Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 9)

Comments

• Options
    McCollMcColl Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    Breaking the rules here, but this has to be one of the BEST adverts I've seen. So simple, but so touching (especially if you love horses like I do):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPG7PcI67dE

Lovely! why can't all ads be so good to watch!
    Thanks.
  • Options
    eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 23,236
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That ad for "Peachy Loans", yet another loan shark company.
    As they advertise their loans which they say will "put a smile on your face", there is some "cool" guy walking on stage playing a solo on the electric guitar as if it is really "cool" to take out a loan.
    These parasitic sharks should be hunted off our tv screens imho. :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peachy Loans' APR is 1058%...how peachy and cool is that? !!!!
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,591
    Forum Member
    Breaking the rules here, but this has to be one of the BEST adverts I've seen. So simple, but so touching (especially if you love horses like I do):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPG7PcI67dE

:eek: ................ :cry: Lovely.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    £139 for a satchel? Bloody hell :eek:

How they can charge that is beyond me :mad:
  • Options
    PetiteshooPetiteshoo Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    Any ad with a voiceover by Caroline Quentin.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised Argos are still using the blue alien family in their ads, who do they appeal to? They completely miss the mark for me.
  • Options
    SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm surprised Argos are still using the blue alien family in their ads, who do they appeal to? They completely miss the mark for me.

Argos are doing very well so they must be hitting the mark with others.
  • Options
    Jennell_SierakoJennell_Sierako Posts: 407
    Forum Member

They hit the mark with my kids. My 5 year old wants a blue alien. I'd like to do something unpleasant with their heads though
  • Options
    Jennell_SierakoJennell_Sierako Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    They hit the mark with my kids. My 5 year old wants a blue alien. I'd like to do something unpleasant with their heads though

I mean the heads of the aliens not my numerous kids, although now my Triplets want blue aliens too----
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 273
    Forum Member
    Nothing beats Indian TV ads so loud and annoying at the same time
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Uranian troglodyte!
  • Options
    Stinky KevStinky Kev Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    The stupid oral B advert where we are supposed to believe the woman brushing her teeth is getting older just because her hair gets greyer!! The smile she has is creepy if she smiled like that near a school she'd get arrested
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Stinky Kev wrote: »
    The stupid oral B advert where we are supposed to believe the woman brushing her teeth is getting older just because her hair gets greyer!! The smile she has is creepy if she smiled like that near a school she'd get arrested

Nanny Pat from TOWIE is one example not to have good teeth when you are old :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Any Tesco ads!
  • Options
    roger_50roger_50 Posts: 6,937
    Forum Member
    Any ad which has those irritating indie-hipster acoustic guitar songs playing all the way through, with deliberately raspy/broken vocals. It's like: "We Are Trying Really Hard To Be Trendy!".
  • Options
    Rip the TV EyeRip the TV Eye Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The latest Santander advert with Jess trying to be funny, bless her.

Oddly, I'd find these adverts less annoying if she could buy into the corporate branding and wear a red top for once.
  • Options
    nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The KFC one where the guy buys a wrap instead if her birthday present, was he really only spending £1.50 on her?
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,478
    Forum Member
    roger_50 wrote: »
    Any ad which has those irritating indie-hipster acoustic guitar songs playing all the way through, with deliberately raspy/broken vocals. It's like: "We Are Trying Really Hard To Be Trendy!".

They need to be banned. Seriously enough is enough.
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sick to death of seeing David Tennant in the Virgin Media advert and I hate the way he says "clections"! :mad:
  • Options
    EastEnders-1105EastEnders-1105 Posts: 11,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sick to death of seeing David Tennant in the Virgin Media advert and I hate the way he says "clections"! :mad:

Love David Tennant hate that ad
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The KFC one where the guy buys a wrap instead if her birthday present, was he really only spending £1.50 on her?

£1.49p ;) Cheapskate! And he is the same bloke from the Ariel ad with his big date .... *Boom*:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member

I love those ads :o "Oh Richard" !! :D
  • Options
    TrishaSTrishaS Posts: 3,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    £1.49p ;) Cheapskate! And he is the same bloke from the Ariel ad with his big date .... *Boom*:rolleyes:

The lad in the crap shirt with barely one brain cell??
  • Options
    Tony RichardsTony Richards Posts: 5,748
    Forum Member

Agree - hate it... and how much is Branson being paid? I'm sure he doesn't own VM anymore!
This discussion has been closed.