Options

Not Going Out (Returns 5th April)

clarky323clarky323 Posts: 10,914
Forum Member
✭✭
Should be interesting to see how it goes without Tim Vine! I imagine it will be all about Lucy and Lee now, don't think they can go on for too long like this, could be the last series! :(

http://www.comedy.co.uk/guide/tv/not_going_out/episodes/6/1/

Comments

• Options
    big macbig mac Posts: 4,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clarky323 wrote: »
    Should be interesting to see how it goes without Tim Vine! I imagine it will be all about Lucy and Lee now, don't think they can go on for too long like this, could be the last series! :(

http://www.comedy.co.uk/guide/tv/not_going_out/episodes/6/1/

The dialogue between Lee and Tim is what makes the show IMO, so I can't see it being the same without Tim Vine there. Prepared to give it a chance, though.
  • Options
    Chippy ChipsChippy Chips Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know what's happened to Tim Vine? I can't remember what happened at the end of the last series. Did he get written out of it in some way?

And will this mean no Daisy as well? :(
  • Options
    northgirlnorthgirl Posts: 1,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know what's happened to Tim Vine? I can't remember what happened at the end of the last series. Did he get written out of it in some way?

And will this mean no Daisy as well? :(

Daisy will be in the new series but not sure how they are going to play it.
  • Options
    tinmantinman Posts: 3,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't think i'll bother now Tim's not in it.
  • Options
    richparrrichparr Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    Went to watch the recording of one of the episodes back in November.

Daisy is still there and Lee's dad, played by Bobby Ball, is in a few episodes.
  • Options
    jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    I'm excited. But at the same time i don't think it can be as good as the first few seasons without Tim Vine. And the fact that the poster above as confirmed Lee's dad is making a comeback means i'll probably end up skipping those episodes. I really don't like his character and storylines.
  • Options
    clarky323clarky323 Posts: 10,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jabbamk1 wrote: »
    I'm excited. But at the same time i don't think it can be as good as the first few seasons without Tim Vine. And the fact that the poster above as confirmed Lee's dad is making a comeback means i'll probably end up skipping those episodes. I really don't like his character and storylines.

I feel this way too, gets a bit annoying.

I will watch every episode but think it will be the last series, don't want them to keep making them if its gonna get slated like past sitcoms like Two Pints, My Family and even OFAH with those last 3 episodes.
  • Options
    StaffsyeomanStaffsyeoman Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Without the Tim-Lee dynamic it has lost its reason, frankly. I will try it, but it's going to be a hard sell. More Bobby Ball? Sorry, less is more.
  • Options
    Dolphin DriverDolphin Driver Posts: 659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good that it's coming back soon, but agree I don't know how it's going to work without Tim.
    And not the greatest fan of the Lee's dad character either.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's great that it's back but without Tim Vine I think the mix will be off. We might not know it until he's gone, but I think his character's very important to balancing the show. As for Bobby Ball, there's not an emoticon in the world that could express my complete lack of excitement for more of his character.
  • Options
    Chippy ChipsChippy Chips Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not more Bobby Ball.. *shakes head*

Has it been confirmed anywhere that he'll be playing a bigger role in this series? His character is awful.
  • Options
    Psycho_KittyPsycho_Kitty Posts: 1,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame Tim's not in it. :cry:
  • Options
    PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't understand why Tim has left.
  • Options
    Cherry-chocCherry-choc Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People have already said it, the Tim-Lee friendship was the bedrock of the show. Without that it'll be a pale shadow of what it was.

Why have they gone for an 8 episode run? Last series got around 5m over the run...I can see the first ep getting 4m then dipping under 3m quickly if Bobby Ball is too prominent. It may not last long in that slot (9:30 Friday).
  • Options
    quirkyquirkquirkyquirk Posts: 7,160
    Forum Member
    tinman wrote: »
    Don't think i'll bother now Tim's not in it.
    Shame Tim's not in it. :cry:

Agreed.He was the only reason I watched it.His delivery was far better than Lee Mack's IMO.
  • Options
    tiger2000tiger2000 Posts: 8,546
    Forum Member
    I can't understand why Tim has left.
    Apparently to 'pursue other projects'.

BBC Article on the new series...
    Interview with Lee Mack...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    I can't wait. It's a shame Tim has left though :(
  • Options
    iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why have they gone for an 8 episode run? Last series got around 5m over the run...I can see the first ep getting 4m then dipping under 3m quickly if Bobby Ball is too prominent. It may not last long in that slot (9:30 Friday).

Presumably to sit alongside Have I Got News For You. This usually runs for an 8 or 10 part series. Presumably the new series will run for 8 episodes then HIGNFY and NGO can run together without either finishing before the other and leaving a clumsy two week gap for the BBC to fill.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 414
    Forum Member
    Going to be interesting to watch without Tim in the new series. The banter between lee and Tim was brilliant :-)

Would love to see Barbra back as the cleaner :-)
  • Options
    shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    Saw the trail for this tonight and noticed there was no Tim in any of the clips.
    It's going to be weird without him - hope its still as good.
  • Options
    zooooooooooooozooooooooooooo Posts: 2,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to it.
  • Options
    jrmswfcjrmswfc Posts: 5,644
    Forum Member
    It hasn't been the same since the first couple of series imo, although each episode since has still had it's moments. I'm not holding out much hope for this series being a classic without Tim, but will be happy to be proved wrong.

I wonder if they'll bring in a new "Lee's mate" character to compensate for Vine's absence, he needs to have manly chats with someone (not his dad!).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm still looking forward to it but a massive loss to the show.

According to the I've read on Google a new 'mate' will not be added this series as that is to 'much change' which is probably for the best, Tim can't be replaced.

The clips I've seen have been funny so I'm still going to watch and I'm thrilled Daisy hasn't been written out as well because she is now 'needed' because a whole series based on JUST Lucy and Lee will be a bit meh.... Her character should branch out a bit more.

But yeah, the first episode will probably rate as high as the other series because it's an established show and I doubt many of them would have even realized he had quit until they watched the actual episode. After that i expect rating figures similar to Hotel Babylon where viewersswitched of in large numbers as it's best characters randomly left during seasons 3 and 4.
  • Options
    HMOHMO Posts: 42,276
    Forum Member
    Never really watched a full episode before apart from the Children in Need special with Terry Wogan :D

Should be interesting.
  • Options
    COTTONHEATCOTTONHEAT Posts: 12,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone Else watching it so Tim is in Germany on a work Placement