Options

The Wright way

Comments

• Options
    Mr DangerousMr Dangerous Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Program finished a couple of minutes ago and my mother is still pissing herself laughing, I haven't heard her laugh out loud since she watched Mrs Brown's boys....I wasn't watching because I've been doing other things..
  • Options
    Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    spookyLX wrote: »
    ohhhh given her pedigree she should be good then
    bryemycaz wrote: »
    You do know who her parents are. Ill give her a chance due to her pedigree.

I assume you're being sarcastic.
  • Options
    djonshoredjonshore Posts: 4,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a bad comedy. Seen worse.
  • Options
    LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    this is even making Sue perkin's effort seem ok
    haha so true!

This show dreadful. Should be done under trades descriptions for calling itself "comedy".
  • Options
    spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    djonshore wrote: »

You Have :eek::eek::eek::eek:
  • Options
    bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    crowby1 wrote: »
    SHOUTY SHOUTY David Haig, shouty shouty shout, overacting, overacting, overacting, poorly dropped in observational humour, bad bad bad canned laughter, politically correct box ticked in the first 10 seconds with blatant explaining of his daughter living with her lesbian partner. The usual shower of ridiculous middle class charicatures we are used to seeing in BBC sh*tcoms.

Ben Elton, retire with some dignity, oh dear, too late.

BBC / GOLD stop giving David Haig lead roles in comedies, he isn't funny and his ridiculous shouty overacting would cancel out any comedy in the script, if there were any, which there isn't.

To summarise in the style of the daughter's lesbian partner, "duh!! Hash tag load of crap, hash tag beneltonstoppedbeingfunnyaround1994"

It was mostly awful laughed a couple of times. However I have to say this.

"ITS TICKED THE BOXES OF ALL MODERN SO CALLED COMEDY SHOWS THAT ARE ON THE TV TODAY. MIDDLE CLASS ECCENTRICS WHO WILL SOON BE DOING CHOCOLATE BLOODY BUTTON ADS"
  • Options
    Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    djonshore wrote: »

Completely agree yah it's not the best but is far from as bad as people are making out on here, and like you said there's been a hel of alot worse
  • Options
    djonshoredjonshore Posts: 4,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

All I'm saying is that everyone to their own.
  • Options
    Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yah so have I
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    this is even making Sue perkin's effort seem ok

Aren't they the same person? She and Ben Elton?
  • Options
    John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Program finished a couple of minutes ago and my mother is still pissing herself laughing, I haven't heard her laugh out loud since she watched Mrs Brown's boys....I wasn't watching because I've been doing other things..

It's typical of the sneery lot on here not to find anything funny:rolleyes:glad your mother enjoyed it but am mystified why........:cool::o:confused:
  • Options
    DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    not seen a thread so here is one :D

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1820214
    neonkt1 wrote: »
    That blonde girl is straight out of Miranda with her over the top acting.
    bryemycaz wrote: »
    You do know who her parents are. Ill give her a chance due to her pedigree.

I know, but she's still bloody awful. Like everyone else. David Haig was good on The Thick of It as the Peter Mandelson-type figure, but dreadful here.
    neonkt1 wrote: »
    Why can't the BBC get comedy right anymore?

I enjoyed Heading Out, but then I fancy the arse off Sue Perkins, although for obvious reasons, she'll never be mine ;)

Well, both programmes feature a man shouting a lot (albeit one wears a dress) and both are incredibly unfunny.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member

indeed
  • Options
    Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    I now cant wait to watch this on iPlayer tomorrow. Shades of 'When The Whistle Blows', perchance?
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There were a few funny bits in it, but it didn't sustain my attention.
    Welcome return for Mina Anwar (Officer Habib in "The Thin Blue Line"), so with David Haig, two of 'em in this from that series
    Actually, I'd rather see repeats of that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ollie_h19 wrote: »
    I now cant wait to watch this on iPlayer tomorrow. Shades of 'When The Whistle Blows', perchance?

A little bit. Everyone shouting instead of talking is one thing in common, and the lack of humour of course.
  • Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,706
    Forum Member
    John Dough wrote: »
    glad your mother enjoyed it but am mystified why
    Me too, but good that is has an audience that does so the money is not a complete waste.
  • Options
    Mr DangerousMr Dangerous Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    John Dough wrote: »
    It's typical of the sneery lot on here not to find anything funny:rolleyes:glad your mother enjoyed it but am mystified why........:cool::o:confused:

She's 83....
  • Options
    RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    crowby1 wrote: »
    SHOUTY SHOUTY David Haig, shouty shouty shout, overacting, overacting, overacting, poorly dropped in observational humour, bad bad bad canned laughter, politically correct box ticked in the first 10 seconds with blatant explaining of his daughter living with her lesbian partner. The usual shower of ridiculous middle class charicatures we are used to seeing in BBC sh*tcoms.

Ben Elton, retire with some dignity, oh dear, too late.

BBC / GOLD stop giving David Haig lead roles in comedies, he isn't funny and his ridiculous shouty overacting would cancel out any comedy in the script, if there were any, which there isn't.

To summarise in the style of the daughter's lesbian partner, "duh!! Hash tag load of crap, hash tag beneltonstoppedbeingfunnyaround1994"

Yeah, Haig stunk up the remake of Yes Minister too. He was the same in that.
  • Options
    zebedeezebedee Posts: 792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well the Beeb obviously have a lot of faith in it putting it out at erm, 10:35 on a Tuesday :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    Ollie_h19 wrote: »

Compared to this, When The Whistle Blows was Rose D'Or worthy.
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Sign Zone version might add hidden physical comedy depth.

A charming retreat into awful awful 90s sitcoms. Incomparably awful
  • Options
    heskethbangheskethbang Posts: 4,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was alright actually....
  • Options
    mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    feng wrote: »
    Aren't they the same person? She and Ben Elton?

No you are thinking of Sue Perkins and Colin Murray, separated at birth. :)
  • Options
    BeachhhhhhhBeachhhhhhh Posts: 475
    Forum Member
    Give the bloody thing a chance its only just started.
    Episode One!
    I thought it was funny.