Forum Member
    No, next question
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caltonfan wrote: »
    No, next question

I think you are underestimating the greatness of Bale. I think he's easily good enough to be classed alongside Gascoigne, Keane and Rooney. Obviously Best was the greatest, but in my opinion, Bale is now at a stage where he has a legitimate claim for second place.

Whether you like him or not, let's all just sit back and enjoy the Bale-experience. He's unBALEievable!
  • Options
    Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No......
  • Options
    CGG_12CGG_12 Posts: 7,483
    Forum Member
    No.
    Freeman000 wrote: »
    I think you are underestimating the greatness of Bale. I think he's easily good enough to be classed alongside Gascoigne, Keane and Rooney. Obviously Best was the greatest, but in my opinion, Bale is now at a stage where he has a legitimate claim for second place.

Whether you like him or not, let's all just sit back and enjoy the Bale-experience. He's unBALEievable!

Keane wasn't British
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No......

But just think of all the times he's BALED out Spurs this season. Spurs fans are having a bale of a time with him in the team
    CGG_12 wrote: »

Keane wasn't British

I don't recognise Ireland's claim to independence.
  • Options
    TribecTribec Posts: 9,332
    Forum Member
    So what your saying is a player who has had 1 possibly 2 good seasons should be classed amongst the all time greats?? At that rate Micheal Owen has to be light years ahead of Pele, Messi, Maradonna, Cruyff.

Bale's good, I'm not quite convinced he's the total package, but he needs to do it over more time. I'm more shocked that in your list of players you didn't mention Giggs, Scholes or Hoddle.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tribec wrote: »
    So what your saying is a player who has had 1 possibly 2 good seasons should be classed amongst the all time greats?? At that rate Micheal Owen has to be light years ahead of Pele, Messi, Maradonna, Cruyff.

Bale's good, I'm not quite convinced he's the total package, but he needs to do it over more time. I'm more shocked that in your list of players you didn't mention Giggs, Scholes or Hoddle.

Gerrard, Lampard aswell!
  • Options
    O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    Zinedine Zidane rates him around the same as I do, very good, amongst the best in Europe this season. I don't think he should be compared to the truly best players in the world yet though, nor to British players of past and current generations. There's no denying, though he probably still has detractors, he's a very good player though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gerrard, Lampard aswell!

Gerrard? You've got to be having a laugh. He's a no mark and a big fish in a small pond. He hasn't even won a league title.
  • Options
    Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gerrard? You've got to be having a laugh. He's a no mark and a big fish in a small pond. He hasn't even won a league title.

Neither has Bale
  • Options
    Forum Member

That's right Bale has won loads :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neither has Bale
    That's right Bale has won loads :rolleyes:

He's only 23.
  • Options
    O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't swap a 23 year old Steven Gerrard for Bale for my national team, nor Lampard. If someone like Real Madrid want Bale he will cost more than either of those players could ever have demanded, no disrespect to them, they have been very good also.
  • Options
    FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    Neither has Bale

But Gerrard IS nearly 10 years older than Bale, so he's had longer to try and win it! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So bale is better than gaza ever was op?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Flukie wrote: »
    But Gerrard IS nearly 10 years older than Bale, so he's had longer to try and win it! :)

It's no reflection on Gerrard as a player he hasn't won the league. In an era with "The Invincibles", Mourinho's Chelsea teams and all those United sides, Liverpool were always up against it.

Mind you in 2009, he played a massive role in a season they could well have won it.

Same with Bale in fairness, if theoretically he stayed with Spurs for his career and never won a league it wouldn't take from him as a player

I was only saying Gerrard for the hell of it really comparing him to Bale is pointless tbh, two completely different types of players who played different roles. Bale has only done it over a couple of seasons too

He could be rubbish next season for all we know
  • Options
    Forum Member
    FWIW currently, I still think I'd rather Rooney in my side
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jsp263004 wrote: »
    So bale is better than gaza ever was op?

Yes. In my view, post Best's era it's

1. Bale
    2. Scholes
    3. Gascoigne
    4. Giggs
    5. Hughes
    6. Rooney
    7. Shearer
    8. Law
    9. Adams
    10. Linekar
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes. In my view, post Best's era it's

1. Bale
    2. Scholes
    3. Gascoigne
    4. Giggs
    5. Hughes
    6. Rooney
    7. Shearer
    8. Law
    9. Adams
    10. Linekar

Hughes and Rooney ahead of Shearer? :eek:
  • Options
    skimminstonesskimminstones Posts: 8,403
    Forum Member
    le tissier was better
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,442
    Forum Member
    Nah, he's better than George Best

He's even better than Pele, Zidane and Maradona combined

In fact, his new name should be Garath Pelzidona.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No Beckham huh? Or Kenny, or Keegan?
  • Options
    NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The only laughing going on here is at you coming out with a comment like that.

I would have loved Gerrard in his prime at United.:p
  • Options
    skimminstonesskimminstones Posts: 8,403
    Forum Member
    john barnes also, at least at club level
  • Options
    Ghost MisguidedGhost Misguided Posts: 1,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    heskey?