• Options
    19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wednesday Update:

1 The Saturdays 65,100
    2 Justin Timberlake 31,255

http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=151483&st=100

Happy for them :) One of their best songs aswell!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is not even a good song and it's number 1. They deserve it only because of they are so desperate for one and they've worked very hard for it. I wish all fired up went to number 1.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the reason this is number one is because a) it's a great pop song, it's not generic dance, it's down the middle pop and b) people can relate to it. I've seen numerous status' on Facebook with lyrics from this song in - people like the message. Sean Paul has helped too I'd expect.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is mind blowing, yes it's their worst single to date but it seems they have finally struck a cord with people outside their relatively small fan base. Although I haven't been a fan of them for a two-ish years now, good luck to them.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    Am I on my own in actually liking it?!

No. I hated it at first but it's grown on me a lot. I was listening to it a fair bit recently.
    Lulz77 wrote: »
    Number one in the official chart midweek update

:D:D:cool:
  • Options
    Sweet7Sweet7 Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the reason this is number one is because a) it's a great pop song, it's not generic dance,

I don't agree with this. I'd say it's the most generic track they've ever done and it fits the generic dance "template" perfectly.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    Am loving this song at the moment! It's been knocking around for months but it only clicked with me last week. It's deffinitely one of they're catchiest songs, I don't get all the hate its gettin on here!
  • Options
    PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,444
    Forum Member
    Really didn't like this at first but it has grown on me so much and i do really like it now! I really hope they get the number 1!! It's definitely not their best song, but it's definitely not the worst!

Really wish AFU got to number 1 :(
  • Options
    AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So they're basically selling double what JT is? That is just incredible, what a difference from 2 years ago! I almost can't believe it! They really deserve it though, they always work so hard, it's about time it paid off.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I swear there management must be buying the single i dont know anyone that has brought it.I really liked higher and work though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    All Fired Up is such an epic song and deserved that no.1 spot.

But it has always been like this. Gaga, Rihanna...you get promotion and you will do very well. And E! is some very good promotion. They just need to appear on the X Factor now lol...or The Voice, but I have a feeling we won't be seeing that after this year.
  • Options
    FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    I swear there management must be buying the single i dont know anyone that has brought it.I really liked higher and work though.

Just because you don;'t know anyone, doesn't mean nobody is buying the singles...
  • Options
    ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    what about us has done good at connecting with fans outter their fanbase which is a first... the lyrics are relatable to most teengers/youg adults etc.

just because a few fans aren't fond of the song doesn't mean it wont perform well

you should be happy they are finally get their #1 tbf, the song isn't weak by any means..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just find it amazing how a girlband who by everyone's books are now washed up and facing the hard face of being dropped, are now 5 years down the line suddenly selling again.

I mean, it's probably just a one-off, but who would've guessed it? especially after Notorious and 30 Days, All Fired Up being the only exception but that's because it's just a classy dance number.

Also, what I find most interesting is well, they've only performed on Daybreak so far.. Usually its This Morning, Daybreak, Alan Titchmarsh, T4, Loose Women..
  • Options
    SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its about time they got a number 1, big thing for them, not that its a big thing initsself.
  • Options
    SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AdzPower wrote: »
    So they're basically selling double what JT is? That is just incredible, what a difference from 2 years ago! I almost can't believe it! They really deserve it though, they always work so hard, it's about time it paid off.

The sats always sell well, Only thing that helped them is Timberlakes song was out a few weeks ago, had it been released the same time its a diffrent matter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    james-dean wrote: »
    I just find it amazing how a girlband who by everyone's books are now washed up and facing the hard face of being dropped, are now 5 years down the line suddenly selling again.

I mean, it's probably just a one-off, but who would've guessed it? especially after Notorious and 30 Days, All Fired Up being the only exception but that's because it's just a classy dance number.

All Fired Up is brilliant. It's one of my favourite Saturdays singles. A while back I was thinking that they were going to be dropped but that's looking unlikely. I only hope their new album will do well when it comes out. If it's No 1 on Sunday I'll be delighted :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 246
    Forum Member
    I wonder how many of you slating the song have probably already bought both EP's?
  • Options
    matty_andersonmatty_anderson Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Enjoyed their performance on Loose Women. Better than the Daybreak one anyway..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    Any update on sales today?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 246
    Forum Member
    WendyB2711 wrote: »
    Any update on sales today?

Not yet but I'll guesstimate it's around 40k now at least.
  • Options
    LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They just performed on Loose Women, and it was embarrassing. What is up with that show's audio technology? There microphones were all at really low volume, making it very obvious which parts they were lipping (mainly the harmonies). And why wasn't Vanessa really singing? I thought she had the best voice?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I wonder how many of you slating the song have probably already bought both EP's?

Which two EPs?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not yet but I'll guesstimate it's around 40k now at least.

Huh? The girls had already sold 65k as of Tuesday.