Options

Hollyoaks General Discussion (Part 19)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    i think this week's hollyoaks has been awesome, if they don't win anything at the soap awards then its a fix , emmett j scanlan easy deserves the best actor award, cause there no one in the other soaps come near him in acting , he be a big loss to hollyoaks
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    bobsicle wrote: »
    Hahahah! Warren - king of the bad actors to ruin Brendan's final episode further. :eek::eek::eek:
    Hah, well, he wouldn't have to say anything.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 104
    Forum Member
    Is Amy back?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    merricat wrote: »
    How to take a perfect ending and then ruin it in 30 minutes. :rolleyes:

I was hoping all the way through it would be revealed that it was all in Ste's head, but then I realised, no, this was actually the ending they were going for.

I couldn't work out who they believed. It seemed like they flipped from Anna to Patrick, believing one of them 100% and then the other. No one seems to have considered the possibility that Anna is both mentally unwell and a victim of abuse.

And then they had the news of Anna trying to kill the twins delivered by Maxine as though it was juicy gossip - and who then promptly vanished. Surely that would have been better from Patrick himself. And apparently Maxine is over that whole being drugged and held captive episode, and is now perfectly willing to trust another guy who's moved himself into her flat. :rolleyes:

lol ..kevs gonna be back for his room soon
  • Options
    mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    I was desperate for him to die and was really hoping it was all in Ste's head. Death is an epic ending. Prison is not. People say they didn't want him killed off - so on the off chance he'll return? Meh.

And I hate that he's basically suffering a living death in prison now. I don't think it was the right ending at all. Hated it.

Well let's see if they make Jacqui's exit the hatrick of disappointing exits.
  • Options
    cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    What a terrible exit for Brendan. I'm so gutted I hardly even know what to say.

Yesterday - epic, immense, moving. Today? Absolute sh*te.

Oh well, Emmett was an amazing person for HO to get in the first place. Brendan was an amazing character. I'll remember him as having died on that balcony. He deserved the epic final moment that everyone would always remember. Sadly, didn't get it. They totally bottled it. I guess they're desperate for people to hang on, thinking Emmett might come back one day, but ... he really won't.

I wished it had all been in Ste's head. I wished Brendan would even break out at the last moment. I wished Cheryl would hand herself in and not exit being a selfish cow. But you can't always get what you want. Ugh.
  • Options
    Cherry-chocCherry-choc Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a terrible exit for Brendan. I'm so gutted I hardly even know what to say.

Yesterday - epic, immense, moving. Today? Absolute sh*te.

Oh well, Emmett was an amazing person for HO to get in the first place. Brendan was an amazing character. I'll remember him as having died on that balcony. He deserved the epic final moment that everyone would always remember. Sadly, didn't get it. They totally bottled it. I guess they're desperate for people to hang on, thinking Emmett might come back one day, but ... he really won't.

I wished it had all been in Ste's head. I wished Brendan would even break out at the last moment. I wished Cheryl would hand herself in and not exit being a selfish cow. But you can't always get what you want. Ugh.
    Well said.

BIB - even if Emmett was willing to return someday I wouldn't want him to, I wouldn't trust whoever the EP is to do the character justice. Would only tarnish a great character.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well said.

BIB - even if Emmett was willing to return someday I wouldn't want him to, I wouldn't trust whoever the EP is to do the character justice. Would only tarnish a great character.
    I think Emmett would only return if he thought the story was good.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ok, so the hopsital scene actually made me cry and i think that kieron was fantastic...but other than that, that was SHIT!

WHY HO, whyyyy??!!!
    omg they had literally the most perfect ending they could have ever given him yesterday. an epic character deserves an epic end, and yesterday was it! it was perfect. he should have died. now instead he's cartered off to prison to live a lonely life of misery, while cheryl drives off into the sunset with her briget jones scarf blowing in her convertable to live in her country estate with her millionaire fiancé....
    and what the hell happens with ste now? are we really supposed to believe that he doesn't go to see brendan in prison? are we supposed to believe that ste just gives up, accepts it and agrees not to see him again?? Bullshit!
    emmett's NOT going to come back. they ****ed it up big time!:mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    scamrasc wrote: »
    ok, so the hopsital scene actually made me cry and i think that kieron was fantastic...but other than that, that was SHIT!

WHY HO, whyyyy??!!!
    omg they had literally the most perfect ending they could have ever given him yesterday. an epic character deserves an epic end, and yesterday was it! it was perfect. he should have died. now instead he's cartered off to prison to live a lonely life of misery, while cheryl drives off into the sunset with her briget jones scarf blowing in her convertable to live in her country estate with her millionaire fiancé....
    and what the hell happens with ste now? are we really supposed to believe that he doesn't go to see brendan in prison? are we supposed to believe that ste just gives up, accepts it and agrees not to see him again?? Bullshit!
    emmett's NOT going to come back. they ****ed it up big time!:mad:
    Told you that himself, did he?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and as for the savages - putting my hatred for them aside for a quick minute - i don't understand the situation with anna. dodger and sienna are older than will and liberty, but she ran off with dodger and raised him with dirk, whom she then had the other two with.
    then she left dirk and co. all together.
    but patrick says that he pretended she died or whatever because he thought that that would have been easier for sienna than knowing her mother was in a mental institution, and it was also revealed that patrick was paying a lawyer to keep tabs on her.
    anna said to dodger and sienna that she managed to "get back to get dodger[/mark] to safety", but couldn't get sienna.

when was she in the mental hospital? was it the hospital she broke out of to steal dodger? and why did she leave the savages then?? the timeline's not making sense.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Told you that himself, did he?

he doesn't have to tell me personally. he's said a million times that he doesn't do going back - he only ever looks forward. once he's done a role, then it's done, and he moves on.
    plus i can't see things not working out for him. lesser actors have managed to get themselves very decent careers - emmett will be fine.
    the only thing i could see him agreeing to would be a brief cameo appearence maybe for a few one off eps, but he wouldn't return to the role of BB fulltime.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and as for the savages - putting my hatred for them aside for a quick minute - i don't understand the situation with anna. dodger and sienna are older than will and liberty, but she ran off with dodger and raised him with dirk, whom she then had the other two with.
    but patrick says that he pretended she died or whatever because he thought that that would have been easier for sienna than knowing her mother was in a mental institution, and it was also revealed that patrick was paying a lawyer to keep tabs on her.
    anna said to dodger and sienna that she managed to "get back to get dodger[/mark] to safety", but couldn't get sienna.

when was she in the mental hospital? was it the hospital she broke out of to steal dodger? and why did she leave the savages then?? the timeline's not making sense.

lol .so patrick let siennas twin be snatched to live with a stranger dad and nevr went back for him yet kept anna in an asylum and had tabs on her.. thats fishy ....
  • Options
    Jingle JangleJingle Jangle Posts: 2,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so disappointed. Hollyoaks had us, had us all last night with such a perfect, powerful, tragic ending. But they chickened out and pissed all over it. I can't believe Emmett was happy with this.

Brendan Brady is an iconic character. He deserved an iconic ending. An epic death on that balcony was so right and fitting for him. Rotting in prison is just shite.

Kieron was absolutely wonderful and heartbreaking, though, proving yet again what a great asset he is to Hollyoaks.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bobsicle wrote: »
    Hahahah! Warren - king of the bad actors to ruin Brendan's final episode further. :eek::eek::eek:

What?!!! Rubbish :mad: Warren was brilliant in Hollyoaks! One of the best characters of all time!
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,680
    Forum Member
    Brendan's going to prison for life - and nobody is ever going to visit him. Could there possibly be a sadder ending for the mighty Brendan Brady? :(

And I know it's what Brendan would have wanted, but Cheryl apparently having not a care in the world in that final scene was very jarring. Big misstep.

Brendan has confessed to five murders (including two he didn't commit). He's going to prison for a very, very long time. There's no way he could come back.
  • Options
    PlantPlant Posts: 11,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was weird how Cheryl just left. If someone close to you has just got sent to prison you don't just leave. You'd have months ahead of you supporting them through hearings and the trial. Does she not plan on ever visiting? Not even once?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 113
    Forum Member

The timeline they've given us for Anna is:
    - Marries Patrick, has Dodger and Sienna
    - Runs away with Dodger, but has to leave Sienna behind
    - Meets Dirk, and has Will and Liberty.
    - Leaves Dirk with the kids, and goes back to Patrick, telling him Dodger's dead.

When Dodger tracked down Patrick, he told him that after coming back Anna had stayed a while and then left again. I'm guessing this is when she put in the hospital. I think she left the Savages so she could go and get Sienna - presumably she meant to go back sooner, but having Will and then Liberty meant she couldn't.
  • Options
    unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the plus side, I'm saying it again, Saskia Wickham is an incredible actress, her facial expression during the scene in the van that was taking her back to the hospital with Patrick sent shivers down my spine, Anna is a brilliant character and I'm really looking forward to the rest of the story.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Plant wrote: »
    It was weird how Cheryl just left. If someone close to you has just got sent to prison you don't just leave. You'd have months ahead of you supporting them through hearings and the trial. Does she not plan on ever visiting? Not even once?

Agreed. Very disappointing. I don't think they quite handled it right, sadly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    merricat wrote: »
    The timeline they've given us for Anna is:
    - Marries Patrick, has Dodger and Sienna
    - Runs away with Dodger, but has to leave Sienna behind
    - Meets Dirk, and has Will and Liberty.
    - Leaves Dirk with the kids, and goes back to Patrick, telling him Dodger's dead.

When Dodger tracked down Patrick, he told him that after coming back Anna had stayed a while and then left again. I'm guessing this is when she put in the hospital. I think she left the Savages so she could go and get Sienna - presumably she meant to go back sooner, but having Will and then Liberty meant she couldn't.

but this would have been years later. liberty is only a teenager while dodger and sienna are in their mid 20s, so if she went back to the blakes then surely sienna would have known her in some capacity.
  • Options
    PlantPlant Posts: 11,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreed. Very disappointing. I don't think they quite handled it right, sadly.

It felt to me that they'd filmed Cheryl's ending before they'd decided what was going to happen with Brendan.

Even so, her acting in the scene where she turns away from Ste to Nate was really ill-judged. She just looked gleeful.
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,680
    Forum Member
    Plant wrote: »
    It felt to me that they'd filmed Cheryl's ending before they'd decided what was going to happen with Brendan.

Even so, her acting in the scene where she turns away from Ste to Nate was really ill-judged. She just looked gleeful.
    Yes, that was ill-judged.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't mind Brendan's exit, how depressing would be thinking that his dad led him to wanting to die, as much as yesterday's episode was epic it really left no hope for him while now, maybe because he was so close to die, he seems ready to pay for his crimes.
    I would have loved for him to go on the run, but if we were meant to see Brendan's evolution as a chraracter then this was a fitting ending.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think what everyone is forgetting is that Brendan was a terrible man. yes he was charismatic and fantastic but the crux of the story is that he is a mass murderer, he should be punished. i think the saving of it is that he did it for himself and for cheryl.
This discussion has been closed.