Options

The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 49)

Comments

• Options
    SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that was Leona I was like... "Leona sis..." :o

She barely used her falsetto... maybe her voice is still a bit fragile. Preserving it, I don't know. Glassheart was eh, the backing singers were a bit too loud. I honestly don't think she needs them. Shame she didn't perform any songs she hasn't before :(

She used falsetto in Better in Time and Bleeding Love :o
  • Options
    LeonagwenLeonagwen Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some of you guys are unbelievable nitpicking and criticizing leonas performance.I guess some people can never be happy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    She used falsetto in Better in Time and Bleeding Love :o

I didn't say she didn't use it at all. :o
    It's just become really rare now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't say she didn't use it at all. :o
    It's just become really rare now.

So normally she sings every song in falsetto from beginning to the end? No she used it like she usually does.
  • Options
    fallendancerfallendancer Posts: 6,246
    Forum Member
    So normally she sings every song in falsetto from beginning to the end? No she used it like she usually does.

Actually I think I could handle one song like this on her next album :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually I think I could handle one song like this on her next album :p

I'd love to hear Leona singing the opera part that Beyonce did :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'd love to hear Leona singing the opera part that Beyonce did :eek:

Actually I think she could pull off one opera song on the tour, what do you think? it'd be a HUGE surprise for everybody. I can see the press already : "OPERONA destroyed Royal Hall last night!"
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    omg this hahaha, one of them was adlibbing and I was like: Who the hell is trying to steal Leona's spot??! :')

I know right! They ruined the performance at the end...they sang over Leona....she should have done a Mariah on them..."stop singing my part now baby" :o:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    I know right! They ruined the performance at the end...they sang over Leona....she should have done a Mariah on them..."stop singing my part now baby" :o:D

oh come on...Leona was happy she didn't have to do it herself. She even smiled at them and it wasn't that kind of go fu** yourself smile. :p;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually I think she could pull off one opera song on the tour, what do you think? it'd be a HUGE surprise for everybody. I can see the press already : "OPERONA destroyed Royal Hall last night!"

Yeah, I'd love to hear her sing opera <3
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hahaha I was impressed by them! Actually I think it was good because the song was building up with those adlibs. Leona should do it yes but she prefered "one more time" :rolleyes:

Lmao, they are better than those singers she had on Lovebird Loose Women and Daybreak. They were dreadful and just drowned Leona out. But these girls need to quit with the ad-libs...it's Leona's name on the website. :p
    I thought that was Leona I was like... "Leona sis..." :o

She barely used her falsetto... maybe her voice is still a bit fragile. Preserving it, I don't know. Glassheart was eh, the backing singers were a bit too loud. I honestly don't think she needs them. Shame she didn't perform any songs she hasn't before :(

She did use it, she just didn't do the D6 she does sometimes in BIT, she's got a tour coming up so it wouldn't be wise for her to go crazy with the vocals at this stage because she will be under a lot of strain later on with the tour...

It annoyed me that she said her favourite song from Echo was Broken, yet she's like never performed it. This better be on the tour. :sleep:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    She did use it, she just didn't do the D6 she does sometimes in BIT, she's got a tour coming up so it wouldn't be wise for her to go crazy with the vocals at this stage because she will be under a lot of strain later on with the tour...

It annoyed me that she said her favourite song from Echo was Broken, yet she's like never performed it. This better be on the tour. :sleep:

Yeah, I don't get why people freak out because she didn't hit a note like she usually does :o The arrangement/version didn't even need it now.
    She didn't even belt the
    "And it's draining all of me
    Oh, they find it hard to believe
    I'll be wearing these scars for everyone to see"

because it didn't fit.
  • Options
    bluejeansbluejeans Posts: 298
    Forum Member
    I've uploaded it on Youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZvFaDodz-w&feature=youtu.be

Mind that the quality will change in the middle of Come Alive

Thank you :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bluejeans wrote: »
    Thank you :)

Avec plaisir ;)
  • Options
    LeonagwenLeonagwen Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was interesting when she said her favorite spirit song was yesterday,favorite echo song was broken,and favorite glassheart songs were trouble,and I to you. I would really love to see her perform broken.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    I'm happy to see that her voice is back :D Beautiful
  • Options
    Luuk LewisLuuk Lewis Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone work out the chords for Come Alive for piano?
    Isnt it A-F all the time?
  • Options
    andy614andy614 Posts: 45,259
    Forum Member
    I hope the tour isnt going to be like last night because honestly i will consider not going.

I won't sit/stand there for 2 hours of acoustic and slowed down versions on songs. Ballads happen to be most of Leona's discog, which is fair enough, but if even the upbeat songs like GlassHeart and Come Alive are gonna be the acoustic versions quite honestly i'm not gonna enjoy that . You need some songs like that surely. Jeez!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andy614 wrote: »
    I hope the tour isnt going to be like last night because honestly i will consider not going.

I won't sit/stand there for 2 hours of acoustic and slowed down versions on songs. Ballads happen to be most of Leona's discog, which is fair enough, but if even the upbeat songs like GlassHeart and Come Alive are gonna be the acoustic versions quite honestly i'm not gonna enjoy that . You need some songs like that surely. Jeez!

I don't think they would do that to us. I'm going along just to see what routines that dancing lady from The Labyrinth tour has done this time so that will ruin my plans completely.:p

I'm hoping we get the same versions that we have on the album, with production. I want to hear Come Alive like she did it at G-A-Y. I want Colorblind just like her VEVO one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought you had to win VIP to meet her?
    The event will be open to the public on a first-come-first-served basis from 12.30pm so make sure you get down there early to see Leona!

Anyway, whoever is going should ask her about new single or something

----
    Steve Anderson
    @Craigizzle @leonalewismusic thank you - lots more surprises on the tour!
  • Options
    andy614andy614 Posts: 45,259
    Forum Member
    I don't think they would do that to us. I'm going along just to see what routines that dancing lady from The Labyrinth tour has done this time so that will ruin my plans completely.:p

I'm hoping we get the same versions that we have on the album, with production. I want to hear Come Alive like she did it at G-A-Y. I want Colorblind just like her VEVO one.

dancing lady?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andy614 wrote: »
    dancing lady?

There was a woman on the last tour who used to very enthusiastically 'perform' to each song. It was on youtube but unfortunately has been removed now I think. She went for it and just didn't care how she looked. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The very first performance of Bleeding Love :) Time flies so quickly.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJguaAEtMws
This discussion has been closed.