Options

Rejoice!! Pope Francis I. Great day for the Church.

AZZURRI 06AZZURRI 06 Posts: 11,173
Forum Member
✭✭
Delighted to have a new Pope. Just hope the usual suspects will allow Catholics to rejoice without having to endure their outdated anti Catholic prejudice.

Comments

• Options
    rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AZZURRI 06 wrote: »
    Delighted to have a new Pope. Just hope the usual suspects will allow Catholics to rejoice without having to endure their outdated anti Catholic prejudice.

Well not antagonising them to would be a start. Perhaps one should start on that "Path of love" that the new Pope has started.
  • Options
    UKMikeyUKMikey Posts: 28,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Girlfriend, puh-leeze... :D
  • Options
    muntamunta Posts: 18,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well perhaps the Catholic church could start by shopping all their paedophile priests. Then people would have less ammunition to attack them with.

just a thought!
  • Options
    CaldariCaldari Posts: 5,890
    Forum Member
    Last Pope was a member of the Hitler Youth and now it seems this one was somehow involved with the Argentinian military Junta. Perhaps if they elected someone with less skeletons in the closet than Ed Gein people wouldn't be as critical.
  • Options
    KidMoeKidMoe Posts: 5,851
    Forum Member

Outdated prejudice? Entirely justifiable anti-catholic feeling is nothing if not relevant. When the papacy joins the rest of us in the 21st century, maybe we'll stop criticising it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great news still, a new Pope for the World. God bless him in his ministry.
  • Options
    MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm starting to wonder if you're even a catholic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm starting to wonder if you're even a catholic.

Why? What sense would there be in that?
  • Options
    Keiō LineKeiō Line Posts: 12,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You seemed to disappear when Cardinal Keith O'Brien admitted he has been sexually assaulting young men.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why is he referred to on this thread as Francis I? :confused:

Is that to differentiate him from the previous Popes Francis -II -I, 0 etc :D
  • Options
    muntamunta Posts: 18,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Pope gods right hand man? If so, why do the cardinals choose him. Why not just put names in a hat and let god choose the Pope?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    munta wrote: »
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Pope gods right hand man? If so, why do the cardinals choose him. Why not just put names in a hat and let god choose the Pope?

God guides the Cardinals as to who he wants chosen otherwise he'd have to get washed, dressed and come downstairs himself and interview them all.
  • Options
    MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why? What sense would there be in that?

No big deal I'm also starting to wonder if this place is making me overly suspicious.

<shrugs>
  • Options
    KidMoeKidMoe Posts: 5,851
    Forum Member
    munta wrote: »

He's directly chosen by God, I believe. Why that requires 3 days and 120 people to vote for him is a bit of a mystery. I would have thought an email or tweet would be faster.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keiō Line wrote: »
    You seemed to disappear when Cardinal Keith O'Brien admitted he has been sexually assaulting young men.

Not really. Hope you aren`t stalking me.
  • Options
    InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,794
    Forum Member
    I think most are, in response I hope the usual suspects don't make people endure outdated anti-homosexual prejudice and anti condom lectures!
  • Options
    kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    God guides the Cardinals as to who he wants chosen otherwise he'd have to get washed, dressed and come downstairs himself and interview them all.
    I just wonder why the Holy Spirit doesn't just tell them all at once, instead of giving some one name and others, another.
  • Options
    shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great news still, a new Pope for the World. God bless him in his ministry.

Well it is hardly news. One pope leaves, another comes along. Surprise surprise!! And it a new pope for the catholic church. The rest of the world couldnt care less.
  • Options
    Kei&#333; LineKei&#333; Line Posts: 12,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not really. Hope you aren`t stalking me.
    I must have missed your comments on the disgraced Cardinal Keith O'Brien then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kimindex wrote: »
    I just wonder why the Holy Spirit doesn't just tell them all at once, instead of giving some one name and others, another.

Never invite me for dinner. Your party games don't sound much fun :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    InMyArms wrote: »
    I think most are, in response I hope the usual suspects don't make people endure outdated anti-homosexual prejudice and anti condom lectures!

Non Catholics are perfectly entitled to follow their own way of life. If they want to buy hundreds of condoms and have dozens of abortions and also have same sex relations they can do so. I couldn`t care less.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Non Catholics are perfectly entitled to follow their own way of life. If they want to buy hundreds of condoms and have dozens of abortions and also have same sex relations they can do so. I couldn`t care less.

Cheeky munky! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keiō Line wrote: »
    I must have missed your comments on the disgraced Cardinal Keith O'Brien then.

What do you want me to say? He knows if he has done wrong. I am in no position to say. At the end of the day he is only a man.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheeky munky! :D

I was going to say thousands!
  • Options
    ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    I didn't even know Jim Bowen was a catholic.