Options

The Big Reunion - ITV2 next Thursday

Comments

• Options
    MishcollMishcoll Posts: 12,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watching it now and am enjoying every minute but could do with less interruptions of the songs by bits of backstage - they should've made the programme longer - wonder if they will release a dvd of just the concert.
  • Options
    heikerheiker Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    Watched most of it. Thought that 911, Four :rolleyes: and B*witched stole the show. Honeyz, for any of their fans watching, looked pretty disappointing.
  • Options
    anna42hmranna42hmr Posts: 2,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mishcoll wrote: »
    Just watching it now and am enjoying every minute but could do with less interruptions of the songs by bits of backstage - they should've made the programme longer - wonder if they will release a dvd of just the concert.

Yeah they are, it is on amazon already and due out next week, its only £9 which is why full gig didn't get shown as less would buy the dvd

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00AB22P32
  • Options
    cfc86cfc86 Posts: 31,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching it again on ITV player and Liberty X were easily the worse on the night. Here's hoping by May they get more training especially Kelli who, in my opinion, went from strongest to weakest in the band.
    B*Witched will remain my favourites so I'm a little disappointed we didn't get Rollercoaster or see much of Blame It On The Weatherman. Honeyz, Five and Atomic Kitten were the best of the night while 911 I didn't enjoy as much as I thought I would and I'll pretend Blue weren't there. Might get the dvd but no point downloading the album as I have all the songs minus Five and Blue.

For series 2 I'd like S Club 7, Eternal, All Saints, Another Level and I'm not sure who else.

On another note I loved Liz and Natasha during C'est La Vie. Those two were my favourites during the behind the scenes easily.
    Also all this Lindsay love? Everyone behind me. She's been mine since the beginning of B*Witched :p
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was disappointed by the B*witched's vocal, well mainly Edele. Very weak. I thought it might be the dancing, but Blame It On The Weatherman was not great either.

Honeyz were good. Heavenli's hair though . . .

All the others were quite good but Blue were really unnecessary (and unlikeable). As someone said, Michelle was really milking that fall.
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michelle should be used to it, didn't she go flying across the floor during some apprentice event.

:D Now that was embarrassing.

She was in darkness on that stage barely anyone would have noticed if she hadn't milked it.
  • Options
    applepie2100applepie2100 Posts: 23,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that's my DVD ordered from Amazon ;)

Watching again on Sky+ at the moment and it's every bit as good if not better second time round :D

Tash and Liz were absolutely fantastic and hilarious to watch and Tash has grown into a fantastically confident and sexy woman! Everything that can be said about B*Witched and Lindsay has already been said but just to be clear, she's mine ;)

The 90's have been reborn!
  • Options
    anna42hmranna42hmr Posts: 2,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that's my DVD ordered from Amazon ;)

Watching again on Sky+ at the moment and it's every bit as good if not better second time round :D

Tash and Liz were absolutely fantastic and hilarious to watch and Tash has grown into a fantastically confident and sexy woman! Everything that can be said about B*Witched and Lindsay has already been said but just to be clear, she's mine ;)

The 90's have been reborn!
    I agree I've been watching it again and love it

I think as well itv would do well showing this on itv not itself than just itv2, for instance during the Saturday or Sunday slot where they usually have something like you've been framed, or even just before ant and dec sat night takeaway, as think it could be a hit on the main channel as well. They would have to bleep the language though!

This show has left me hoping for several things

1. A permanent five reunion with new music etc

2. A behind scenes show of the tour

I've got the DVD on order too, looking forward to it arriving next week! It surprised me though that while they promoted the tour after the show don't think they mentioned the DVD
  • Options
    applepie2100applepie2100 Posts: 23,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved the way that they all seemed to support each other. They all just seemed to become one big family and looked out for each other which was amazing. All dancing along to each others tunes and having a great time :)

It looks like most of them have learned how to enjoy it now and learned how to be around each other again. If nothing else this should a lesson to the likes of Lil Mix and One Direction about the pitfalls of early fame and being run ragged by record companies.

Whole again was such an appropriate way to finish and it really sums the whole thing up :)
  • Options
    TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    JamieHT wrote: »
    I was disappointed by the B*witched's vocal, well mainly Edele. Very weak. I thought it might be the dancing, but Blame It On The Weatherman was not great either.

Really? I thought they sounded great! I'd have liked to have heard Lindsay and Sinead sing a bit more, but what we got was brilliant. :) I probably should get the DVD now!
  • Options
    mimi123456mimi123456 Posts: 2,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jampots wrote: »
    Wasn't it Heavenlii who venemously slated former member Naima about the fact that she couldn't sing! Well, whilst we only heard them sing one song, Heavenli was by far the weakest singer on that stage. Conversely, Mariama has way more potential than her small solo bits let on.

Exactly what I was thinking. I wouldn't go as far as saying Heavenli can sing, plus Naima was much more easier on the eyes. I'm awful I know.

I was very surprised with Mariamma, I thought she was just there for her looks. Home girl can sing as well! Wow.

I'm still a fan of the Honeyz, but it would have been so much better if it was Naima, Mariamma and Celena (obviously it's not going to happen because apparently Naima was just a waste of space and was after Mariamma's boyfriend, whether that is true or not, we will never know!). I just get the impression that Heavenli is just going through the motions. Either she is desperate for the cash or is just plain bored.
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tejas wrote: »
    Really? I thought they sounded great! I'd have liked to have heard Lindsay and Sinead sing a bit more, but what we got was brilliant. :) I probably should get the DVD now!

Yes. At certain points i struggle to hear them. I assumed from back in the day that they'd be good live singers. Maybe that's karma from coming across as a control freak.
  • Options
    Madmissi12Madmissi12 Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    Keviness wrote: »
    Any news on how last nights episode rated?
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    Anyone know what the ratings are like?

With +1 it was over 1 million :)
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just caught up and loved it.

It was so happy to see that, after his well documented problems, Sean came alive on stage and sounded absolutely fantastic. Lets hope this has helped banish his demons and that he can move forward and leave the sad kid behind him.

For me, Abz has been the star of the show. I expected him to be a complete tw*t but, dodgy accent aside, he's been brilliant.

Top series and I wonder how many, if any, of the bands will gets deals for new material out of this?
  • Options
    KevinessKeviness Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Madmissi12 wrote: »
    With +1 it was over 1 million :)

Thanks! :D

I need the DVD right now, it's an absolute must!

Can't wait to see the full performances of Rollercoaster & Blame It On The Weatherman :D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just ordered the dvd myself. Can't wait :D
    On a separate note Eternal are currently on The Vault music channel. Can't help but love them.
  • Options
    vkmaxvkmax Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimi123456 wrote: »
    Exactly what I was thinking. I wouldn't go as far as saying Heavenli can sing, plus Naima was much more easier on the eyes. I'm awful I know.

I was very surprised with Mariamma, I thought she was just there for her looks. Home girl can sing as well! Wow.

I'm still a fan of the Honeyz, but it would have been so much better if it was Naima, Mariamma and Celena (obviously it's not going to happen because apparently Naima was just a waste of space and was after Mariamma's boyfriend, whether that is true or not, we will never know!). I just get the impression that Heavenli is just going through the motions. Either she is desperate for the cash or is just plain bored.

Heavenli very clearly did not bank on them going for a full reunion. She just isn't interested you can see it on twitter, in their interviews, in the fact that nearly all the promo has just been the other two.

I just hope she steps down before they release anything. Mariama was on form she looks amazing at nearly 36 you could slot her into any girlgroup and her vocals were spot on.
  • Options
    vkmaxvkmax Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else notice that Blue changed the melodies to half of their songs and basically just oversang everytihing. Especially Simon.
  • Options
    TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    vkmax wrote: »
    Heavenli very clearly did not bank on them going for a full reunion. She just isn't interested you can see it on twitter, in their interviews, in the fact that nearly all the promo has just been the other two.

I just hope she steps down before they release anything. Mariama was on form she looks amazing at nearly 36 you could slot her into any girlgroup and her vocals were spot on.

That's an interesting point. If the others want to keep going, I don't know how Celena will take it if Heavenli walks out again... I hope thinks work out for her and Mariama though, they're great singers and deserve another go at success.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,446
    Forum Member
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Just caught up and loved it.

It was so happy to see that, after his well documented problems, Sean came alive on stage and sounded absolutely fantastic. Lets hope this has helped banish his demons and that he can move forward and leave the sad kid behind him.

For me, Abz has been the star of the show. I expected him to be a complete tw*t but, dodgy accent aside, he's been brilliant.

Top series and I wonder how many, if any, of the bands will gets deals for new material out of this?

I agree with everything, but especially the bit about Abz :) He made the show for me, even with the dodgy accent (I loved when they were talking about getting a new member and he said something like "but I'll be confused. I'll look over mid-song and think this cat isn't J!". And when he poured Scott's tea away). He's a complete sweetheart.

This show has been a joy all the way through, and reignited my crush on Scott from 5ive.

(Speaking of 90s crushes, if they get A1 on series 2 I will buy tickets to every show with banners and all sorts. Some part of me is still sad that I didn't achieve 12 year old me's dream of marrying Ben Adams :o:o).

Interesting thoughts on who we want for series 2: would S Club really do it though?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vkmax wrote: »

That's a good point. It seems the main problem in Honeyz is Heavenli. I just hope for the other two she sticks around this time but after May I don't see it so Honeyz may not make the Christmas tour unless they ask the French woman back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    striing wrote: »
    Apparently the French woman can't sing. They might have mentioned it on the show. :p

Sing or not long as she speaks French I'm happy :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We absolutely loved it. Best night's telly in a long time.

Five were head and shoulders better imo. They should have headlined. They have some cracking songs unlike Blue. Fair play to Simon though, thought his voice was pretty strong.

We enjoyed 911 too. By far the best dancers.

Liberty X and the Honeyz were nothing to write home about.

If only Jay had come back :o
  • Options
    aerocoaeroco Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    The best and most consistent vocalists were Celena Honeyz, Natasha Kitten and the blond bloke from Liberty X.

The lead singer in bewitched and Jessica from Liberty X were bad, as was Michelle though think she only spoke her vocals. Surely she can sing, she made it to the top ten on Popstars?

Loved the programme though. Blue (Duncan takes himself too seriously, was always affected, even moreso now he is out) and Five have plenty of good songs, as do AK. The Honeyz do too, just not many of them.

I dug out AK's album Feels So Good - forgot how many decent songs they had aside from the covers, When You Come To Me and the epic Whole Again. Fair play to "me bi polar" - she sang competently. Good that they had the encore.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah it is obvious Heavenli's heart isn't in it, unlike Celena who wants it so badly.

Celena was a gorgeous woman back in her Honeyz heyday and I'd love to see her get really back in shape again...her stage outfit was very unflattering:(
    Mariama looked amazing. Wow at that body!
    Heavenli's hair was bleh.