Options

Neighbours: The One Soap No-One Should Be Missing... (P2)

Comments

• Options
    Dr. ClawDr. Claw Posts: 7,375
    Forum Member
    today's episode pretty sure it looked like they filmed on the outside wentworth dentention centre set!
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    benbenalen wrote: »
    Sorry but even though I love the new titles, I think the actual show is more important!
    The old one was more cluttered, I mean, Paul and Andrew playing chess, Swimming, Cricket, BBQ, Water fight, and Sonya's nursery,

This ones more simple and clean!
    and brings more originality, i,e jumping in the pool, which was done in the 90s

I agree that the show is more important to long term viewers. Newer viewers will get nothing from the - the song is off-putting and no names to identify the characters.

In the previous titles, each character had one shot. In this one they have multiple ones - Kate for example, because they seemed to be determined to fit in a pool and cricket scene, so it is a bit messy. All because of some misguided attempt at nostalgia.

The new titles (music in particular) will put old viewers from returning. They've split the current viewership. As someone else has said they are moving backwards and not forwards. Are the writers incapable of inventing new names?? I would've been much happier if they'd not recast old characters and just introduced new characters. Lou's barely there anyway so what does it matter if he's got a new family to act beside. The Willises? No.
  • Options
    Jaggy2409Jaggy2409 Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    Just watched todays episode on 5 on demand and the old titles had the new theme over the top, did it air like this on Channel 5 today?, I also hope its a one off as I will miss the current theme for the new, but I think I will adjust like I did with the last.
  • Options
    wilpeepwilpeep Posts: 256
    Forum Member
    The new credits are nice, but god damn, that cover version of the song is an awful mess. The duet was a BAD idea, they just should have chosen the man as the winner, as he is clearly the better singer.
  • Options
    dronkuladronkula Posts: 2,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok - so how much then do you get paid as an apprentice garage mechanic and part time waiter in Australia these days?

Mason and Robbo stole $10,000, then lost it. Mason says he'll get Robbo his share of it (presumably 50/50) in a few weeks and he's got 2 jobs to pay for it. $5,000 in a few weeks? I really need to book that appointment with the immigration service!
  • Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Harolds gets a make over by it's new manager:
    https://twitter.com/neighbours/status/324021617577558017/photo/1
  • Options
    DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,745
    Forum Member
    Loved having Angie back. She's such a hoot! Shame she can't recur throughout the year, like Lou does.
    Citadel wrote: »
    I just feel this is only going to appeal to the show's core audience, and is not going to appeal to a wider audience. A truly successful thing has to appeal to both core audience and potential new audience. Anything that doesn't do this is probably doomed.
    IA with this, Cit. The reason I like the new titles (not the theme tune) is b/c it reminds me of the opening credits of the late 90s, but that's not going to mean jack to new/casual viewers. I think they could have incorporated the pool and designed the titles with a more modern style. Incorporating cricket isn't relevant to the show, as they very rarely play street cricket these days, yet the credits are saying something different.

I get they wanted a community/family feel to them, but the show has moved on from that, just like RL has; these new credits feel like a parody of successful credits of yester-year. I mean, Paul waltzing down with food to a street party, like he's high on happy pills, when he wouldn't be seen dead at one of those functions, is like stepping into an alternative universe.

I think it's tough striking a balance of being modern, moving forward, and capturing the essence of what made the show successful in the past, without going backwards. I don't feel the writing has regressed, like it has on HO, so that's a good thing, IMO.
  • Options
    Jaggy2409Jaggy2409 Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    I expected that was a refresh of the Harolds set, as one of the clips for the winner of the theme showed the titles and then camera moved to show the corner of the shop.

http://youtu.be/Grsitdal6f8

According to this tweet

https://twitter.com/neighbourstv/status/324243063264407552

There will be not only the merge of todays and tomorrow episode at 10pm tonight but some other tweaks, so its the second UK special episode since the Royal Wedding insert, I do not think Aus got to see that episode as we saw it, i think the UK episode was slightly longer for that so this may make it longer to fit the hour better.
  • Options
    Scarlett FeverScarlett Fever Posts: 718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i personally dont listen to the credits as i record it.... so i dont really care what they sound /look like

i was wondering about the money side too....
  • Options
    lobeydosserlobeydosser Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jaggy2409 wrote: »
    I expected that was a refresh of the Harolds set, as one of the clips for the winner of the theme showed the titles and then camera moved to show the corner of the shop.

http://youtu.be/Grsitdal6f8

According to this tweet

https://twitter.com/neighbourstv/status/324243063264407552

There will be not only the merge of todays and tomorrow episode at 10pm tonight but some other tweaks, so its the second UK special episode since the Royal Wedding insert, I do not think Aus got to see that episode as we saw it, i think the UK episode was slightly longer for that so this may make it longer to fit the hour better.

HAve seen today's ep - ruined by Sonia's OTT 'tears' while making her vows. did she have to?
  • Options
    kvnkvn Posts: 8,782
    Forum Member
    What an episode! Rhys dying was so sad, poor Elaine :(

Was there any reason why Tash was in such a bad mood?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kvn wrote: »
    Was there any reason why Tash was in such a bad mood?

I guessed stress/shock from what just happened plus Andrew looked like he was being completely useless for a change (as per usual)

Great great episode!! Rhys would have been a shock had I not accidentally read an unspoilered spoiler the other week. Callum was brilliant, I was surprised to hear the backing tracks of songs I actually know!!

No amber, Mason isn't acting weird he's just an awful actor. Speaking of which I'm surprised scotty didn't go up in flames when the marquee exploded he's so wooden :D
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    If Mason's Dad can't suss out that his son is up to no good, he should turn in his badge.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    smfan123 wrote: »
    I guessed stress/shock from what just happened plus Andrew looked like he was being completely useless for a change (as per usual)

Great great episode!! Rhys would have been a shock had I not accidentally read an unspoilered spoiler the other week. Callum was brilliant, I was surprised to hear the backing tracks of songs I actually know!!

No amber, Mason isn't acting weird he's just an awful actor. Speaking of which I'm surprised scotty didn't go up in flames when the marquee exploded he's so wooden :D

:D

When they played Firework my face was something like > :eek:! The only bad thing about seeing tomorrow's episode today is having to wait 2 days for the next one
  • Options
    DC1983DC1983 Posts: 601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did anyone notice that Priya and Sonya looked completely perfect whilst in their hospital beds! I would have expected a little bruising and some cuts after what happened to them.
    Other than that, it was a great episode and nice that they played normal music through it (well until they started playing that awful Adele song at the end) At some points, it didn't feel like a typical Neighbours episode!
  • Options
    KevinessKeviness Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really enjoyed tonight's episode!

I wouldn't mind if it stayed in the 10pm timeslot, perfect TV to wind down with :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    Can't believe Rhys died, he was one of my favourites.
    I don't understand why they put teasers every time they went to a break, it really ruined the flow of the episode.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    If Mason's Dad can't suss out that his son is up to no good, he should turn in his badge.

He's no sgt. Steiger is he
    :D

When they played Firework my face was something like > :eek:! The only bad thing about seeing tomorrow's episode today is having to wait 2 days for the next one

I agree about having to wait. I've just realised what am 'interesting' choice of song using firework :D
  • Options
    DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,745
    Forum Member
    It was an awesome episode.

I've just posted my comments in another thread, so I won't completely recap them again.

The sharp editing made it feel quite unlike Neighbours, which is a good thing. It was fast paced, probably a bit too rushed (lots to cram in, and probably could have been dragged out over another episode - especially the robbery).

Loved how the tragedy cut through the joy of the occasion.

So sad when Rhys dropped down dead, and Chris Milligan played Kyle with the right level of emotion and believability in that scene. :(

Poor Priya. Rani did a good job in those scenes by her bedside. She's going to live to regret hating on Priya now she's fighting for her life.

I wish Lou had been at the wedding. They really don't use him well enough at all. Now he has a family, he only seems to spend time with them. No scenes with Sarah, no scenes with Angie, no scenes with K&S since their reunion, no show at Toadie's wedding.

Also, several characters vanished from the wedding just before or after the explosion - Angie, Scotty, Lucas, Vanessa... Vanessa was catching the bouquet when the marquee exploded, yet was nowhere to be seen afterwards... and they really should have had Angie in that scene with Callum & Nell at #30.

IA about Tash - she looked liked she was in shock after the whole explosion. That's why she was chucking those sandwiches on the plates and appeared to be "angry".
  • Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here's the extended closing theme that Australia will hear on friday:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MgN4K8F2YY
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Am I going mad or was the scene between Elaine and Rhys this afternoon not in the hour long episode last night....?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    Am I going mad or was the scene between Elaine and Rhys this afternoon not in the hour long episode last night....?

It wasn't, neither was the scene with kyle giving out the food.
    It was nice to see the scene with Elaine and Rhys, but I wonder why they've added a new scenes:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It wasn't, neither was the scene with kyle giving out the food.
    It was nice to see the scene with Elaine and Rhys, but I wonder why they've added a new scenes:confused:

I don't remember seeing the Sophie and Callum scene last night either. I'm thinking they had to lose some scenes to make it fit into the hour slot last night.
  • Options
    allie4allie4 Posts: 11,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :mad: Has no one on this thread ever learned how to post SPOILERS??
    Not everyone saw last night's ep!
  • Options
    GoingtothebeachGoingtothebeach Posts: 19,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    allie4 wrote: »
    :mad: Has no one on this thread ever learned how to post SPOILERS??
    Not everyone saw last night's ep!

Once a show airs in the UK there are no need for spoilers to be covered. That's how it's always worked on Digital Spy.

How else would you draw the line? The episode aired last night and once again today. 2 of 3 main showings already done.
This discussion has been closed.