Options

Long serving Waterloo Road cast member to leave

Comments

• Options
    curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :(:(:(

It just get's worse and worse. Tom will be next. When that happens, I'm out.

Me too :(
    He's now tweeted that it wasn't his decision :(
    Really gutted about this, there is only Tom keeping me watching now, once Tom's gone (and I don't think he'll be there much longer) I wont be watching anymore :(

I just cant see them axing Grantly :eek: maybe when he says it wasnt his decision he could be meaning ill health or doctors decision :confused:
  • Options
    Yoshi FanYoshi Fan Posts: 13,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grantly leaving is bad enough...but Grantly being axed is surely the final nail in the show's coffin. What a complete lack of respect to the show's joint longest serving and (arguably) most popular character.
  • Options
    whoyouarexowhoyouarexo Posts: 6,099
    Forum Member
    If hes been axed, it is the most pathetic decision ever made for the programme.

As much as people love the new characters, people also adore the old favourites like Tom and Grantly that are familiar. I will miss him very, very much, hes brilliant.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,980
    Forum Member
    Philip Martin Brown has now deleted both tweets from last night. How very bizarre..
  • Options
    MasterjonboiMasterjonboi Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But if he films in may. He wont be gone until mid or second mid series 9 as the third half of series 8 is due on in april
  • Options
    MasterjonboiMasterjonboi Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How do you know there not planning to bring some old characters back?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How do you know there not planning to bring some old characters back?

Because, bar Janeece, they haven't managed it in 7 serieses. They didn't even manage to bring back Sam's family for her funeral, or indeed Tom's family for any of his storylines.
  • Options
    NickJordanNickJordan Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rossy22 wrote: »
    Because, bar Janeece, they haven't managed it in 7 serieses. They didn't even manage to bring back Sam's family for her funeral, or indeed Tom's family for any of his storylines.

Yes in those cases they didn't bring anyone back, but they did manage to get Kim back in Series 4 and Andrew back for a couple eps.
  • Options
    pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,104
    Forum Member
    Is it impossible for them to go back to rochdale? It's needed
  • Options
    Wong_BillabongWong_Billabong Posts: 10,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe he wasn't axed, maybe he left on doctors orders, he had been off for a bit before now too hence the kidney failure storyline
  • Options
    Chrissy 2005Chrissy 2005 Posts: 9,645
    Forum Member
    Matt also came back.
  • Options
    monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 57,001
    Forum Member
    Maybe he wasn't axed, maybe he left on doctors orders, he had been off for a bit before now too hence the kidney failure storyline

Surely theyd be able to say that? The official article mentions going on to something new
  • Options
    tvhonourtvhonour Posts: 3,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But if he films in may. He wont be gone until mid or second mid series 9 as the third half of series 8 is due on in april

If his final scenes are filmed in late May, he will be leaving in the first half of Series 9 (Autumn Term - Episodes 1-10). Series 9 is only 20 episodes. They begin filming it in April and it will take around six months to complete.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rossy22 wrote: »

Luke Bailey (Marley Kelly) stated before on Twitter that producers asked him to return for Sam's Memorial. However he said that he refused because "he didn't owe them anything." I remember reading that and thinking there must be bad blood or something between Luke and Shed.

And since when has Tom had any family in the show bar Josh?? Chlo and Mika weren't really his family and have had no reason to return for anything that Tom has been featured in. What would be the point?

And Matt returned after being away for two series, not to mention Bolton has just recently returned for a guest appearance AND Kyle Stack is back towards the end of this series too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pothuthic wrote: »
    Is it impossible for them to go back to rochdale? It's needed

Nope. The old set has been demolished now, ready for redevelopment.
  • Options
    Chrissy 2005Chrissy 2005 Posts: 9,645
    Forum Member
    Didn't Steph return as well for the Grantly/Fleur story?
  • Options
    IanMandyIanMandy Posts: 14,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Steph made a brief return back in series 6- I hope she returns for Grantly's exit
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yes, and Steph :D
  • Options
    IanMandyIanMandy Posts: 14,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tvhonour wrote: »
    Oh yes, and Steph :D

I miss Steph so much- and Denise said that she'd be open to a return
  • Options
    Foxster HotpotFoxster Hotpot Posts: 12,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is the final nail in the coffin for the show, all the good characters are gone and Tom will probably leave next. By the end of the series 9 that it is contacted up to I predict we will lose: Micheal, Lorraine, Chistine, Tom, Rhiannon and Connor and Imogen
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh no, I'm gutted by this! I loveee Grantly! Him and Tom are pretty much the only reason I still watch. I also like Maggie too so I hope the actress decides to leave to cos I would hate it if they split up :(
    Unless he dies? I haven't seen the last two or three episides, someone mentioned it was shown he had some health problems?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tvhonour wrote: »
    Luke Bailey (Marley Kelly) stated before on Twitter that producers asked him to return for Sam's Memorial. However he said that he refused because "he didn't owe them anything." I remember reading that and thinking there must be bad blood or something between Luke and Shed.

And since when has Tom had any family in the show bar Josh?? Chlo and Mika weren't really his family and have had no reason to return for anything that Tom has been featured in. What would be the point?

And Matt returned after being away for two series, not to mention Bolton has just recently returned for a guest appearance AND Kyle Stack is back towards the end of this series too.

Yeah I read that too about Luke and Shed. See, I count Chlo and Mika as his family, would you not? Ah I'd forgotten about Matt. But I don't think Bolton's appearance counts, it was horrendous. I do take your point though about returnees. But for me personally, there's not been any really successful ones that justify the change in Waterloo Road recently.
  • Options
    LastlaughLastlaugh Posts: 3,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolute joke. :mad: (If it wasn't his decision!)
  • Options
    curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely theyd be able to say that? The official article mentions going on to something new

maybe he didnt want everyone to know he,d been told to leave on doctors orders, saying he is moving on to new projects sounds better
  • Options
    monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 57,001
    Forum Member
    curvybabes wrote: »
    maybe he didnt want everyone to know he,d been told to leave on doctors orders, saying he is moving on to new projects sounds better

it would stop people speculating though