Options

PMQs Wednesday 6th March 2013: Live Discussion Thread!

Comments

• Options
    rusty123rusty123 Posts: 22,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rafer wrote: »
    He has to be careful though. He runs the risk of it becoming an either/or issue. Then he finds himself in a hole. Cameron turns it into Ed being Either against benefits recipients or against the troops.

I'd play it safe this week and go with troop numbers in Afghanistan and our withdrawl. Put the house to sleep and go for the draw. Try for better ammunition next week.

Sad aint it..... loads of things we'd probably like to hear frank and honest Q&As to and here we are concluding Ed can't ask a question because it's about finding ways of promoting him - not informing us.
  • Options
    AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Suppose that you were biased and predisposed towards awarding the victory to David Cameron. How would you know the difference?

I always vote after the event based on what I have seen and heard.
  • Options
    wallsterwallster Posts: 17,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Suppose that you were biased and predisposed towards awarding the victory to David Cameron. How would you know the difference?

Are you biased and anti a Cameron victory in 2015?
  • Options
    helioslumoshelioslumos Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Annsyre wrote: »
    I always vote after the event based on what I have seen and heard.

This doesn't answer the question (maybe that's why you like Cameron so much). Please have another go though ...
    wallster wrote: »
    Are you biased and anti a Cameron victory in 2015?

I'd rather none of the current parties won but I'd like least for Cameron to win. Now that I have answered your vacuous question, maybe you could go back and respond to some of my points
  • Options
    David TeeDavid Tee Posts: 22,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Page 2, 12:30 and no-one's voted as yet.

Seriously impressed...
  • Options
    rusty123rusty123 Posts: 22,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David Tee wrote: »

Seriously impressed...

12.30? Where are you posting from Dave?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Seriously impressed...

No-one has physically voted yet but I can imagine some of the mob sitting with a separate window, choice pre-selected, just waiting for the Cameron vs Miliband exchanges to finish so that they can register their vote.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well it wont be immigration because he is making a speech about that tonight where it is claimed he will say that Labour's open door policy was wrong.

And it wont be about David Nicholson because of Labour's involvement in the Staffordshire hospital scandal.

Perhaps he will give the economy another go and dazzle us with another of Balls' scripts?

There's a fair bit to go after this week - the figures from Manufacturing and Construction, the Bankers Bonus, the lending figures plus all the fuss surrounding Theresa May. However, I suspect he's not done with hammering his nails into the Bedroom tax and Millionaires.

Ed and Ed came up with their One Nation answer to "short-termism" if anyone's interested. Here's a snippet...
    “A One Nation economic policy is about making sure our economy invests and works for the long-term and uses the talents of all and not just a few. Sir George’s report sets out a clear plan for creating that more long-termist economy including radical reforms to executive pay, tougher rules on takeovers and encouraging longer-term shareholding and we will now study his detailed proposals as part of our policy review.

“It’s vital that we take action to kick-start our flatlining economy, but now is also exactly the right time to make the long-term changes we need to make our economy stronger, more balanced and better able to attract new investment and create skilled jobs for the future.

As usual, big on the what, never on the how.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rusty123 wrote: »
    12.30? Where are you posting from Dave?

In Italy right now. A government-free zone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    No-one has physically voted yet but I can imagine some of the mob sitting with a separate window, choice pre-selected, just waiting for the Cameron vs Miliband exchanges to finish so that they can register their vote.

A tad biased ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ed and Ed came up with their One Nation answer to "short-termism" if anyone's interested. Here's a snippet...

As usual, big on the what, never on the how.

This is common to most opposition parties, simply because there is no need for them to detail their plans. This is a lacking part of opposition politics but not unique to Labour in any sense.

That being said, I feel that Ed M has been vindicated in playing his cards close to his chest. After all, several of his initiatives (producer / predator, bankers bonuses etc) have been lifted by the Coalition
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A tad biased ?

Not at all. I didn't say that it applied either to Conservatives or Labour. Instead I only implied that a certain type of people will already have made up their minds.

You are still welcome to respond to the points that I made earlier, by the way
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not at all. I didn't say that it applied either to Conservatives or Labour. Instead I only implied that a certain type of people will already have made up their minds.

You are still welcome to respond to the points that I made earlier, by the way

What "certain type of people" are those?

The ones that you phantasise about?

To quote you -

"I can imagine some of the mob sitting with a separate window, choice pre-selected, just waiting for the Cameron vs Miliband exchanges to finish so that they can register their vote."
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What "certain type of people" are those?

The ones that you phantasise about?

You are getting desperate now. Respond to my original points please
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,900
    Forum Member

Are you one of those voting for the new Pope? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd rather none of the current parties won but I'd like least for Cameron to win. Now that I have answered your vacuous question, maybe you could go back and respond to some of my points

And you try to label other people as biaised :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    DP

The usual pre-budget machinations and predictions are in full swing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SallyArmy wrote: »

LOL :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yup. I'm campaigning for Russell Brand.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Mind boggling.
  • Options
    gummy mummygummy mummy Posts: 26,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rusty123 wrote: »
    Sad aint it..... loads of things we'd probably like to hear frank and honest Q&As to and here we are concluding Ed can't ask a question because it's about finding ways of promoting him - not informing us.

The trouble is when Miliband asks a frank and honest question Cameron rarely gives a frank and honest answer, instead he usually finds away to turn the question back on Miliband.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wallster wrote: »
    And you try to label other people as biaised :rolleyes:

Preference and bias are two different concepts. But such subtlety clearly escapes you. Instead it is just distract, question, accuse, distract, question, accuse. Go back and answer some of my points please (or just continue with your biased rambling and disinformation)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The trouble is when Miliband asks a frank and honest question Cameron rarely gives a frank and honest answer, instead he usually finds away to turn the question back on Miliband.

Cameron usually finds some ham-fisted way of getting in some pre-scripted insult about "Labour's mess / Unions / wrong Brother / no policies / borrowing." It's just awful to watch
  • Options
    MartinPMartinP Posts: 31,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

...and you've come on DS?! That's dedication ;)
  • Options
    RaferRafer Posts: 14,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cameron usually finds some ham-fisted way of getting in some pre-scripted insult about "Labour's mess / Unions / wrong Brother / no policies / borrowing." It's just awful to watch

Then don't.