Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 9)

Comments

• Options
    RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sheila's Wheels!

Why oh why did they bring back this annoying advert?!:mad:
  • Options
    Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't checked if its been mentioned, it probably has.
    The HSBC advert with the globe trotting girl buying lemons.
  • Options
    Terry WigonTerry Wigon Posts: 6,831
    Forum Member
    That Sainsbury's 'Mr Rabbit', 'Mr Rabbit' ad where the little girl is taking care of the chocolate rabbit and playing with it, only then to be seen chewing its ears off!

Reminds me that when I was a child I could never eat anything resembling an animal. I had to give the chocolate figures away. Sad, I know. :)
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,697
    Forum Member
    The KFC one where the guy buys a wrap instead if her birthday, was he really only spending £1.50 on her?

As bad as the ads where the husband/boyfriend walks in when his g/f is giving birth "Hi I just picked some greasy crap burger for 99p" :mad: Yeah thats the last thing I need when I am in unberable pain and exhausted you t**t :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    Breaking the rules here, but this has to be one of the BEST adverts I've seen. So simple, but so touching (especially if you love horses like I do):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPG7PcI67dE

As others have said in response, that is absolutely brilliant!

It is simply done, but so well put together. Love it when the horse looks back!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    I love those ads :o "Oh Richard" !! :D

Even if it were possible for me to have virgin media here (no cable network) it would annoy me to distraction spending all evening paying them so I can look at the listings all evening each day trying to find three programmes on at once to record so I could watch another at the same time that I really want to watch in the first place....:mad:
  • Options
    SaturnVSaturnV Posts: 11,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The one with the camera attached to the specs and with annoying music, makes me change channel
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They hit the mark with my kids. My 5 year old wants a blue alien. I'd like to do something unpleasant with their heads though

Ah that makes sense, I was wondering who the target audience was. If it's kids I get it.
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That Sainsbury's 'Mr Rabbit', 'Mr Rabbit' ad where the little girl is taking care of the chocolate rabbit and playing with it, only then to be seen chewing its ears off!

When I saw the advert, I too thought that was...I don't know what the word is!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    Ok I have to say this, what on earth is the Calgon advert doing on the TV? It is the worst dubbed advert i think i have ever seen!!!
  • Options
    Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,194
    Forum Member
    The Santander one and also the Persil advert!
  • Options
    IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member
    Iphigenia wrote: »
    :o I've just got back from Waitrose with my leg of lamb and my tin of anchovies....:o Guess I'll let y'all know how it works!

I'm not a huge fan of Heston's tv shows - pubs made of pies, deep fried locusts etc - but that lamb was fanbloddytastic. Worth the anchovies!
  • Options
    solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BT have a new shitvert with the students.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    solarflare wrote: »

The one were the girl and lad are looking up a band name for the uncool other one, while he's fixing up a date on a chat room.
    They manage to get shitter.
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Since they started in, I believe, 2010 - and with most university courses lasting three years - it won't be long before they're off our screens.

Well, we can but hope.
  • Options
    solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EStaffs90 wrote: »
    Since they started in, I believe, 2010 - and with most university courses lasting three years - it won't be long before they're off our screens.

Well, we can but hope.

Maybe they'll get turfed out for using their superfast broadband to download their entire dissertation.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a worst advert, but I've just seen the Kitkat roller skating pandas on CH4. Not seen it for ages.
  • Options
    LenitiveLenitive Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    samwalk wrote: »
    Robert Lindsey and Ruth Jones going on about the high production values and wonderful content on Sky and how many of their friends are talking about how wonderful it is.

Oh God, "high production values" and Robert Lindsay's "actor friend" -- the definition of luvvie nonsense. I was aghast after seeing it for the first time last night. Do Sky really think they can appeal to new subscribers with that?
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The newest Go Compare advert with the dog. WTF?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a worst advert, but I've just seen the Kitkat roller skating pandas on CH4. Not seen it for ages.

Having said that I've got CH4 on and its on every flaming ad break at the moment.
  • Options
    zsb37105qtyzzsb37105qtyz Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The newest Go Compare advert with the dog. WTF?

It's an improvement

I didn't mind him at first and I liked his singing
    But then he got creepy sneaking up on people
    And now there is a dog :confused::confused:

The advert seems like they made it in 2 seconds and the way he speaks at the end "ruff deal" sounds like he cannot be bothered

Also, the Peachy loan adverts are really bad and I hate them

However, the Secret Escapes advert are hilarious, i was speaking to my new handbag, Good bag!:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 85
    Forum Member

how many times do they say actualy in it ?:)
  • Options
    McCollMcColl Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    Lenitive wrote: »
    Oh God, "high production values" and Robert Lindsay's "actor friend" -- the definition of luvvie nonsense. I was aghast after seeing it for the first time last night. Do Sky really think they can appeal to new subscribers with that?

I absolutely hate that ad ....the way she looks and talks is not at all natural. I press mute or look away when it's on!

Come to think about it, most ads for Sky are either rubbishy or annoying ...or both!
  • Options
    Stinky KevStinky Kev Posts: 39
    Forum Member

Stab me in my eyes!!! The bird in them adverts is fit as but I'd love to take a shit on her then run away just to see her right off!!
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    When I was a student it was a major desicion to buy tickets for an event. I had to check what was happening the next week, even the next month before I could commit to buying tickets.

Looks like now you can bankrupt yourself in seconds using a tablet.

Saying that though those students do seem to be living a life of luxury.
This discussion has been closed.