Options

The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 48)

Comments

• Options
    avbavb Posts: 9,612
    Forum Member
    Not really a fan of Louise's song at the moment, so I hope it doesn't win.

Didn't realise the extent of the controversy over the Macedonia song and why the video was removed so quickly, I presumed it was just that they didn't like the song, didn't know it was all the Skopje 2014 stuff in the video that caused problems too, both in Macedonia itself and in Greece and Bulgaria supposedly.
  • Options
    steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was annoyed when Louise got through over Felicia, but I've grown to really like her song. I think winning's well out of reach for her, but I'd like to see her in the top 5.
    I was wondering, do you reckon Bjorkman tells the juries who to vote for?

Definitely not. Can you imagine the outrage if it got out? It'd make the X Factor Cheryl/Gamu thing look like a WI bake sale in comparison.
  • Options
    AliceyAlicey Posts: 5,294
    Forum Member
    It's possible the juries will think Yohio is a woman. I know I did until reading otherwise.
  • Options
    UlfgeirrUlfgeirr Posts: 3,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why hasn't anyone mentioned the vocalist of Koza Mostra? :p
  • Options
    fruitangfruitang Posts: 201
    Forum Member
    Ulfgeirr wrote: »
    Why hasn't anyone mentioned the vocalist of Koza Mostra? :p

I was just about to! Him and Mr Hungary get my vote. Although Alex has to ditch the glasses, he can keep his hat though.

As for the ladies, well Margaret for definite and I think Hannah from Slovenia is quite pretty too.
  • Options
    Chickens hitChickens hit Posts: 26,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some pics of Friends Arena being prepped for Saturday's Final.......

http://esckaz.com/2013/

27,000+ capacity for the show. Long way from the potential 56,000 it can hold, but I guess it would be difficult to fill when you consider Globen was something like 16,000 when full. It should make for a spectacular show all told.

Still don't care who wins though.:cool:
  • Options
    avbavb Posts: 9,612
    Forum Member
    Some pics of Friends Arena being prepped for Saturday's Final.......

http://esckaz.com/2013/

27,000+ capacity for the show. Long way from the potential 56,000 it can hold, but I guess it would be difficult to fill when you consider Globen was something like 16,000 when full. It should make for a spectacular show all told.

Sounds good, looking forward to it. I still don't understand the logic of having a bigger venue for the national final than for Eurovision itself though?
  • Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The atmosphere could fall flat given the size of the arena and the stage looks dwarfed in this picture http://instagram.com/p/We5sKnO2hx/, hope its a good show anyway.

Next year they will be able to go to the Tele2 arena next to Globen.
  • Options
    alwaysanigel247alwaysanigel247 Posts: 6,360
    Forum Member
    phill363 wrote: »
    The atmosphere could fall flat given the size of the arena and the stage looks dwarfed in this picture http://instagram.com/p/We5sKnO2hx/, hope its a good show anyway.

Next year they will be able to go to the Tele2 arena next to Globen.

didn't know they were building a new venue next to the globen! Are they planning to knock it down?!:eek:

Also friends arena would have probably hosted eurovision if it wasn't for bloody football!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    didn't know they were building a new venue next to the globen! Are they planning to knock it down?!:eek:

Also friends arena would have probably hosted eurovision if it wasn't for bloody football!

Yeah its 30,000 thousand seater one opening in august. I think Globen is staying and this new arena is for football mainly with a retractable roof and Globen is a for ice hockey mainly I think.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah its 30,000 thousand seater one opening in august. I think Globen is staying and this new arena is for football mainly with a retractable roof and Globen is a for ice hockey mainly I think.

They should go back to Globen and do the Melfest final on ice next year.:D
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I believe though they scaled down Eurovision this year quite deliberately.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    I believe though they scaled down Eurovision this year quite deliberately.

Indeed. The EBU want a smaller and cheaper show to safeguard the future of the contest. Some of the smaller countries really would struggle to put on the show if they were to win if it had continued to grow along the lines of 2009 and 2011. Oslo scaled it back as much as they could, but you can forgive Germany going all out when they won as they were like a kid in a candy shop after so many years in the desert.
    Personally I loved the big OTT contests, but know that it wouldn't be feasible on a regular basis.

It will be interesting to see how the Swedes present their show in May
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Indeed. The EBU want a smaller and cheaper show to safeguard the future of the contest. Some of the smaller countries really would struggle to put on the show if they were to win if it had continued to grow along the lines of 2009 and 2011. Oslo scaled it back as much as they could, but you can forgive Germany going all out when they won as they were like a kid in a candy shop after so many years in the desert.
    Personally I loved the big OTT contests, but know that it wouldn't be feasible on a regular basis.

same here, wonder what the bbc would do if we ever host. O2 arena would definitely not host for sure considering how busy it always is,

Really hope though this year the staging isn't an Oslo. Found that a bit too scaled down....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should go back to Globen and do the Melfest final on ice next year.:D

They can get tips from Dima's ice skater.

I want to know how the EBU would cope if Moldova or Albania won and had to host. These are the two countries I think could win and they don't have any sizeable venues. Albania only has that place they hold the National selection in each year not sure on Moldova but they don't have any arena's.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see the Daily Mirror is naming Bonnie Tyler as the UK's act.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They can get tips from Dima's ice skater.

I want to know how the EBU would cope if Moldova or Albania won and had to host. These are the two countries I think could win and they don't have any sizeable venues. Albania only has that place they hold the National selection in each year not sure on Moldova but they don't have any arena's.

I imagine it will got back to the 70s right:confused: when the bbc always stepped in. However the next placed country who could host take over?

Although if Spain, Greece, Cyprus etc won, I take it the chance of them hosting would = 0 right?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see the Daily Mirror is naming Bonnie Tyler as the UK's act.

one positive from this is we may get a denial or even force a hurried press release
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kathleen Reiter :( she was easily the best in Israel by a country mile, shame on thoes judges and the IBA
  • Options
    BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    one positive from this is we may get a denial or even force a hurried press release

Thats true. The article adds nothing new to rumours on Twitter all day, probably just lazy journalism
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I imagine it will got back to the 70s right:confused: when the bbc always stepped in. However the next placed country who could host take over?

Although if Spain, Greece, Cyprus etc won, I take it the chance of them hosting would = 0 right?

I don't think the EBU would be short of volunteers to host and I guess a lot of the poorer Broadcasters would find a way to host some how specially Greece and they made money last time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With the current song rules in place maybe we could try sending Bonnie singing total eclipse of the heart :D
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,507
    Forum Member
    I don't know where I stand on Bonnie.

I like the sound of the songs on her new album, but I don't think her voice is up to much anymore.

Would the BBC not want first dips on the song though, not have it out there unofficially out there? (Believe In Me doesn't sound the strongest on the album, either :()
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know where I stand on Bonnie.

I like the sound of the songs on her new album, but I don't think her voice is up to much anymore.

Would the BBC not want first dips on the song though, not have it out there unofficially out there? (Believe In Me doesn't sound the strongest on the album, either :()

Unless I am wrong, this 'Believe in me' rumour is only there because it is the only song that has been performed off her new album
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moving on from Bonnie for the moment.....

Looks like Esma isn't overjoyed by the new version of the Macedonian song as she is quoted as saying.

"I have no comments about the song. I did what was asked and expected of me, which was going to the studio for new recordings. I have no more comments"

oh dear.
This discussion has been closed.