Options

Trivial things that annoy you intensely.

Comments

• Options
    Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At junctions when drivers waiting to pull out to the right don't leave room for cars wanting to turn left.

Argh can't believe I didn't think of that before, that's probably my ultimate pet hate!!

Well, that and people cutting corners when they're turning right - there is a line in the middle of the road, cars might be coming the other way, so it won't cost you any time to drive another 2ft forward before turning :rolleyes:

Addisonian wrote: »
    Toast crumbs in the butter.

Or bits of jam if someone's put butter and jam on one piece of toast then decided to have another one and reused the knife!
  • Options
    rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People saying that Christmas is such an anti climax; the phrase 'it is such a build up and then it just goes.' Well, if you planned your festive season properly you may not feel that way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Dog poo on pavements. I swear if I ever see it happen, I will follow them and shove it through their letterbox.

:p

I remember being out on the beach one time and their was a lady walking her dog and the dog went for an excrement. A whole range of people bellowed to the owner saying 'eww thats disgusting' and 'put it back in' etc. It was as if the owner was taking abuse from people for all their dog crap experiences and was left, hung out to dry. She did pick the poo up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [QUOTE=Demizdeeroolz;65437252]I get annoyed in shops when people don't stack the shopping baskets neatly at the check out one person plonk a basket down skewed then others just follow. also when people in clothes shops look at an item of clothing and it falls off the hanger they just walk away.

At junctions when drivers waiting to pull out to the right don't leave room for cars wanting to turn left.[/QUOTE]

What about when the person in the queue in front of you are about are to get served and they do not put the separation down enabling you place your items on the belt at the till.
  • Options
    rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People who breathe loudly
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who whistle and wink at me.
  • Options
    clsyorkshireclsyorkshire Posts: 791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People who brake every time there is a car coming the other way (on the other side of the road).

If you're that frightened, perhaps driving isn't for you?
  • Options
    saffron_starsaffron_star Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rfonzo wrote: »
    What about when the person in the queue in front of you are about are to get served and they do not put the separation down enabling you place your items on the belt at the till.

Yep that really really annoys me.
    Also if there is a big queue and they wait for the whole conveyor belt to be empty before they lay out their shopping, instead of when there is just enough room at the end.
    Use your brains.
  • Options
    imrightokimrightok Posts: 8,492
    Forum Member
    I remember being out on the beach one time and their was a lady walking her dog and the dog went for an excrement. A whole range of people bellowed to the owner saying 'eww thats disgusting' and 'put it back in' etc. It was as if the owner was taking abuse from people for all their dog crap experiences and was left, hung out to dry. She did pick the poo up.

Sorry, but I have to agree with the people. Although I wouldn't be shouting at her, I agree with their sentiments. She may well pick it up, but I'm sure there would be residue left over; and the beach is where a lot of people run around barefoot. Its bad enough on the pavements where you wear shoes, let alone getting it on your feet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    When the bus is running late and the driver pulls into another stop to pick up, there's this one woman in particular, who despite catching the bus everyday, only decides to take her money out when she gets on the bus. And it's not a case of whipping it out, she fumbles through her purse trying to find the right amount of money. Come on, you know that you've got to pay the driver, why not just put the right amount in your pocket or keep it in your hand, and stop wasting time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    A lot but i'll start with people who lick and suck their fingers , people who grin madly when talking , brushing my hair when it is in bird's nest mode and the smell of cucumber.
  • Options
    Hildas HairnetHildas Hairnet Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People who say the word 'jag' for an injection :mad:
  • Options
    rikstan87rikstan87 Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People on face book who write for instance "seriously worried now...." then they have loads of comments with "what's up Hun" etc and that person says nothing that well annoys me
  • Options
    Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I get annoyed in shops when people don't stack the shopping baskets neatly at the check out one person plonk a basket down skewed then others just follow. also when people in clothes shops look at an item of clothing and it falls off the hanger they just walk away.

At junctions when drivers waiting to pull out to the right don't leave room for cars wanting to turn left.

Yes, they are so bone idle that they just chuck their basket on the stack and it either a) lands cock-eyed or b) ends up with one of its handles over the top. Either way, it stops the next person from stacking. Inconsiderate plebs.
  • Options
    Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People who brake every time there is a car coming the other way (on the other side of the road).

If you're that frightened, perhaps driving isn't for you?

My mate Pete drives like that. Every time he sees any car anywhere, he brakes. His driving doesn't flow and being in a car with him is unsettling. No doubt he thinks I drive like a maniac....
  • Options
    racol5racol5 Posts: 3,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    player1 wrote: »
    Obese wimmin who swim in pairs in pools, chatting to each other the whole way up and down the pool oblivious to the fact they are taking up three lanes or so....you should be allowed to take torpedos into the Leisure pools ...or harpoons :D

You must have been in Kenilworth tonight....
  • Options
    racol5racol5 Posts: 3,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rikstan87 wrote: »
    People on face book who write for instance "seriously worried now...." then they have loads of comments with "what's up Hun" etc and that person says nothing that well annoys me

These people are 'attention seeking''. Such people are annoying as they are ego centric....something they should have grown out off but haven't.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    racol5 wrote: »
    These people are 'attention seeking''. Such people are annoying as they are ego centric....something they should have grown out off but haven't.

absolutely spot on. My otherhalf , dads girlfriend does this all the time i just want to go round and punch her :D
  • Options
    PinkPetuniaPinkPetunia Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member
    People who come out the door at arrivals in airports and their families run screaming towards them .They stop on the spot with the trolly and hug and scream while the whole stream of people arriving stumble over them and bump into them
    Dublin airport is a huge culprit here, the doors open and you fall over the family who have stopped on the spot right outside the doors .............Grrrrrrr
  • Options
    kaniakania Posts: 6,252
    Forum Member
    Probably already been mentioned a number of times but some of mine are:-

People who don't wait for passengers to disembark the train or bus, before getting on. I was getting off a bus recently and this old woman went to get on, but she was that fragile she had to put both hands out to help herself get on the bus, thus, blocking me from getting off.

Groups of people who stand nattering in the middle of a path or at entrances blocking everyone from getting past.

People behind you who start loading their shopping on the conveyor belt before you've finished. I was doing a big shop once and had only half loaded my shopping when a guy starts putting his stuff on, leaving me with little space to put the rest of my shopping on.
  • Options
    FlufanFlufan Posts: 2,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Trivial things that amuse you intensely

The phrase "went for an excrement". :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kania wrote: »
    Probably already been mentioned a number of times but some of mine are:-

People who don't wait for passengers to disembark the train or bus, before getting on. I was getting off a bus recently and this old woman went to get on, but she was that fragile she had to put both hands out to help herself get on the bus, thus, blocking me from getting off.

Groups of people who stand nattering in the middle of a path or at entrances blocking everyone from getting past.

People behind you who start loading their shopping on the conveyor belt before you've finished. I was doing a big shop once and had only half loaded my shopping when a guy starts putting his stuff on, leaving me with little space to put the rest of my shopping on.

i would of said err excuse me not finished yet and got him to take his stiff off the belt.
  • Options
    burton07burton07 Posts: 10,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People who say the word 'jag' for an injection :mad:

I think you'll find they say "jab" not "jag". I say jab instead of injection - everybody does.
  • Options
    Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    The term "side boob" that keeps cropping up in The Sun and Daily Mail. And while I'm on the subject calling legs "pins".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    burton07 wrote: »
    I think you'll find they say "jab" not "jag". I say jab instead of injection - everybody does.

I don't.
This discussion has been closed.