Options

breaking bad

Comments

• Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Op you're missing a incredible show why wait? :)
  • Options
    irishfeenirishfeen Posts: 10,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great show, cant wait for it to return to our screens... honestly the best TV series I have ever watched....
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Op you're missing a incredible show why wait? :)

I watched all of series 1 last night (midnight to 5am) im nackered but your right is an incredible show thats supposedly onky to get better
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched all of series 1 last night (midnight to 5am) im nackered but your right is an incredible show thats supposedly onky to get better

It does I was like you watching many episodes at a time, enjoy.
  • Options
    Dannielle_HowelDannielle_Howel Posts: 1,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    I loved the first 3 seasons of Weeds (Mary Louise Parker is a goddess) but I lost track of it somewhere in Season 4. I really should go back for a massive catch up session.

You are right. Lots of similarities with Breaking Bad. Not just the drugs angle but you never know which way the story is going to turn.

Exactly. I do prefer weeds over Breaking Bad and I think that might be partially because of the characters. Doug, Celia, Helia, Andy - Shane the little crazy! Great great show, you should def go back and watch it!

MoreTears wrote: »
    I think you might be alone on earth in preferring Weeds to Breaking Bad. It is a half-hour comedy anyway, so a rather different thing than a dark drama series like Breaking Bad.

I am not alone! haha, My partner prefers it and our very close friends do. We are television addicts - Me in particular as i'm the one who always finds these shows. When I found weeds I was so grateful to the creators, I hadn't found a show like it, and while yes it is a half hour show, It's more dark comedy than actual laugh out loud comedy for example the last line of the first episode is "I should of had an abortion" (Said by Celia) Weeds manages to be funny and gripping at the same time - Breaking Bad came out and I was so excited! It is a great show but I sometimes found it effort to watch and I never had that with Weeds. The journey with Nancy is far better than the journey with Walt, Also there are many unlikable characters in Breaking Bad (Skyler anyone?) and even towards the end of the most recent season (Well middle) I found myself not liking Walt very much. Looking forward to seeing how they finish it because it is a very good show but for me there is only one way it can and should go.
  • Options
    swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everyone I know raves about Breaking Bad.

I was the first two seasons on Netflix and gave up. I couldn't really get into it.
    I liked his son and Jessie but Walt and his wife were annoying.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    weeds will be my next mission as soon as ive watched all 5 seasons of breaking bad
  • Options
    satellitesatellite Posts: 8,181
    Forum Member

You just wait :) so many OMG moments and brilliant characters to come! I am envious you are going on this 'journey' now. ;). I'm up to date, only final 8 episodes left to see when they are aired!
  • Options
    clsyorkshireclsyorkshire Posts: 791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Best series since 24.
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Weeds is good, and obviously has some similarities with Breaking Bad... I think that Breaking Bad is far superior, though.
  • Options
    FirewalkerFirewalker Posts: 2,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its the best thing Ive watched in years...seen every series now on Netflix....now Im bereft
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    We started watching this a couple of weeks ago on Netflix. Utterly, utterly superb. To me it's up there with Game of Thrones for triple A TV. Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul, in fact all the cast, are heroes. I can't help feeling when I watch it that we here in the UK are just not capable of making this type of drama.
    Firewalker wrote: »
    ...seen every series now on Netflix....now I'm bereft

This is currently worrying me. We're currently getting to the end of series 3, and I don't know what I'll do when it's finished. :(
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    LostFool wrote: »
    I only started watching Breaking Bad recently. I flew through the first 3 seasons but I've hit a dull patch in S4 and I'm struggling to keep going. Maybe I just need a break from it for a while.

Interesting. For me S4 was the best season - so many twists and turns. I felt the whole show could have probably ended there and then. The first part of S5 was good but I felt it was a step back after the sheer brilliance of S4. Still though it's miles ahead of anything else on TV right now IMO, even those other acclaimed US shows like Homeland etc. I can't for the life of me understand why it's never won an Emmy for best drama series.

Can't wait for the final 8 episodes. I only discovered it late last year (thank god for Netflix) and ended up watching all five seasons in about a month and a half. I kinda wish I'd had the chance to get into it from the start - I bet you get more satisfaction out of following these characters over a number of years rather than days and weeks. Still it's a great show, very intricately plotted and the development of Walt is a masterclass in a TV characterisation. Superb.
  • Options
    satellitesatellite Posts: 8,181
    Forum Member
    Agent F wrote: »
    Interesting. For me S4 was the best season - so many twists and turns. I felt the whole show could have probably ended there and then. The first part of S5 was good but I felt it was a step back after the sheer brilliance of S4. Still though it's miles ahead of anything else on TV right now IMO, even those other acclaimed US shows like Homeland etc. I can't for the life of me understand why it's never won an Emmy for best drama series.

Can't wait for the final 8 episodes. I only discovered it late last year (thank god for Netflix) and ended up watching all five seasons in about a month and a half. I kinda wish I'd had the chance to get into it from the start - I bet you get more satisfaction out of following these characters over a number of years rather than days and weeks. Still it's a great show, very intricately plotted and the development of Walt is a masterclass in a TV characterisation. Superb.

I loved S4 too - the coolest villan of 'em all with ice in his veins - Gustavo Fring, awesome! I never thought I would be breathless just watching someone taking their jacket off, folding it up and then putting it back on again! ;)
  • Options
    PsychoTherapistPsychoTherapist Posts: 2,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched them all last year and am now up to date. When I first started though, with Seasons 1 & 2 I thought the show was highly overrated, as they're not that impressive - rather slow and lacking in direction.

Seasons 3 & 4, on the other hand, prove that this show rightly deserves the very high praise it gets, with Season 4 being some of the absolute best TV out there! Season 5 is good too, but it does suffer a bit, by not quite being up to par with the quality of Season 4, at least up to now that is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Season 2 is nearly out of the way. It wasnt as good as season 1 but season 3 gets better.

Loving jessie
  • Options
    ErlangErlang Posts: 6,619
    Forum Member
    currently on second disk of S4, it's so so good, but I have to ration myself.

Now thinking of subbing to Netflix for S5
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Season 3 episode 6 now. Those twin blokes are scary as hell.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh my god season 3 episode 7 was fan bloody tastic. Hope strider survives
  • Options
    SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,908
    Forum Member
    Oh my god season 3 episode 7 was fan bloody tastic. Hope strider survives

Who's Strider? :confused:
  • Options
    MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    SteelEdge wrote: »
    Who's Strider? :confused:

He is referring to Hank SCHRADER.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MoreTears wrote: »
    He is referring to Hank SCHRADER.

you say schrader i say strider.lol
  • Options
    DJGMDJGM Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For those that haven't reached the end of season 4 yet ... you really don't want to read this massive spoiler . . .
    Gustavo Fring meets his maker in a particularly gruesome way, by having half of his face blown off in an explosion!
    The way he casually walks out of the blasted room with half his face missing then slumps down dead, is chilling!
    :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DJGM wrote: »
    For those that haven't reached the end of season 4 yet ... you really don't want to read this massive spoiler . . .
    Gustavo Fring meets his maker in a particularly gruesome way, by having half of his face blown off in an explosion!
    The way he casually walks out of the blasted room with half his face missing then slumps down dead, is chilling!
    :eek:

im downloading season 4 tonight so i cant and wont look at your spoiler, please edit it so i dont give in to temptation.
    thanks
  • Options
    SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,908
    Forum Member
    you say schrader i say strider.lol

Let's call the whole thing off :D