Options

Hell and High Water- Comic Relief Challenge, BBC One now

Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
Forum Member
Anyone else watching?

Jack Dee's making me laugh as usual, and Chelsea Healey is coming across as the new Helen Flanagan.

Comments

• Options
    owlloverowllover Posts: 7,980
    Forum Member
    I'm watching!

This losing their paddles and crashing into the trees looks harder than I expected to see.
  • Options
    dollymix53dollymix53 Posts: 9,149
    Forum Member
    Does anybody know who is doing the narration?
    voice is familiar but can't place it,

that was a trip:eek::eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dollymix53 wrote: »
    Does anybody know who is doing the narration?
    voice is familiar but can't place it,

that was a trip:eek::eek:

Martin Freeman. Tim from The Office.
  • Options
    dollymix53dollymix53 Posts: 9,149
    Forum Member
    Ollie_h19 wrote: »
    Martin Freeman. Tim from The Office.

Thanks
  • Options
    AndaghaAndagha Posts: 31,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My heart was in my mouth watching the rescue of Dara, even though I knew he had survived it was still a heart wrenching moment. Thank gods the only thing the group lost were Jack and Melanie's clothes..
  • Options
    SueGSueG Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The stupid girl "didn't know that they had elephants in Africa"
  • Options
    CMCM Posts: 33,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ollie_h19 wrote: »
    Anyone else watching?

Jack Dee's making me laugh as usual, and Chelsea Healey is coming across as the new Helen Flanagan.

I think it should be compulsory to give comic relief and children in need a £1 each from everyone then not have to go through this process of watching them painfully try to entertain us especially Wogan :cool:
  • Options
    far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    I'm not watching, but how many times have they played Coldplay?
  • Options
    ZimzammamZimzammam Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    SueG wrote: »
    The stupid girl "didn't know that they had elephants in Africa"

Is she for real??? Also too Bliddy lazy to dig a toilet for the crew, real team player....not.
    Not warming to her at all :mad:
  • Options
    SueGSueG Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zimzammam wrote: »
    Is she for real??? Also too Bliddy lazy to dig a toilet for the crew, real team player....not.

She's too thick to learn anything from this experience.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    CM wrote: »
    I think it should be compulsory to give comic relief and children in need a £1 each from everyone then not have to go through this process of watching them painfully try to entertain us especially Wogan :cool:

Who 'has to go through it'?

If you dont want to watch the telethons like tommorow nights, dont. I enjoyed watching the Killimanjaro climb and Im enjoying warching this.
  • Options
    ZimzammamZimzammam Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    SueG, I think you are right!
  • Options
    SnikpohSnikpoh Posts: 2,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done to them all - they're a damn sight braver than me :)
  • Options
    Mo@realityMo@reality Posts: 860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    far2cool wrote: »
    I'm not watching, but how many times have they played Coldplay?

3 times. Paradise, Every teardrop and I think the last one was Fix You :D
  • Options
    nellieknelliek Posts: 10,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Snikpoh wrote: »
    Well done to them all - they're a damn sight braver than me :)
    Too true. :)
    I reckon that last rapid nicknamed Oblivion makes the Oblivion ride at Alton Towers a walk in the park ('scuse the pun.)
    Not that I have any wish to go on either of them. :eek::eek::eek::eek:
  • Options
    far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    Mo@reality wrote: »
    3 times. Paradise, Every teardrop and I think the last one was Fix You :D

Thought as much :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    Zimzammam wrote: »

Bit harsh. She might not be perfect but she did row 7 hours a day for charity - give her a break.
  • Options
    Mystic DaveMystic Dave Posts: 1,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She didn't row - she occasionally dipped her paddle into the river.

I suppose that was a 4 on the 5-level difficulty scale, so why didn't they first have a practice on the Olympic watercourse?

These things always amuse me - and to be honest, I only watch them in the hope of seeing the useless celebs come unstuck or look stupid (Chelsey talking to the kids about learning English "Can you understand a lot what I am saying":rolleyes:). They go on these trips for a few days and declare that it has been the greatest thing in their lives before having a blub to raise money - yet none of these celebs will actually go to help kids in the UK.

That's why I don't give to any of these telethons.
  • Options
    doe_a_deerdoe_a_deer Posts: 2,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I suppose that was a 4 on the 5-level difficulty scale, so why didn't they first have a practice on the Olympic watercourse?

These things always amuse me - and to be honest, I only watch them in the hope of seeing the useless celebs come unstuck or look stupid (Chelsey talking to the kids about learning English "Can you understand a lot what I am saying":rolleyes:). They go on these trips for a few days and declare that it has been the greatest thing in their lives before having a blub to raise money - yet none of these celebs will actually go to help kids in the UK.

Oh dear, here we go again.

How on earth would you know which celebs do and don't 'help kids in the UK?'

Presumably some do and some don't, just like with non-celebs, so why on earth tar them all with the same brush?
  • Options
    Forum Member

Im sure some of the many UK projects funded by Comic Relief will be highlighted tomorrow night.
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was interesting to watch, and really looked like quite the adrenalin rush. Not something I'd ever dare, so respect to everyone involved.

That said, every time Chelsee Healey opens her mouth, she reveals new depths to her ignorance. How can anyone have lived 24 years and know so little? I like her a lot, but my god she's dense!
  • Options
    Alex482Alex482 Posts: 482
    Forum Member
    Bit harsh. She might not be perfect but she did row 7 hours a day for charity - give her a break.

A woman aged 24 who didn't think that there were elephants in Africa deserves to be treated harshly. How can someone go through twelve years of education and still come out as thick as pig sh1t? It's an embarrassment. People like her shouldn't even be allowed to vote.
  • Options
    CressidaCressida Posts: 3,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alex482 wrote: »
    A woman aged 24 who didn't think that there were elephants in Africa deserves to be treated harshly. How can someone go through twelve years of education and still come out as thick as pig sh1t? It's an embarrassment. People like her shouldn't even be allowed to vote.

Well Chelsey certainly knows there are hippos.

Who'd want to be in a flimsy boat trying to get past angry hippos when it's so much easier to comment whilst doing nothing much more than sitting on your derrière.
  • Options
    Smiley433Smiley433 Posts: 7,906
    Forum Member
    Chelsee before the trip: My mum kind of does everything for me. I'm 24, I need to start getting a bit independent. Should I take some bikinis, mum? Maybe this trip will give me a bit of independence. Hopefully.

Chelsee after digging out 5cm3 of the loo pit: I'm done now. I'm bored.
  • Options
    Sharona68Sharona68 Posts: 1,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I think she's brilliant entertainment and seems a lovely girl.