Options

Great British Menu Series 8

Comments

• Options
    RedHedRedHed Posts: 913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rumtruffle wrote: »
    If I'm thinking properly (I'm usually not), the judges really liked Tom's dessert. And Colin's.

I'm hoping it's Michael's starter - Daniel's fish course - Michael's main - Tom's pudding

I only hope Michael gets on there twice as I loathed the poor decision to put Ray through and can't bear the thought of him cooking at the banquet.

That would be my vote too, i fear they may pick Aiden's beef, potatoes & pot noodle though.

I think Richard is deffinitely my favourite, seems a nice chap & a lovely accent to boot.

I felt a bit sorry for Mary-Anne, she seems a bit out of her depth and looks like she needs a good wash!

The little cheflette looks a bit petulant, i half expected him to throw himself on the floor and chuck a benny when Jeremy gave him his mark :D
  • Options
    clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,645
    Forum Member
    RedHed wrote: »
    That would be my vote too, i fear they may pick Aiden's beef, potatoes & pot noodle though.

I think Richard is deffinitely my favourite, seems a nice chap & a lovely accent to boot.

I felt a bit sorry for Mary-Anne, she seems a bit out of her depth and looks like she needs a good wash!

The little cheflette looks a bit petulant, i half expected him to throw himself on the floor and chuck a benny when Jeremy gave him his mark :D

I get the feeling Jeremy might have to be diplomatic with his scores and comments to avoid a Mountain sized flounce off!
  • Options
    RedHedRedHed Posts: 913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    clm2071 wrote: »
    I get the feeling Jeremy might have to be diplomatic with his scores and comments to avoid a Mountain sized flounce off!

:D:D:D
    He's lucky he's got the lovely Jeremy because i don't think the likes of Marcus or Phil would pull any punches.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't think Marcus would have scored any of yesterdays dishes above a 5 - even if he was more agreeable this year :)
  • Options
    coughthecatcoughthecat Posts: 6,876
    Forum Member
    I don't think Marcus would have scored any of yesterdays dishes above a 5 - even if he was more agreeable this year :)

If Marcus had been marking them, I think the final shot would have been of him sobbing quietly in a corner, mouthing the words "Why me?"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If Marcus had been marking them, I think the final shot would have been of him sobbing quietly in a corner, mouthing the words "Why me?"

:):):)
  • Options
    planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    well i'm in the mood for a good laugh so i'm looking forward to the comedy gold of today's dishes...
  • Options
    IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member

Looking at the intro I've just realized: Cheflette (tm) reminds me of Pitt the Younger!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ah a red plate that's hysterical
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I know the editing can be subjective but to me it seems like Mary is completely out of her depth and is an embarrassment for Wales and the competition.

I cannot believe that they thought she would be appropriate for the comp.
    There have been unknowns on in the past but they have usually been quietly doing their own thing acquiring a good reputation and michelin stars or up & comers (Byrn is a perfect example).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mary is hugely unappealing ... I cant warch her. She is mega creepy.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I know. I bang on endlessly about the shallowness of only judging on looks - but I do regret the scabs on her face.....
  • Options
    prehensileprehensile Posts: 5,103
    Forum Member
    Iphigenia wrote: »
    Looking at the intro I've just realized: Cheflette (tm) reminds me of Pitt the Younger!!

Arf! Excellent spot.
  • Options
    pinkwaferpinkwafer Posts: 933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is her name actually 'experienced Mary Anne' ?
  • Options
    horwichallstarshorwichallstars Posts: 16,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not finding any of these inspiring this week.

Chef the Younger comes across as fairly unlikealbe
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Pitt the Younger versus Skeletor
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    I know the editing can be subjective but to me it seems like Mary is completely out of her depth and is an embarrassment for Wales and the competition.

I cannot believe that they thought she would be appropriate for the comp.
    There have been unknowns on in the past but they have usually been quietly doing their own thing acquiring a good reputation and michelin stars or up & comers (Byrn is a perfect example).

Agree, Mary's food is probably very nice but really doesn't belong here odd choice by the producers.
    Bryn was my next door neighbour many years ago in North Wales :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    they seem to focusing on mary-ann and cheflette® rivalry
  • Options
    Forum Member
    pinkwafer wrote: »

Like her Chinese colleague Yung Gun Luke?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know. I bang on endlessly about the shallowness of only judging on looks - but I do regret the scabs on her face.....

I think she cut herself shaving. I cant understand how any public persona could apear on tv in such a state.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    pinkwafer wrote: »

i thought her name was "self-taught Mary-Ann":confused:
  • Options
    Mr_X_123Mr_X_123 Posts: 1,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mary Anne is horribly ageist. How would she like it if they kept going on about how old and wrinkly she was?

Vile, vile vile.
  • Options
    saralundsaralund Posts: 3,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It does look as if she hasn't washed her hair in weeks, and the smoker's laugh makes me imagine nicotine in the food.

But then rather a lot of the male chefs in the series are not that appetising, in all senses of the world.

Jeremy is a joy to watch.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel sorry for the other chef, he's got it way too easy :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    chloe_26 wrote: »
    I feel sorry for the other chef, he's got it way too easy :eek:

but chloe he is using a RED PLATE he's really working the humour brief....