Options

Doc Martin (Part 15 — Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    lemster wrote: »

Check the last post on link above. Someone was in church when"Doc and Louisa almost got married" What?
  • Options
    NewParkNewPark Posts: 3,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dmptrader wrote: »
    Check the last post on link above. Someone was in church when"Doc and Louisa almost got married" What?

Could they possibly be talking about S3?

I must confess that I am getting pretty disheartened. I don't want to go through this again.
  • Options
    Shop GirlShop Girl Posts: 1,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NewPark wrote: »

I must confess that I am getting pretty disheartened. I don't want to go through this again.

Have faith NewPark! I suspect this person is talking about S3. Remember, they would not spend all that money and time (two days of filming) to film the reception if the wedding did not take place. I just can't see them making two versions of the wedding/non-wedding and then spend the money and time on a reception. Doesn't make any sense.

When will you be there? Remember, we just need to get some eyeballs on MC's and CC's left hands when they start to do some filming in town.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Shop Girl wrote: »
    Have faith NewPark! I suspect this person is talking about S3. Remember, they would not spend all that money and time (two days of filming) to film the reception if the wedding did not take place. I just can't see them making two versions of the wedding/non-wedding and then spend the money and time on a reception. Doesn't make any sense.

When will you be there? Remember, we just need to get some eyeballs on MC's and CC's left hands when they start to do some filming in town.

Thanks Shopgirl for talking me off the ledge! You're right could be S3
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

For some reason, I am signed up for TripAdvisor so I posted a reply asking whether they were referring to this year's filming or Season 3. I'll let you know what they say.

I am going to be in Port Isaac VERY briefly toward the end of June. Will definitely be looking for wedding rings, if we haven't resolved this by then.
  • Options
    Shop GirlShop Girl Posts: 1,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lemster wrote: »
    My you make it easy for us to fully enjoy the ins and outs of the locations used in DM. I really enjoy your posts. Thanks for the effort and sharing.

Aww - thanks lemster. I really love the challenge and would do it just for my own enjoyment, but it is nice that some of you on this forum also enjoy it.

After talking about the scene with Julie filmed in Chicago House, I went back and watched the scene again to see if I could figure out which bedroom they used (now that we have the house layout!). I was able to pin it down - see the floor plan. I circled the window behind the bed and the window in the hall:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/35584579@N00/8663617207/

In this one, you can see the window behind the bed and the view up Roscarrock Hill (Mrs Potter's house). Also, the layout shows a sink just to the left of where the bed is - notice the strategically placed screen:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/35584579@N00/8663617089/

In the shot of Mark, you can see the window behind him and notice that it shows the stone house next door (the one with all the pots of flowers on the walls). This is in just the right spot, so reinforces that we are in the right filming location:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/35584579@N00/8664716988/

And finally, as Joe starts down the stairs you can see the stairs on the right leading up to the next floor. Again, matches perfectly to the layout! (I got a chill getting all this verification :D):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/35584579@N00/8663616735/
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mazzieblue wrote: »
    Also learned that MC wears thermals under the suit when he has to pretend it's summer but they are filming in March. Not sure what the rest of them do.

i have noticed a lot of lumps and bumps under DM's suit. We know about the suspenders - but I have seen other things that look like microphone boxes, etc., especially if you look at his back. Have you noticed the lumps under the S5 Pajamas of Steel?
  • Options
    lemsterlemster Posts: 196
    Forum Member

I read this as S3
  • Options
    SusieSagitariusSusieSagitarius Posts: 1,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aww - thanks lemster. I really love the challenge and would do it just for my own enjoyment, but it is nice that some of you on this forum also enjoy it.

After talking about the scene with Julie filmed in Chicago House, I went back and watched the scene again to see if I could figure out which bedroom they used (now that we have the house layout!). I was able to pin it down - see the floor plan. I circled the window behind the bed and the window in the hall:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/35584579@N00/8663617207/

In this one, you can see the window behind the bed and the view up Roscarrock Hill (Mrs Potter's house). Also, the layout shows a sink just to the left of where the bed is - notice the strategically placed screen:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/35584579@N00/8663617089/

In the shot of Mark, you can see the window behind him and notice that it shows the stone house next door (the one with all the pots of flowers on the walls). This is in just the right spot, so reinforces that we are in the right filming location:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/35584579@N00/8664716988/

And finally, as Joe starts down the stairs you can see the stairs on the right leading up to the next floor. Again, matches perfectly to the layout! (I got a chill getting all this verification :D):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/35584579@N00/8663616735/

You do amazing work here and so glad you share it with us!:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    Wow, these new spoilers are intresting. My thoughts and predictions under the tag.
    I'm so excited this is really going to happen! I was thinking that they were away somewhere together - might be off to have a meal at the Port Wenn Hotel, or just a night away for their honeymoon etc. Anyway James is with the nanny and they are driving about together. His car brakes down for whatever reason and they are forced to walk back to the village, through the woods, as they need to relieve the nanny from James. Louisa says she knows the way (being a local... "Martin, I've lived in this village my whole life, I know where to go" etc. Then she gets them lost, it gets dark and they have to stay the night until sun rise when they can carry on.
    They are somewhat cold, so Louisa makes Martin cuddle up to her - propped up against a tree or something. They are constantly arguing, bickering really. Martin wakes up in the morning with his wife/whatever she is at this point, cuddled up to him in a slumber and he decides he wouldn't want to be anywhere else right now. Despite the lack of hygiene and food etc.
    Meanwhile, the nanny contacts Penhale, saying they haven't returned and he goes off to find them, but its dark and they will have to continue in the morning. Then in the morning he sees the car empty and continues to look for them. By this time they have woken up and find the way to a clearing by the road. Penhale sees them while driving past, and takes them back to the village.... That's my guess on it anyway. But I bet there is more bonding between them. Hopefully a cuddle
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blue-Eyes wrote: »
    Difference of opinions...

Isn't that what makes our forum so alive ?

Would be a bit boring if we all agreed all the time

Still love you guys X

:):):)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I am sure it will turn out to be series 3. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For some reason, I am signed up for TripAdvisor so I posted a reply asking whether they were referring to this year's filming or Season 3. I'll let you know what they say.

I am going to be in Port Isaac VERY briefly toward the end of June. Will definitely be looking for wedding rings, if we haven't resolved this by then.

How wonderful for you NewPark. I hope it is lovely weather & they're filming in the village. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i have noticed a lot of lumps and bumps under DM's suit. We know about the suspenders - but I have seen other things that look like microphone boxes, etc., especially if you look at his back. Have you noticed the lumps under the S5 Pajamas of Steel?

No I hadn't but I will be sure to check them out! Any particular spots? :D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, these new spoilers are intresting. My thoughts and predictions under the tag.
    I'm so excited this is really going to happen! I was thinking that they were away somewhere together - might be off to have a meal at the Port Wenn Hotel, or just a night away for their honeymoon etc. Anyway James is with the nanny and they are driving about together. His car brakes down for whatever reason and they are forced to walk back to the village, through the woods, as they need to relieve the nanny from James. Louisa says she knows the way (being a local... "Martin, I've lived in this village my whole life, I know where to go" etc. Then she gets them lost, it gets dark and they have to stay the night until sun rise when they can carry on.
    They are somewhat cold, so Louisa makes Martin cuddle up to her - propped up against a tree or something. They are constantly arguing, bickering really. Martin wakes up in the morning with his wife/whatever she is at this point, cuddled up to him in a slumber and he decides he wouldn't want to be anywhere else right now. Despite the lack of hygiene and food etc.
    Meanwhile, the nanny contacts Penhale, saying they haven't returned and he goes off to find them, but its dark and they will have to continue in the morning. Then in the morning he sees the car empty and continues to look for them. By this time they have woken up and find the way to a clearing by the road. Penhale sees them while driving past, and takes them back to the village.... That's my guess on it anyway. But I bet there is more bonding between them. Hopefully a cuddle

Excellent but might I add?
    DM wakes and realises its just where he wants to be. He wakes LG, he stares into her eyes, gently brushes a strand of hair from her face. LG sighs "Martin" and he leans in to kiss her...just as PC Penhale blunders through the woods to their little clearing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I know we all hope the wedding does take place - and I think it probably will because of MC's interview statements going back a year or so ("we're getting married"). But just because they filmed a wedding/reception does not mean they actually settle on the Doc and Louisa getting married. It just means it will be shown. They can still use both the wedding and the non-wedding and say one version was a dream sequence or someone's imagination (a la the famous "Dallas" twist quite a while ago.)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know we all hope the wedding does take place - and I think it probably will because of MC's interview statements going back a year or so ("we're getting married"). But just because they filmed a wedding/reception does not mean they actually settle on the Doc and Louisa getting married. It just means it will be shown. They can still use both the wedding and the non-wedding and say one version was a dream sequence or someone's imagination (a la the famous "Dallas" twist quite a while ago.)

I don't know which live interview it is where MC says they will marry, but here's a print interview with only a small modifying "I think":

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2012-06-05/doc-martin-clunes-louisa-and-the-doctor-are-finally-going-to-marry-i-think

I'm with you, NewPark. If they do another non-wedding, the sound you will hear from the Left Coast will be me blowing up my Doc Martin disks!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member

It's pretty likely that I will need to be sedated before all of this is over. I am already a nervous wreck.:eek::eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know which live interview it is where MC says they will marry, but here's a print interview with only a small modifying "I think":

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2012-06-05/doc-martin-clunes-louisa-and-the-doctor-are-finally-going-to-marry-i-think

I'm with you, NewPark. If they do another non-wedding, the sound you will hear from the Left Coast will be me blowing up my Doc Martin disks!

The only thing -- and it's a big thing -- that keeps me from being totally dyspeptic at this point is that over and over, MC has stressed that they want to keep the series "fresh." How fresh would it be if they put us through a second non-wedding? or to put us through a third season of angst about whether they are going to get back together?

I think a third season of this would border on farce. Also, I wonder how I could possibly continue to have sympathy for a female character who would opt for taking back a man with such difficulties of character and commitment a FOURTH time. He asked for "one last chance." Why a reasonably sane woman would give him one more after that is well beyond my ken. There are times when one has to cut bait and move on, and I would be disappointed in Louisa if this wasn't one such. Same thing for Martin of course -- if it is Louisa who backs out of the wedding. Get on with your life, Martin. London calls.
    But if the gossip is accurate, it's Martin who "storms out."

This rant is all in case they do actually decide to torment their fans with another failed wedding. It's hard (but not impossible) to believe they would actually do that.
  • Options
    mmDerdekeammDerdekea Posts: 1,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing -- and it's a big thing -- that keeps me from being totally dyspeptic at this point is that over and over, MC has stressed that they want to keep the series "fresh." How fresh would it be if they put us through a second non-wedding? or to put us through a third season of angst about whether they are going to get back together?

I think a third season of this would border on farce. Also, I wonder how I could possibly continue to have sympathy for a female character who would opt for taking back a man with such difficulties of character and commitment a FOURTH time. He asked for "one last chance." Why a reasonably sane woman would give him one more after that is well beyond my ken. There are times when one has to cut bait and move on, and I would be disappointed in Louisa if this wasn't one such. Same thing for Martin of course -- if it is Louisa who backs out of the wedding. Get on with your life, Martin. London calls.
    But if the gossip is accurate, it's Martin who "storms out."

This rant is all in case they do actually decide to torment their fans with another failed wedding. It's hard (but not impossible) to believe they would actually do that.

Well, I'm not as emotionally involved in the wedding as apparently some of you on the Forum, but if they do not marry then how MC can prevent the world from yelling "SOAP OPERA!", I have no idea (considering it is one already, in my opinion).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mmDerdekea wrote: »
    Well, I'm not as emotionally involved in the wedding as apparently some of you on the Forum, but if they do not marry then how MC can prevent the world from yelling "SOAP OPERA!", I have no idea (considering it is one already, in my opinion).

Exactly.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    I wish a whole bunch of people would write some new fan fiction at warp speed. I need something new to read! :):)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

One of the really annoying things about the people on trip advisor is that some of them just don't get back to you. You go to all the trouble to write a long reply and nothing...

I hope that doesn't happen to you. Although in this case it might be that they don't know the different series.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mmDerdekea wrote: »

I want to clarify that it's not about my being emotionally involved in a wedding. I could live without a wedding. What I am emotionally involved in is the production being true to the characters and the show, and BP showing respect for their viewers. If they staged another non-wedding, I would feel that the PTB (Powers That Be) are just jerking us around, messing with the characters I want to believe in because they can.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I want to clarify that it's not about my being emotionally involved in a wedding. I could live without a wedding. What I am emotionally involved in is the production being true to the characters and the show, and BP showing respect for their viewers. If they staged another non-wedding, I would feel that the PTB (Powers That Be) are just jerking us around, messing with the characters I want to believe in because they can. This is about what another non-wedding represents.

This is so my feelings as well. I know this isn't Shakespeare or some great work of art, but they need to respect the viewers intelligence and their own creation.
This discussion has been closed.