Options

Broadchurch - ITV Drama Series (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very appropriate ending to a masterful series. The subtlety and nuance of every performance was truly compelling. Nobody can deny what a success it's been. I don't think ITV could even have predicted how big it would be. Not sure about a second series though. Surely it would only serve to taint the inevitable legacy of the original.
  • Options
    YeraYera Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member
    Lovely ending and delighted it is returning- :D
  • Options
    Ed SizzersEd Sizzers Posts: 2,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent stuff.

Ultimately, the show was never really about the whodunnit, it was more about what Danny's murder did to the town and the lives in it. And on that basis, the final episode was superb.
  • Options
    KiskinKiskin Posts: 6,280
    Forum Member
    samy1014 wrote: »
    Well it seemed like a waste of time to you because you saw the answer straight away. We've spend 2 monts speculating but I don't care. This show was bloody brilliant. Cant even remember anything that has has such an effect

Agree. Anyone only watching tonight's episode won't understand it because they didnt watch the build up and the story unfolding. It was brilliant. Thought there might have been a twist but it was still just amazing tv
  • Options
    Department_SDepartment_S Posts: 4,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Broadchurch is not going to turn into Midsomer Murders is it? It's only a small town!
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,594
    Forum Member
    Pretzel wrote: »
    Guilty LOL :o

guilty because so so many people think it was a masterpiece.. and I admit I'm slightly underwhelmed by it all.

All that excitement for nothing. Very poor ending imo.
  • Options
    nokes22nokes22 Posts: 1,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed, it was excellent stuff! Bold, brave, inspired, disturbing and creepy. My jaw was on the floor listening to the confession - great final episode.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What was the story about Alec coming to Broadchurch as a young kid? something with his mom or something, I missed that part.
  • Options
    gouldfathergouldfather Posts: 802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The problem if it comes back it won't have David Tennant or Olivia Coleman in it surely? It will have lost its best actors.
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    (That extra clip adds nothing really).

I'd have thought that was obvious.

If the scene held anything substantial it wouldn't have been cut from the main show.
  • Options
    Mrs TeapotMrs Teapot Posts: 124,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    AFTER watching every week, my overall thoughts are it was rubbish, start to end..

I don't think so, just discussing with my daughter, she said it was good to see the reactions of the murderer's family as you don't often think about that or see it portrayed.

It was good and maybe they avoided a twist...........for a reason
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was an outstanding series . We should have more series like this on UK television in the future.
  • Options
    boozysuzieboozysuzie Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    Joe40 wrote: »

Thanks for that clip it wasn't shown on STV was it shown on ITV 1 typical STV:mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 467
    Forum Member
    jimbo1962 wrote: »
    what was the significance of ther slug scene?

Improbable though it would be for a slug to be wandering across your lounge carpet, there WAS a "slug" in the home - she acknowledged it and killed it. And is moving on.:(
  • Options
    TehanuTehanu Posts: 199
    Forum Member

The slug showed that the apparently happy home had been invaded by nastiness. Clearly Ellie will never be able to live there again even if she stays in the village.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    arghhhhh lol That was tense, loved it! Can not wait to see it return! David Tennant rocks!
  • Options
    domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    Brilliant series, from beginning to end.

Great writing, casting and acting.
  • Options
    16caerhos16caerhos Posts: 2,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I felt like so many things were unanswered, but now I know there's going to be a second series, I think we'll get those answers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I wondered that, I can't quite figure it out and its still annoying me. Something to show she can be cold hearted? Killing an innocent creature?

Or its irrelevant, she doesn't like slugs and it had no hidden meaning?

:o was crying with full chin wobble when Beth saw Danny on the cliff edge :cry::(
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just want to say, what an amazing series this has been. I've not been gripped by a TV program like this in God knows how long.

And what wonderful threads these have been - I've thoroughly enjoyed reading everyone's theories - as wacky as some of them were :D

Olivia Coleman really needs to win an award. Her reaction when Favid Tennant's character told her that the murderer was Joe was some of the best acting I have ever seen.

Roll on series 2!
  • Options
    ncl*girlncl*girl Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a little disappointed tbh..... it's been fantastic but I've been saying since about week 3 it was Joe - I would have liked it to turn out to be someone else but that's just my own personal view!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found this strangely satisfying. Definitely not an Agatha Christie who dunnit but what they always promised - a programme about how grief and suspicion and guilt can impact on a small community. Brilliant.

Agree and the acting was of such quality it was a real treat to watch. Loved it :)
  • Options
    MelodybearMelodybear Posts: 10,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully the Sandbrook case can be solved in another series, It was excellent...between a lot of you guys, you got the motive/killer spot on!
  • Options
    XIVXIV Posts: 21,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure how a second series will work, maybe keep the main characters but set it in a different place like Sandbrook or even an urban town. Miller mentioned about relocating so its possible,
  • Options
    nomad2kingnomad2king Posts: 8,415
    Forum Member
    boozysuzie wrote: »
    Honestly hundreds Midsomer have been doing it for years :D
    But at least Midsomer is the name of an area covering several villages etc, whereas Broadchurch is just a small town with less potential for varied plots and suspects.