Options

BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 53)

Comments

• Options
    honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    Hicky wrote: »
    Well normal vehicles couldn't rescue a cat.

I thought SR was in Scotland.
    Yes. To the south of her country i think.
  • Options
    HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    Made a Beef Rendang Curry this afternoon, just had a portion, not supposed to eat it on the day you make it but couldn't wait a day.
    Got a portion for my lad as well.

It's one of the best tasting curry's i've ever had, it's from Malaysia, well i was there for 18 months so all that type of food and Singapore food is fantastic.
    http://rasamalaysia.com/beef-rendang-recipe-rendang-daging/

The paste to make your own, and you need Coconut Milk.
    I bought the pack of 6 jars.
    You need one jar for 500g of beef.
    The recipe is on the jar.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003UVAXBC/?tag=hydra0b-21&hvadid=11067319325&ref=asc_df_B003UVAXBC
  • Options
    minkskiminkski Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    Erm You finish the rest, Minks. :) It will boost your immune system.

That's so thoughtful of you honey :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes. To the south of her country i think.
    So your saying Scotland isn't North?

Has it been moved?
  • Options
    hyundaihyundai Posts: 36,528
    Forum Member
    JoJo4 wrote: »
    Hi hy - you should whisper that, don't let Hicky hear you!

Very very rarely go in public toilets, although I do have wipes in my handbag - they're always there since we had grandchildren:cool: I was thinking of taking my bag with me into the loo at friend's/family member's houses - obviously if you're out and about you'd keep your bag with you wherever you are???

Son #1 who often goes into operating theatres has been told not to attend any such cases until Wednesday at least - good advice. He's working from home at the moment - thankfully his partner doesn't seem to have caught it, she's so tiny it'd knock her off her feet for weeks!
    nope i am glad i sole it....ny new one is fabby.....
    Sorry to hear about your mum, Hy. I know how hard you have worked to take care of her so well.
    I expect the residential care will be a big help, and you will have many more happy times together.

Hardly a week goes by without hearing about grandparents blocked from seeing their grandchildren, and the "am i being unreasonable" section of mumsnet is dominated by it.
    I dont remember this happening often when my children were little, so i dont know what has changed?
    Perhaps working parents spend so little time with their children that they resent sharing? I dont know.
    It is very sad because a baby "belongs" to the whole family, and time lost can never be recaptured.
    I hope it is sorted out quickly. :)
    honey i am pytting it down to post natal depression...but that doesnt excuse her for the bad emails and the poor way she has treated ken and myself in the past even before she had the baby.....when i am ready i will confront the situatio....but for now i am letting her think she has backed me into the corner and denying me the baby...my time will come....
    Well normal vehicles couldn't rescue a cat.

I thought SR was in Scotland.

I will when i get the money, as long as it is a 4x4, a Land Rover, an Automatic a Diesel and has Winter Tyres.

I hope you never regret it.

So true, it's like going in an aeroplane without a parachute.:DDDDDDDD
    i dont regret it for a minute....as has been pointd out to me...the 4x4 will get me moving but will not stop me any quicker.....
  • Options
    tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Has it been moved?

Hicky

honey said south of her country

being the south of scotland
  • Options
    minkskiminkski Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    hyundai wrote: »

honey i am pytting it down to post natal depression...but that doesnt excuse her for the bad emails and the poor way she has treated ken and myself in the past even before she had the baby.....when i am ready i will confront the situatio....but for now i am letting her think she has backed me into the corner and denying me the baby...my time will come....

i dont regret it for a minute....as has been pointd out to me...the 4x4 will get me moving but will not stop me any quicker.....

So sorry you haven't been able to see your grandchild yet :( I hope your son lets you see him soon
  • Options
    Forum Member

Has it been moved?
    Its a different country. We are in the north of England not the north of Britain. If it included other countries we would be a bit down from middle.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hicky

honey said south of her country

being the south of scotland

Thank you TVQ. :)
  • Options
    hyundaihyundai Posts: 36,528
    Forum Member
    minkski wrote: »
    So sorry you haven't been able to see your grandchild yet :( I hope your son lets you see him soon

hi there...i have seen him...twice...the day he was born and 2 weeks later when i took mum to see him..it was after that visit i was sent a nasty email by her and told i couldnt see him...my son and i talk all the time and he wants to bring him to see me but up to now he hasnt been able to persuade her to let him..and to be fair she was breast feeding...but that could be sorted....my son is haing a bad time as well...this is why i have backed off for now.....
  • Options
    Flora PosteFlora Poste Posts: 18,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Has it been moved?

I always refer to Scotland as up north as well because from where I live it is :D
  • Options
    The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 201,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always refer to Scotland as up north as well because from where I live it is :D

:eek::eek:

Are you my new next door neighbour? :p:D
  • Options
    Forum Member

We are all north to those who are in Falmouth :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :eek::eek:

Are you my new next door neighbour? :p:D

Am I alright for a cup of sugar :p:D
  • Options
    Forum Member

You won't need to stop if you can't get moving.

And winter tyres stop faster in wet weather than normal ones.
    If you are on ice you are at the mercy of the gods.
    Just drive according to the conditions, many don't.
    Its a different country. We are in the north of England not the north of Britain. If it included other countries we would be a bit down from middle.
    I said SR lived up North, i obviously was taking about relative to us, according to the compass pointer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Course you are, but I'll draw a line @ a full scottish brekki ! :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Course you are, but I'll draw a line @ a full brekki ! :p

Cheapskate :p:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cheapskate :p:D

I've got my overheads to think off ! :p:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Fred the weatherman (and some others) says "North" to mean the lakes, Merseyside Tyneside, Yorkshire etc and then he make a sweeping movement over Scotland and says it will snow. (all over, as if its a village):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You won't need to stop if you can't get moving.

And winter tyres stop faster in wet weather than normal ones.
    If you are on ice you are at the mercy of the gods.
    Just drive according to the conditions, many don't.

I said SR lived up North, i obviously was taking about relative to us, according to the compass pointer.

:eek: She's run off to Alaska with Eddy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got my overheads to think off ! :p:D

*tuts* Well I wouldnt want to eat into your profit margins, you entrepreneurs are all the same :rolleyes::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *tuts* Well I wouldnt want to eat into your profit margins, you entrepreneurs are all the same :rolleyes::D

Not even in two life times, will that happen ....... trust me ! :p
  • Options
    JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,663
    Forum Member
    Artemesia wrote: »
    It would make me giggle too, it is sloppy reporting.....** collapses **

:p:p:p

:D yes, that any many similar! Poor woman, the laughing stock of the forum and our house:cool:
    hi there...i have seen him...twice...the day he was born and 2 weeks later when i took mum to see him..it was after that visit i was sent a nasty email by her and told i couldnt see him...my son and i talk all the time and he wants to bring him to see me but up to now he hasnt been able to persuade her to let him..and to be fair she was breast feeding...but that could be sorted....my son is haing a bad time as well...this is why i have backed off for now.....

Hy I had no idea - what a horrible situation. I think you do right to bide your time, no sense making matters worse at this early stage. At least your son's being reasonable, poor guy, must be awful for him when he ought to be on top of the world.

:D
  • Options
    BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JoJo4 wrote: »
    OH has just reminded me of a conversation we had last night - he heard on the news, talking about the Queen's cancelled visit during yesterday 'her Maj was however able to visit xyz this evening, and there is no sign of her gastro-enteritis'!

He was giggling to himself all the way through trying to tell me, and all manner of theories to offer on what signs they were expecting to see:D

I am sure we are all glad there was no sign of it :eek::p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Barracute wrote: »
    I am sure we are all glad there was no sign of it :eek::p

She could have improvised with her umbrella. :cool:
This discussion has been closed.