Options

Little Mix feat. Missy Elliot - How Ya Doin'? - 4th Single.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 208
    Forum Member
    Single choices have been absolutely spot on this era so far! I would love Turn Your Face and We Are Who We Are to create the final double a-side of this era! Literally all the songs so far are my favourite. Good choice girls!
  • Options
    zummigummizummigummi Posts: 320
    Forum Member
    I would rather it been Red Planet.

Isn't How You Doin a cover?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    zummigummi wrote: »
    I would rather it been Red Planet.

Isn't How You Doin a cover?

Not the whole song, just the chorus.
  • Options
    marcusgvmarcusgv Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    If you didn't know this was Little Mix and heard it on the radio, I would take this for a 90s or 00s US RnB group. I don't know if Little Mix are getting the credit for how good they actually are?
  • Options
    AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really weak choice.
  • Options
    mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not the best song they should release: red planet , case closed , turn your face or pretend its ok.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can see why they have released this, they have a lot of festival gigs in the summer and its a catchy sing a long, but I dont think it matters what little mix release, they wont set the charts alight.

This isnt because the music is neccessarily all rubbish, i just dont think the publics with them. DNA was a step in the right direction towards shaking off the x factor stigma and being taken seriously, 'change your life' was a poor single choice, bit cringeworthy, and a big step back imo. They need a real killer of a single to re-establish chart success and as good as some as the tracks are on the album, none of them are that strong imo.
  • Options
    shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member
    I can see why they have released this, they have a lot of festival gigs in the summer and its a catchy sing a long, but I dont think it matters what little mix release, they wont set the charts alight.

This isnt because the music is neccessarily all rubbish, i just dont think the publics with them. DNA was a step in the right direction towards shaking off the x factor stigma and being taken seriously, 'change your life' was a poor single choice, bit cringeworthy, and a big step back imo. They need a real killer of a single to re-establish chart success and as good as some as the tracks are on the album, none of them are that strong imo.

Yes I agree! But I think releasing a 4th single is to get the album selling tbh.

They will begin to work on album 2 in the summer, hopefully they have more 'hits' on that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, I thought DNA was a great song to loose that xfactor tag. I don't think Change your life was cringeworthy, it was a bit of a fan favourite. I do know that they were meant to release this after Wings. IMO they should have released Turn Your Face, as the Ballads were getting number 1 - Diamonds, Beneath your Beautiful, Little Things. I don't think change your life would have got Number 1.

They should have just continued with the DNA thing. Released Red Planet and Madhouse after.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    What the hell?!

Love drunk
    Going nowhere
    Stereo soldier
    Mad house

All 4 amazing up-tempo songs screaming to be released as singles!
    I love Little Mix and they really do have the potential to be an amazing band but not if the people behind them make them release the rubbish tracks. Change Your Life would have been bigger if they'd released the original video. Such a bland video they released in the end!

Change Your Life was dreadful. I think it's the worst single they released so far. I might be cynical but I think it was only released because they performed it on Children In Need. I think Case Closed, Madhouse or Red Planet would have been better singles.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it too late for Little Mix to change their mind?
    I can't stress how terrible this choice is as a 4th single!!!
    It's such an album filler, to call it a single is actually an insult to pretty much every other song on the album.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Musick1 wrote: »
    Is it too late for Little Mix to change their mind?
    I can't stress how terrible this choice is as a 4th single!!!
    It's such an album filler, to call it a single is actually an insult to pretty much every other song on the album.

They've already confirmed it on twitter and the video shoot will take place in the next couple of days, so probably no.

It's one of the most well received songs on their tour, so obviously it's not that hated like some posters suggest on here. This song is hardly going to be a hit anyway, it's only meant to get the album selling again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nooneoo wrote: »
    They've already confirmed it on twitter and the video shoot will take place in the next couple of days, so probably no.

It's one of the most well received songs on their tour, so obviously it's not that hated like some posters suggest on here. This song is hardly going to be a hit anyway, it's only meant to get the album selling again.

As you said - the song wont be a hit!
    So how will it get the album selling? A bad song doesn't sell more albums!!

You also say - "It's one of the most well received songs on their tour" // Surely anyone who goes to a LM tour already has the album & wont be buying it again.

Anyone with ears & the ability to call a hit can clearly tell that "How Ya Doin?" is a weak song.
    Why it's getting a release really makes no sense!!?

:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member

You also say - "It's one of the most well received songs on their tour" // Surely anyone who goes to a LM tour already has the album & wont be buying it again.

Anyone with ears & the ability to call a hit can clearly tell that "How Ya Doin?" is a weak song.

Because it's different enough to all their previous singles, it shows versatility and versatility is one of the factors that help the album sell. I don't think it's particularly weak, it's certainly better than quite a few other songs on the album, imo. The chorus is sampled from a rather popular 90s tune so maybe older people would be interested in the song more if they recognise that tune (Ring Ring Ring).

Also there is a possibility that they will release a single mix, so people who already own the album could still buy the single mix if they are interested.
  • Options
    OrdinaryMorningOrdinaryMorning Posts: 2,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why are they not releasing Red Planet?

They're taking the P with the single choices off this album!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

tbh what might be a weak song to you, might be a strong(er) song to others.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is probably one of my least played from the album... I do like it but it's not single worthy at all.

Love Drunk should be released!!!
  • Options
    AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is a weak choice, it doesn't matter if the fans are happy with the choice, they presumably already have the song so won't buy it again, they need to release a more universal song that would get them noticed by the general public and not their fans, a song like Red Planet or Madhouse would have been better I think.
  • Options
    LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was anyone else expecting Joey Tribbiani to pick up the phone and say How You Doin' when listening to the song?
  • Options
    19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HYD is out In May, BGT Finals Performance?:
    The group teased that fans can expect a surprise from their next release, which is officially out in May.
    "It was tricky with 'Change Your Life' because a lot of fans already had it from the album," Jade Thirlwall told Digital Spy ahead of their acoustic session for Spotify.

"It's hard to push songs that have been available to buy for months already, whereas 'How Ya Doin'?" is a bit different."

It seems it will have a feature!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zone_Out wrote: »
    tbh what might be a weak song to you, might be a strong(er) song to others.

That might be true but lets see where the single charts shall we? I predict I will be proven right
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Red Planet. I finally bought their album last week after hearing that song. (I haven't listened to it yet though, so I have no opinion on the single:o)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree this probably won't do amazingly well. Maybe like CYL, if that.
    But I can see why they chose it now that they're planning a more r&b focused album.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some GIFS of the video that was shown on a small clip for young generation thing on youtube ..... if anyone is interested

http://25.media.tumblr.com/3e6f1affc1e9357c2d4f81038a3763fc/tumblr_mjz6uuFdbi1rv8ck7o1_500.gif

http://24.media.tumblr.com/4d8d40b31cdbf5b405bd0d3232c18b86/tumblr_mjz6m9EvgV1rv8ck7o1_500.gif

So there is going to be a feature on this so it will encourage fans to buy .......... still 50/50 on this one.

Edit: In the LM thread, we came to the conclusion that it could be Will Smith for the feature.........my money is on a female though
  • Options
    old mixerold mixer Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chem wrote: »
    Some GIFS of the video that was shown on a small clip for young generation thing on youtube ..... if anyone is interested

http://25.media.tumblr.com/3e6f1affc1e9357c2d4f81038a3763fc/tumblr_mjz6uuFdbi1rv8ck7o1_500.gif

In this clip it looks as if LA is saying 'stop' -- Of course that doesn't prove anything, but I have to say I'm still not convinced this video is HYD