Options

The Saturday's New Single What About Us ft Sean Paul

Comments

• Options
    iamstrongiamstrong Posts: 867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to popjustice and lots of other sources, they're 30K ahead of #2 (JT's "Mirrors") :eek:
  • Options
    AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally confused by this sudden love from the public tbh.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So confused with the sudden good run I thought they were on their way out it did not do this well in the USA.
  • Options
    iamstrongiamstrong Posts: 867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So confused with the sudden good run I thought they were on their way out it did not do this well in the USA.
    The song wasn't sent to radio.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yesss I am a bit confused, I didn't think it was gonna even trouble the top ten but I am glad.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yesss I am a bit confused, I didn't think it was gonna even trouble the top ten but I am glad.

I think the girls must be picking up new fans through their US E! reality show which has also been transmitted in the UK.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    @CapitalOfficial 26m
    #NP @TheSaturdays! #WhatAboutUs is their first ever @BigTop40 number one & the fastest selling single of the year so far #Proud! James Barr

:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^^^
    Fantastic news.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not even surprised at this doing so well as a lot of my uni friends seem to LOVE this song and they don't even like The Sats. I'm glad its doing so well and I hope its number one on the official top 40 chart.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guess they've found their sound now...
    Though I hope that this is still their 2nd single: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PFhEaN_gVk
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    @CapitalOfficial 26m
    #NP @TheSaturdays! #WhatAboutUs is their first ever @BigTop40 number one & the fastest selling single of the year so far #Proud! James Barr

:eek:

Really?! That's brilliant :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually annoyed this is doing so well. It's their worst single yet and it's going to encourage them to stick with this kind of sound. It's so bland and boring. Not the slightest bit catchy. I've loved every one of their singles in the past but not this one :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really?! That's brilliant :D

Big Top 40 isn't the official chart though. The official chart midweeks will be released tomorrow at 4pm.

Surprised at the bit about it being the fastest selling single of the year though. Especially considering One Direction had that Comic Relief song.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 350
    Forum Member
    Lulz77 wrote: »
    Actually annoyed this is doing so well. It's their worst single yet and it's going to encourage them to stick with this kind of sound. It's so bland and boring. Not the slightest bit catchy. I've loved every one of their singles in the past but not this one :(
    The next single's video has already been filmed so the success of What About Us has had no effect on that single choice. Una said recently that the album is done and it's quite diverse. Their songs with Darkchild lean more towards RnB, they recorded some ballads with Diane Warren. Her favourite track from the album, 'Gentleman', isn't a dance track either. So I don't think we'll simply be getting more songs like What About Us.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pierson wrote: »
    The next single's video has already been filmed so the success of What About Us has had no effect on that single choice. Una said recently that the album is done and it's quite diverse. Their songs with Darkchild lean more towards RnB, they recorded some ballads with Diane Warren. Her favourite track from the album, 'Gentleman', isn't a dance track either. So I don't think we'll simply be getting more songs like What About Us.

I mean music they record in future, not what they've already done for the album.

I think is bound to have an effect. If they get a number one, they'll try to make songs similar to it. Even if they don't realise they're doing it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AdzPower wrote: »
    Guess they've found their sound now...
    Though I hope that this is still their 2nd single: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PFhEaN_gVk

i love the sound of that song so much.

though skip to 7:58 here.. this sounds like a huge tune too and it's something completely different

http://vimeo.com/61765091
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone see Chasing the Sats episode 9? Turns out Vanessa has nothing wrong with her voice! She's just been suffering from anxiety/psychological problems all this time, but it seems she is better now though. Her voice has been sounding better lately...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    james-dean wrote: »
    i love the sound of that song so much.

though skip to 7:58 here.. this sounds like a huge tune too and it's something completely different

http://vimeo.com/61765091

Aaaah so that must be their new song "Gentleman", sounds very different, definitely has potential.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lulz77 wrote: »
    Big Top 40 isn't the official chart though. The official chart midweeks will be released tomorrow at 4pm.

Surprised at the bit about it being the fastest selling single of the year though. Especially considering One Direction had that Comic Relief song.

It's still good though and anything that keeps Wand Erection off the top spot is a good thing in my book :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,204
    Forum Member
    I still miss the Chasing Lights sound :( I hate this song.
  • Options
    MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,235
    Forum Member
    AdzPower wrote: »
    Totally confused by this sudden love from the public tbh.

Very Surprised. almost suspicious! The single is by far their worst and so fake its ridiculous
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Very Surprised. almost suspicious! The single is by far their worst and so fake its ridiculous

How are you suspicious?
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Am I on my own in actually liking it?!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like how split the vocals are in this song. It's not dominated by anyone, each girl gets a fair amount of vocals (obviously Mollie and Frankie have less than the other three, though) and there's three good ad-libs from Rochelle, Una and Vanessa in the last 30 seconds. It's not like Girls Aloud where songs are dominated by Nadine or JLS where it's all Aston.
  • Options
    FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    How are you suspicious?

the kid probably thinks theyhave been buying the single themselves

34k lead on Justin!