Options

The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 12)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 316
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Congrats, it should be really good, I might go too but I'll have to see...

I'm so excited! I have never seen her live, (well except 2012live but i was sick so i missed two of her songs :() i would prefer to have gone the all night long tour but I was super busy when she was doing it so i never got to go. :(
  • Options
    stargirl1stargirl1 Posts: 5,573
    Forum Member
    Stube wrote: »
    Special to her maybe? :p She did say it means a lot to her in the DS article.

Exactly. It is obviously something she is passionate about.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Is there anyway of buying it's over?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 391
    Forum Member
    What I want to know is why DS didn't use that picture of her in the white dress? She looks absolutely stunning in it!
    Was reading an exchange on twitter Adam Lambert was having with Popjustice and essentially popjustice was telling adam that pop is not about talent, as he would have been more successful than he is if it was. And that's the same thing for Alex.

I for one am pleased she's doing this RAH residency. Unlike less talented acts (that I like) that are enjoying success now like the Sats, etc, what alex does not have is support. Support from the media and certainly from powers that be in the industry. Doing things like this and filling the RAH shows that she's still a force and definitely shows her real talent, her voice. She could also be road testing a more mature sound, etc. There's many benefits in doing this and I'm glad she is...deffo.

P.s. the styling for the press photos were on point! bodes well for the new album.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will be very disappointed if thats the news - David made out fans would be excited and happy to hear it - I am the complete opposite. Cba with her
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Different wrote: »
    Is there anyway of buying it's over?

Only on iTunes. It's an iTunes bonus track, so either buy it or get it some other way...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will be very disappointed if thats the news - David made out fans would be excited and happy to hear it - I am the complete opposite. Cba with her

Hmm...I'm happy that she has landed a venue like RAH, but at the same time, I'm concerned, if she doesn't sell at least the large majority of the seats it will be embarrassing and a disaster...

It's risky because if the tickets don't sell well the media will definitely jump at the chance to write headlines about the seats being empty etc...but it's only a four day residency so it should be ok.

I guess we got our hopes up with this news....didn't she say back in January that she'd only recorded 15 songs or something...:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm...I'm happy that she has landed a venue like RAH, but at the same time, I'm concerned, if she doesn't sell at least the large majority of the seats it will be embarrassing and a disaster...

It's risky because if the tickets don't sell well the media will definitely jump at the chance to write headlines about the seats being empty etc...but it's only a four day residency so it should be ok.

I guess we got our hopes up with this news....didn't she say back in January that she'd only recorded 15 songs or something...:o

Thing is I only like her for her music - i dont support her to be an actress or theatre person whatever.. so if she's not making/releasing music then I don't care.
  • Options
    wige2002wige2002 Posts: 531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think she'll be ok selling it out its the Elgar room doing a quick google check (I might have gotten the wrong end of the stick) it says that its maximum capacity of standing is 350. I think she'll sell that out easily.
  • Options
    ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    alex just tweeted saying this was the announcement.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hahahahahaha what a joke! I was looking forward to this 'news' is she totally oblivious- "i did tell you beasties i had an announcement" sorry but about FIVE of your beasties are actually excited about it. The rest actually care about your music career.
  • Options
    CoventryBeeCoventryBee Posts: 171
    Forum Member
    Sick of being let down.
  • Options
    wige2002wige2002 Posts: 531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She needs to earn a few quid whilst shes recording plus its getting her some press which is always good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind her doing it as it's only a few days but PLEASE stop getting our hopes up about 'exciting news' when it's actually not exciting in the slightest.
  • Options
    StubeStube Posts: 16,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No offence but nothing suggested that it was going to be about the music. Some fans are just reading into things too much. For example an announcement coming after she's flown in from NY must mean something about her music. She would've hyped it up more if it was something that big.
  • Options
    FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    Well that's the very special announcement?

My god why are Alex and her brother acting so hyped up when it's a gig?
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

As someone else pointed out, she will be performing in the Elder Room which has a capacity of 350 people at maximum, so it should not be a struggle to fill.

http://www.ukslc.org/images/stories/casestories/whitelight/elgar_room_image_ukslc.jpg
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stube wrote: »
    No offence but nothing suggested that it was going to be about the music. Some fans are just reading into things too much. For example an announcement coming after she's flown in from NY must mean something about her music. She would've hyped it up more if it was something that big.

Well considering she's a singer who is recording an album that is what most would expect, is it not?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    To me this is good news! any ab news is good! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hahahahahaha what a joke! I was looking forward to this 'news' is she totally oblivious- "i did tell you beasties i had an announcement" sorry but about FIVE of your beasties are actually excited about it. The rest actually care about your music career.

I'm going to stay positive about this so I'm not going to say anything on it lol. Let's just hope more news is around the corner. For sanity's sake.
  • Options
    StubeStube Posts: 16,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well considering she's a singer who is recording an album that is what most would expect, is it not?

They shouldn't when the said singer has previously got many fans' hopes up numerous times before in between each album campaign. It's just common sense not to get your hopes up once you've been let down a billion times previously. Especially when all she said was "something special". She didn't freak out on twitter going "OMG" "JUST YOU BEASTIES WAIT!" "SO FRICKING EXCITED" etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member

erm.. i do care about her music career... Just because i'm excited to go to see her live doesn't mean i don't care.

Btw i found out i have spent £289 on alexandra songs today :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    erm.. i do care about her music career... Just because i'm excited to go to see her live doesn't mean i don't care.

Btw i found out i have spent £289 on alexandra songs today :)

What did you buy? :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What did you buy? :eek:

H bought heartbreak on hold like 10 times which i give my friends as an extra birthday present :) plus i bought the deluxe edition on itunes. I had all the singles physical and digital (bar the silence, let it go and elephant)

I had have a book and overcome normal version 3 times and deluxe one also i have them both digitally! also i have a phone case and a tour book that i bought off my friend which got to go! :) loon to the max haha
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    H bought heartbreak on hold like 10 times which i give my friends as an extra birthday present :) plus i bought the deluxe edition on itunes. I had all the singles physical and digital (bar the silence, let it go and elephant)

I had have a book and overcome normal version 3 times and deluxe one also i have them both digitally! also i have a phone case and a tour book that i bought off my friend which got to go! :) loon to the max haha

Wow you went HAM stan....:D:cool:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvdp84JHjx1r4ghkoo1_250.gif
This discussion has been closed.