Comments

• Options
    MissSylviaMissSylvia Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    So from the promos released thus far

we can gather that
    Someones car goes off a cliff
    Theres a housefire/explosion
    Potentially another murder or scuffle and someone (the killer?) ends up with blood on their hands
  • Options
    dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    Can't wait for this evening. I've mostly been suspicious of our young vicar, still am, but I can't stop thinking that Susan has been dismissed/eliminated too quickly. I actually wouldn't be at all surprised if it's her, or she is involved in some way.
  • Options
    dec7000dec7000 Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    OK my last post before we find out what happened and I'm going to stick with my first choice made way back on thread 1. I think Olly did it!!!

There is obviously a case to be made for anyone including Vince the dog! I'm not exactly sure why I plumped for Olly but because it was his boat, his mother has a secret, his name is similar to Jim Stevenson, he's around the same age as Susan's son would be, the way he aggressively kissed Karen, the way he asked her if his love making was alright and he's been consistently 3rd/4th favourite with the bookies is enough for me. Why did his dad disappear? Why is his mum in debt - there's no real sign of drug or alcohol abuse? He looks a little insecure, lives with his mum and appears to be cleverly covering his tracks with regards to the boat and paintballing.

He killed Danny to silence him. Exactly why I'm not sure but!

So that's my prediction. It was Olly who dunnit. I can feel the bullets already as I get shot down!
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MissSylvia wrote: »

we can gather that
    Potentially another murder or scuffle and someone (the killer?) ends up with blood on their hands
    Ooooh very interesting, hadn't read these before. Thanks :)

Roll on 9pm!

Btw, how long is it on for tonight? Is it just an hour again or is it extended because it's the finale?
  • Options
    CubicEyesCubicEyes Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    ddmatt05 wrote: »
    Just rewatching last weeks episode and wondering now if Susan's daughter being in Broadchurch can be discounted as surely the daughter would at least have the memory of what her mum looked liked and surely would see some sort of resemblance??

Also just to throw in on the 'Jude' theory again. Very thin but Jude the child who murders his half siblings and hangs himself in the book was growing up in Australia before coming back to England. Is Becca another reference to the book by the writer?? Also Jude the child in the book, his birth mothers name is Arabella, could that be the Ellie connection - Arabella/Ella/Ellie??

You're coming up with some good 'uns today, DDMatt05.

Before you popped up on this Part 3 thread with these interesting ideas, I was going to quote your previous post from Part 2 which I also thought held water.

In fact I will quote part of what you said in that post now, because I don't think it deserves to disappear without trace just because we've changed threads:
    I think it all stems on something Mark was meant to do on the night in question, but didn't as he went off with Becca. Maybe he got Danny to do instead as he considered it safe.

It would explain Nige's comment 'what was the upshot' from the very first episode when Mark replies 'just drive'. Mark doesn't know as he's not seen Danny yet.

In Mark's interview after Becca confirms she was with him he says 'the one time I take him for granted, I lose him'. Could be guilt because Danny was where Mark should have been.

Would also explain Mark's dream where he comforts a wet Danny and says sorry.

Nice thinking there, DDMatt05! Gotta go out now so can't add my comments on your ideas, but I'll be interested to see if anyone else finds they spark more thoughts off. The more fuel for our splendid bonfire of theories, the merrier...!
  • Options
    researchshirleyresearchshirley Posts: 2,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Addisonian wrote: »
    Btw, how long is it on for tonight? Is it just an hour again or is it extended because it's the finale?

65 mins.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dekaf wrote: »
    Can't wait for this evening. I've mostly been suspicious of our young vicar, still am, but I can't stop thinking that Susan has been dismissed/eliminated too quickly. I actually wouldn't be at all surprised if it's her, or she is involved in some way.
    I read that...
    apparantly we "haven't seen the last of Susan Wright"

Not sure what to make of that though.
  • Options
    AmethyztAmethyzt Posts: 4,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chuh wrote: »
    to me that looks like a child and adult hand... Could just be the angle though!
    I agree, child and adult hands
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    65 mins.
    Only an extra 5 minutes!?! :(

Oh well, it's better than nowt I suppose.
  • Options
    basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member

we can gather that
    Are we 100% sure these promos are true.
    Not sure a car crash, house fire and another murder will have time to be fitted in.
  • Options
    sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It could be a red herring but could Chloe be Becca's daughter? Becca and her have similar necklaces and Chloe has been working at the hotel, maybe a way of getting to know her. :confused:
  • Options
    AmethyztAmethyzt Posts: 4,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ddmatt05 wrote: »
    Just rewatching last weeks episode and wondering now if Susan's daughter being in Broadchurch can be discounted as surely the daughter would at least have the memory of what her mum looked liked and surely would see some sort of resemblance??

Also just to throw in on the 'Jude' theory again. Very thin but Jude the child who murders his half siblings and hangs himself in the book was growing up in Australia before coming back to England. Is Becca another reference to the book by the writer?? Also Jude the child in the book, his birth mothers name is Arabella, could that be the Ellie connection - Arabella/Ella/Ellie??
    I wrote a great theory about Becca being Jacks daughter back on thread 2. Moved to Oz with her mother after the car accident, then came to Broadchurch to try and get to know her father. But while there, gets involved with Mark and discovers it is Marks parents who caused the accident that killed her brother. So she kills Danny as revenge. Becca and Bella, very similar names
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dekaf wrote: »

Susan is lying. I'm sure of that. She tells Ellie she didn't want to get involved. But she took the skateboard. Problem is virtually every suspect has issues and secrets and lies. So is Susan lying because she was involved in Danny's murder. Or because of other reasons. Hardy ruled her out because of her alibi, not because she is a woman. She was seen in her caravan at 1:30am. How that rules her out as the killer was lost on me however.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dec7000 wrote: »
    OK my last post before we find out what happened and I'm going to stick with my first choice made way back on thread 1. I think Olly did it!!!

There is obviously a case to be made for anyone including Vince the dog! I'm not exactly sure why I plumped for Olly but because it was his boat, his mother has a secret, his name is similar to Jim Stevenson, he's around the same age as Susan's son would be, the way he aggressively kissed Karen, the way he asked her if his love making was alright and he's been consistently 3rd/4th favourite with the bookies is enough for me. Why did his dad disappear? Why is his mum in debt - there's no real sign of drug or alcohol abuse? He looks a little insecure, lives with his mum and appears to be cleverly covering his tracks with regards to the boat and paintballing.

He killed Danny to silence him. Exactly why I'm not sure but!

So that's my prediction. It was Olly who dunnit. I can feel the bullets already as I get shot down!
    It's a good theory but I don't think it's Olly. If you cast your mind back to when Olly saw Danny's sister laying the teddy bear down at the beach he seemed genuinely shocked to find out that it was in fact Danny who had been murdered. And since he was on his own at the time I don't think he was feigning surprise for anyone else's benefit.

But I suppose you never know with this program!!
  • Options
    catsittercatsitter Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sandydune wrote: »
    It could be a red herring but could Chloe be Becca's daughter? Becca and her have similar necklaces and Chloe has been working at the hotel, maybe a way of getting to know her. :confused:

Beth got pregnant with Chloe when she was 15!
  • Options
    researchshirleyresearchshirley Posts: 2,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amethyzt wrote: »
    I wrote a great theory about Becca being Jacks daughter back on thread 2. Moved to Oz with her mother after the car accident, then came to Broadchurch to try and get to know her father. But while there, gets involved with Mark and discovers it is Marks parents who caused the accident that killed her brother. So she kills Danny as revenge. Becca and Bella, very similar names
    But didn't we see a photo that would rule that out?
  • Options
    brenton001brenton001 Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    Broadchurch is coming near to the End, Find Out who killed Danny, @ 21:00 BST (ITV & ITV HD)
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,590
    Forum Member
    SolarSail wrote: »
    Way behind the movement, so replying to posts on the last thread which closed while I was typing.

There's something about her that I don't like.
    The scene where her parents found her at the farm where Dean lives, dancing to the music and seemingly care free? on the one hand that could be just as she explained it, that Dean wanted to do something nice for her, something to relieve the strain, which is understandable, after all she's young herself - on the other hand, it could be seen as completely callous and although she's young, that hasn't stopped her being involved with drugs and knowing about her father and Becca's affair.

Me too, it's such a good change to having everything out there before the event.

Quite the possibility. After all so many have jumped to conclusions. I suppose we have to accept that Jack's death was indeed suicide, although there are too many unresolved thoughts about that for me. Many also thought Nige had actually killed Vince, despite the fact that wasn't what we saw at the end of that episode.
    Is the script leading us to make too many assumptions?

I know everyone seemed to heap praise on PQ's performance as she told her back history. Parts of it were very good, but for me, the constant nodding of her head really distracted me and it came across as self affirming her story, a bit like when someone says 'No, yes blah blah whatever'
    It didn't sit right.

I'm glad for the heads up.
    Usually I sit in the evening with the laptop nearby and watch and look at my screen from time to time.
    Tonight the lap top will be away and I'll be paying full attention from the minute it starts until the next programme comes on.
    One thing that keeps coming back into my mind is that in most of the publicity shots from the beach, Mark is facing in line with his family, but in one or two I've seen he's facing away.
    Tom and Joe are the only pair turned in towards each other

There's something about her that I don't like.
    The scene where her parents found her at the farm where Dean lives, dancing to the music and seemingly care free? on the one hand that could be just as she explained it, that Dean wanted to do something nice for her, something to relieve the strain, which is understandable, after all she's young herself - on the other hand, it could be seen as completely callous and although she's young, that hasn't stopped her being involved with drugs and knowing about her father and Becca's affair.

Me too, it's such a good change to having everything out there before the event.

Quite the possibility. After all so many have jumped to conclusions. I suppose we have to accept that Jack's death was indeed suicide, although there are too many unresolved thoughts about that for me. Many also thought Nige had actually killed Vince, despite the fact that wasn't what we saw at the end of that episode.
    Is the script leading us to make too many assumptions?

I know everyone seemed to heap praise on PQ's performance as she told her back history. Parts of it were very good, but for me, the constant nodding of her head really distracted me and it came across as self affirming her story, a bit like when someone says 'No, yes blah blah whatever'
    It didn't sit right.

I'm glad for the heads up.
    Usually I sit in the evening with the laptop nearby and watch and look at my screen from time to time.
    Tonight the lap top will be away and I'll be paying full attention from the minute it starts until the next programme comes on.
    One thing that keeps coming back into my mind is that in most of the publicity shots from the beach, Mark is facing in line with his family, but in one or two I've seen he's facing away.
    Tom and Joe are the only pair turned in towards each other
    Photo
    - although, you could make a slight case for Susan and Becca being positioned the same way - well, more or less.
    No idea if that means anything at all or if it's totally random.
    - although, you could make a slight case for Susan and Becca being positioned the same way - well, more or less.
    No idea if that means anything at all or if it's totally random.

So going by that photo link it's one of them 5 :confused: or is that to mis-lead us?
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,590
    Forum Member
    Susan is lying. I'm sure of that. She tells Ellie she didn't want to get involved. But she took the skateboard. Problem is virtually every suspect has issues and secrets and lies. So is Susan lying because she was involved in Danny's murder. Or because of other reasons. Hardy ruled her out because of her alibi, not because she is a woman. She was seen in her caravan at 1:30am. How that rules her out as the killer was lost on me however.

I'm not sure why she gave Tom the skateboard and she was last seen leaving the caravan site even tho she was told not to leave :confused:

I do think a lot of what we have seen is not connected in any way to the murder. i just hope most of our questions will be answered.
  • Options
    sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    catsitter wrote: »
    Beth got pregnant with Chloe when she was 15!
    Beth may have had a baby but what if they had got mixed up in the hospital, Becca was given Beth's baby and Beth was given Becca's baby.:confused:
  • Options
    MissSylviaMissSylvia Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    Speculation on FB seems to suggest
    Ellie is in the car and its not an accident

The fire is started to destroy evidence

The bloody hands are that of an adult and a child
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    I'm not sure why she gave Tom the skateboard and she was last seen leaving the caravan site even tho she was told not to leave :confused:

I do think a lot of what we have seen is not connected in any way to the murder. i just hope most of our questions will be answered.

Susan cares about her dog Vince. So I thought she was getting him out of harms way from Nige. I don't think she is done with Broadchurch yet.

Giving Tom the board baffles me as well. Tom told her he was friends with Danny and his mum was a police detective on the case. Is this what prompted her to give him the board - knowing it would get back to the police. She must have known they would come for her. It's not as if she is stupid - like Nige.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    aggs wrote: »
    Never having been involved in something like this in real life - would the Police give out cards with their names/contact info on if they were talking to people routinely?

A kind of reverse Columbo - if you think of another thing, contact me? :o

Can't keep track of this thread.:D:D

Does it seem odd that Paul would phone Hardy direct? That never occurred to me before someone brought it up today.

6hrs 45mins
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sandydune wrote: »
    Beth may have had a baby but what if they had got mixed up in the hospital, Becca was given Beth's baby and Beth was given Becca's baby.:confused:

I thought Becca had only come to Broadchurch a few years ago?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Another Promo just gone up
    blood on someones hands....but whose hands?

http://i34.tinypic.com/2cs7620.jpg
    Definitely one hand each from two different pairs. My immediate instinct is either the killer and Danny... or the killer and a woman... Joe and Ellie perhaps? :cool: