Options

JLS to split.

Comments

• Options
    ChateauMarmontChateauMarmont Posts: 2,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    About time :D

Never liked them on X-Factor, they seemed too confident of themselves, and certainly don't like them now. Everyone who likes a boyband moved onto The Wanted or One Direction.

I'm pleased they're breaking up!
  • Options
    gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And not a single f*ck was given
  • Options
    divingbboydivingbboy Posts: 14,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *dons black armband*

Oh, the humanity!!!!!!
  • Options
    scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the problem with JLS is that they've never really had an undoubtedly HUGE signature tune that is remembered after it leaves the charts. Sure, they've had five #1s, but who could actually name more than one or two of them other than a proper JLS fan? They needed a song like Bleeding Love or What Makes You Beautiful.
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As was once said,JLS equals Just Lousy Singers. Good riddance to 'em.
  • Options
    RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    their singles were:

Beat Again
    Everybody In Love
    One Shot
    The Club Is Alive
    Eyes Wide Shut
    She Makes Me Wanna
    Take A Chance On Me
    Do You Feel What I Feel
    Proud
    Hottest Girl In The World
    Hold Me Down

5 no1's, 10 top 10's...not bad going chart wise.

while the above list is by no means classic pop, and most will be forgotten...that list is as credible (in terms of chart positions at least) as other bands Greatest Hits such as 5ive, Atomic Kitten, SClub7 etc

Your right, I can't deny their chart success. In fact they currently hold the record for X-Factor act with the most number ones. No easy feat, topping Olly, Leona, 1D and their years winner, Alexandra.

But I stick to my statement. They never brought anything great to the table. Every single one of them songs are generic, processed and autotuned (minus Everybody in love, which I actually quite like). That doesn't make a greatest hits, it makes a capital radio playlist
  • Options
    HMOHMO Posts: 42,518
    Forum Member
    scratchy23 wrote: »
    I think the problem with JLS is that they've never really had an undoubtedly HUGE signature tune that is remembered after it leaves the charts. Sure, they've had five #1s, but who could actually name more than one or two of them other than a proper JLS fan? They needed a song like Bleeding Love or What Makes You Beautiful.

I'm pretty sure songs like She Makes Me Wanna and Beat Again are memorable. Also, that song 'Proud' which they did for Sport Relief last year.
  • Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    their singles were:

Beat Again
    Everybody In Love
    One Shot
    The Club Is Alive
    Eyes Wide Shut
    She Makes Me Wanna
    Take A Chance On Me
    Do You Feel What I Feel
    Proud
    Hottest Girl In The World
    Hold Me Down

5 no1's, 10 top 10's...not bad going chart wise.

while the above list is by no means classic pop, and most will be forgotten...that list is as credible (in terms of chart positions at least) as other bands Greatest Hits such as 5ive, Atomic Kitten, SClub7 etc

I thought there was one missing and have wracked my brain - Love You More ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    12 songs there plus 1 new song (maybe 2/3 on the deluxe) makes a very bare Greatest Hits.
  • Options
    kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    12 singles + 3 new songs is perfectly adequate. That's exactly the same as Girls Aloud's first greatest hits. Although the songs obviously aren't as good as Girls Aloud's.
  • Options
    divingbboydivingbboy Posts: 14,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If only there was some kind of annual talent search to help find a band to replace them.
  • Options
    WafcSeanWafcSean Posts: 490
    Forum Member
    mizhog wrote: »
    you make all those videos?? You sir are very talented and hilarious....Please tell me you write comedy for TV!? If not you should! :cool:

I don't make all of them, just that one, they're easy to make. :D
  • Options
    ML11ML11 Posts: 888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jumped up

Little

Shits
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nah, hopefully they'll split in the next few days or weeks :D I'm sick of seeing them everywhere!

:D:D:D

Exactly. The Saturdays had been written off as flops ever since Wordshaker (second album) flopped. Even I wrote them off as flops back then and I'm a fan! Then the third single from On Your Radar flopped and they were written off then as well. Now they're successful again and managed to get their first No 1 :cool: I really hope the new album does well if it ever comes out.

I wouldn`t get too excited about them just yet, just cause they had a successful single making #1 hardly means the rest of the era will be,
  • Options
    SpencerLeveySpencerLevey Posts: 1,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sad to seem them split, they need make goods BOPS in their earlier career.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sad news the saturdays are next to go they are hanging on though.
  • Options
    rikstan87rikstan87 Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what about the condom range? i hope they dont split :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sad news the saturdays are next to go they are hanging on though.

Good.
  • Options
    Harper_MilneHarper_Milne Posts: 2,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Noone cares about them anymore, when was the last time they were relevant? Girls have moved onto 1d. Theyll sure to be back in a few years for the big reunion series 4 and people will get nostalgic about them and love them again.
  • Options
    WafcSeanWafcSean Posts: 490
    Forum Member
    Noone cares about them anymore, when was the last time they were relevant? Girls have moved onto 1d. Theyll sure to be back in a few years for the big reunion series 4 and people will get nostalgic about them and love them again.

There's not much to get nostalgic about is there? They only made about 3 decent songs which charted particularly well. And also gave us one of the worst songs ever in "The Club Is Alive".
  • Options
    hannahhannah Posts: 13,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish it One Direction splitting up and not JLS. Im so glad I got JLS tickets now because even though its going to their last ever tour it will be very good.
  • Options
    twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    divingbboy wrote: »
    If only there was some kind of annual talent search to help find a band to replace them.

You forgot the winky smiley ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I quite liked JLS. They seemed alot more humble and "cool" than One Direction and The Wanted, but also very lazy.

They had a ton of buzz around them on X-Factor and could probably have been a massive urban/r'n'b group but instead chose to release mushy predictable ballads and generic club songs for three years. No wonder their album sales were getting worse.
  • Options
    londongirlGrelondongirlGre Posts: 23,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone think that the following happened?: JLS were told by Epic, that they weren't going to renew, their contract. This might have lead to JLS deciding that there was no point in trying to find a new record label and decided to split up.
  • Options
    rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not particularly surprised.