Options

Scottish Fitba Thread (Part 21)

Comments

• Options
    Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ambassador wrote: »
    Am I just being pedantic to suggest that this is not a 55th title but a first?

No, 'pedantic' isn't the word. :D

Actually it's neither. I don't consider it a 55th title and nor does the club. It's not a national championship but a lower-league win.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,575
    Forum Member
    Mark. wrote: »
    Why should teams in the current Third Division (fourth tier) get a shot at promotion to the Championship (second tier)?

To give some point and incentive to 3rd division teams.

Are they just meant to play out a season for the hell of it with no purpose whatsoever ?
  • Options
    pedrokpedrok Posts: 16,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grps3 wrote: »
    as proven recently ....none

I think you'll find they were proven guilty.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bhoy07 wrote: »
    The rulebook for 12-12-18 is in place as it's been worked on for months.

Everything is ready, delaying for a year wont change anything apart for those currently in SFL1 losing out on tens of thousands of extra prize money.

It seems David Longmuir is now against the plan he helped put forward which has caused the lower league clubs to change their mind. Question is why? What has changed in the last 8 weeks?

Exactly, what has changed, have certain promises been made by an associate member?

Another club statement asking what has changed http://www.peterheadfc.com/news/605-club-statement-league-reconstruction
  • Options
    Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    indiana44 wrote: »
    To give some point and incentive to 3rd division teams.

Are they just meant to play out a season for the hell of it with no purpose whatsoever ?
    Have relegation, then, to whatever will sit below the 18.

But to have a mechanism of jumping straight from the fourth tier to the second is ludicrous.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Have relegation, then, to whatever will sit below the 18.

But to have a mechanism of jumping straight from the fourth tier to the second is ludicrous.

I disagee.

Certainly not saying any automatic promotion, but I would at least put the 3rd division champions into play-offs for a secind tier place. Or something like wolvesdavid set out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    bhoy07 wrote: »
    The rulebook for 12-12-18 is in place as it's been worked on for months.

Everything is ready, delaying for a year wont change anything apart for those currently in SFL1 losing out on tens of thousands of extra prize money.

It seems David Longmuir is now against the plan he helped put forward which has caused the lower league clubs to change their mind. Question is why? What has changed in the last 8 weeks?

Did they / have they since made clear how these two additional second tier places are to be filled ?
  • Options
    Linda_AndersonLinda_Anderson Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    I'm confused about the Rangers situation. Is Rangers essentially a new company or are they the same club they always were? What does newco mean?
  • Options
    Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
    Forum Member
    I'm confused about the Rangers situation. Is Rangers essentially a new company or are they the same club they always were? What does newco mean?
    Depends who you beleive, those who hate rangers (90% of this thread), will say rangers died, and this is a new club, as club = company, so they have no history and are a new club.

Others say that the company owning rangers disolved, but the clubs assets including history, stadium, players etc were purchased by another company, that is who own rangers today.

It will never be agreed upon, the best way to tell is to check with governing bodies as to wether it is the same club or not.

i think they all agree is is the same club, but who knows.

as far as i am concerned they are the same, most here disagree.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Gordie1 wrote: »
    Depends who you beleive, those who hate rangers (90% of this thread), will say rangers died, and this is a new club, as club = company, so they have no history and are a new club

Wouldn't want anyone to think that some folk have a persecution complex :)

It of course being quite impossible that many of those folk are not Rangers haters, but simply expressing their opinion.

And of course, anyway, you can hate Rangers and still give an unbiased opinion on a matter. Really :)

But, yes, it will never really be agreed upon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wouldn't want anyone to think that some folk have a persecution complex :)

It of course being quite impossible that many of those folk are not Rangers haters, but simply expressing their opinion.

But, yes, it will never really be agreed upon.
    Well, rangers are a club that they apparently have no interest in, yet every story is dredged up by them provided a negative spin can be applied to it, silly nick names given to rangers associated people, some on here openly admit that they have no real interest in scottish football, they only post here because they detest rangers, that says a lot to me.

But yes, this will run for decades IMO.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well, rangers are a club that they apparently have no interest in, yet every story is dredged up by them provided a negative spin can be applied to it, silly nick names given to rangers associated people, some on here openly admit that they have no real interest in scottish football, they only post here because they detest rangers, that says a lot to me.

But yes, this will run for decades IMO.

Just beware lumping everyone under the same flag.

Once you decide that every negative view re Rangers is because of Rangers hate and every negative Celtic view is because of Celtic hate, what's the point..

Of course there are many here with an agenda ( against both of the Old Firm ) but there also folk just expressing honest opinions.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just beware lumping everyone under the same flag.

Once you decide that every negative view re Rangers is because of Rangers hate and every negative Celtic view is because of Celtic hate, what's the point..

Of course there are many here with an agenda, but there also folk just expressing honest opinions.

Oh i dont believe everyone here has an agenda, some are, like you say simply giving opinion, however there are a very vocal few who use this forum as a outlet for their anti rangers spiel, they know rangers inside and out, and given the level of detail they can go into are up to date on a minute to minute basis of all rangers related facts, they are obsessed.

Theres also the few trolls that post things they find amusing for the sole purpose of causing annoyance to rangers fans.

I post now and again, to bring some balance to this one sided thread, i wouldnt want outsiders wandering in and thinking that because 90% of the thread is saying rangers are a different club with no titles that cheated their way to where they are, that they are.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...rangers are a different club with no titles that cheated their way to where they are, that they are.
    But they are. So why shouldn't people be led to think that?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    But they are. So why shouldn't people be led to think that?
    In your opinion.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In your opinion.:)
    No, it's fact.

Rangers were liquidated; The Rangers took up a place in SFL3.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    As i said, opinion is divided.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Depends who you beleive, those who hate rangers (90% of this thread), will say rangers died, and this is a new club, as club = company, so they have no history and are a new club.

Others say that the company owning rangers disolved, but the clubs assets including history, stadium, players etc were purchased by another company, that is who own rangers today.

It will never be agreed upon, the best way to tell is to check with governing bodies as to wether it is the same club or not.

i think they all agree is is the same club, but who knows.

as far as i am concerned they are the same, most here disagree.

That word 'hate' used again. The words 'hate' and 'bigotry' have been thrown about on here regularly, yet I have never seen any evidence of this 'hate' or 'bigotry'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

There was a club called Rangers, formed in 1872, but they no longer exists.

A new club were shoved into the third division at the start of this season, at the expense of other, older, clubs such as Spartans.

This new club won their first trophy at the weekend.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Of course every anti St Mirren view is because of St Mirren hate, often from these Morton ****** :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As i said, opinion is divided.:)
    It's a bit silly for opinion to be divided over a fact.

Or rather, it's a bit silly for people to ignore the facts and claim that opinion is divided.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    pedrok wrote: »
    There was a club called Rangers, formed in 1872, but they no longer exists.

A new club were shoved into the third division at the start of this season, at the expense of other, older, clubs such as Spartans.

This new club won their first trophy at the weekend.

That's where agenda comes in :(

Whatever one thinks of Rangers status after the liquidation, most right thinking folk would think it only sensible that in their new guise they should still be part of the main Scottish football setup, even if that meant starting in the fourth tier.

It is quite ludicrous to suggest that such a club with such a fan base should be left outwith the league setup in favour of say Spartans.
  • Options
    misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's where agenda comes in :(

Whatever one thinks of Rangers status after the liquidation, most right thinking folk would think it only sensible that in their new guise they should still be part of the main Scottish football setup, even if that meant starting in the fourth tier.

It is quite ludicrous to suggest that such a club with such a fan base should be left outwith the league setup in favour of say Spartans.

Why? If Bill gates with all his billions started a new club with a new stadium should they get automatic entry to the football league or should they have to go through the same process as anyone else?
  • Options
    Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rangers are the same club, run by a new company (or "newco").

Moreover, they are widely regarded as the same club and so those trying to deny it are ultimately wasting their time.
  • Options
    CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    Of course every anti St Mirren view is because of St Mirren hate, often from these Morton ****** :)

:D stand up if you hate st m*****:D
This discussion has been closed.