Options

Hen party obliterated on M62 by Lorry

Breaking news on Sky and BBC. Looks nasty. Lots of ambulances and police units in attendance.

Lorry driver has been arrested

Looks like a hen party in a minibus was on the exit slip road and the lorry has slammed into the back. One dead, 25 injured, many seriously.

Comments

• Options
    Tom_TitTom_Tit Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    One dead and 25 injured according to Sky. :(
  • Options
    Mrs BBVMrs BBV Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice choice of verb there. You sound like a headline writer for a local rag. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    James RalstonJames Ralston Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    The M62 has been a very dangerous piece of motorway for decades. Why ? - because there's roadworks on there for the past 25 years.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 480
    Forum Member
    Just read about this, what a terrible accident, I never feel safe on this road.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The M62 has been a very dangerous piece of motorway for decades. Why ? - because there's roadworks on there for the past 25 years.

And because where that accident happened there is a lot of juggling lanes. I drove that on motorway every evening for a year when I had to commute from Bolton to Leeds and it used to scare me to death.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,296
    Forum Member
    Mrs BBV wrote: »
    Nice choice of verb there. You sound like a headline writer for a local rag. :rolleyes:

:( :mad: Yes. Did you have to use that word?
  • Options
    PencilBreathPencilBreath Posts: 3,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mini bus smacked from behind by farmfoods artic looks like it came off the elevated run off. not pretty.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

100pc correct.

This incident is 5 miles from my house and I am hugely concerned as a lot of people I know use this strecth of the M62.

Roadworks have been in operation for most of my life :eek:

Thoughts are with those involved :(
  • Options
    Mike_LitorisMike_Litoris Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    The back looks pretty mashed. Usually on these things, does the bride/'hen' not sit on the back seat in the middle?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Breaking news on Sky and BBC. Looks nasty. Lots of ambulances and police units in attendance.

Looks like a hen party in a minibus was on the exit slip road and the lorry has slammed into the back. One dead, 25 injured, many seriously.

your username is offensive to me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Looking at his posting history I don't think he's going to be with us for much longer.
  • Options
    Tom_TitTom_Tit Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    I like his username. His choice of words for the thread title is poor though.
  • Options
    ChickenWingsChickenWings Posts: 2,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Police still everywhere around here, most ambulances have gone now. Was a lot of helicopter activity here earlier on. Police have done a press conference within the last hour but missed the first part of it.
  • Options
    lovedoctor1978lovedoctor1978 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is an accident every single day on this motorway. It was only a matter of time before this happened.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Looking at his posting history I don't think he's going to be with us for much longer.

?!

A) Why are you raking through my posting history?

B) Which one if my TWO prior posts has caused you such anguish?
  • Options
    f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not a surprise.

I use it daily and the West Yorkshire M62 has been a deadly run for a number of years now.

The never ending roadworks don't help either, and its not surprising at all for it to be a lorry that appears to have caused it - the biggies always seem to be instigated by them.

Forver hanging on peoples bumper in the 50mph zone, pulling out without warning to overtake another lorry at a gaining speed of less than 1mph. More of them should be booked for poor driving.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ?!

lol. all 5 posts!

bye mike :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ?!

Hardly raking as there are only 5 and I don't expect you to be around long as you have an interesting turn of phrase that I don't expect will be widely appreciated.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lol. all 5 posts!

bye mike :rolleyes:
    Hardly raking as there are only 5 and I don't expect you to be around long as you have an interesting turn of phrase that I don't expect will be widely appreciated.

:confused:

Ok.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some idiot on my Facebook is moaning because he can't get to Xscape for his tea :rolleyes:

Unsubscribed
  • Options
    darkislanddarkisland Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Very poor username taste IMHO.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    Yeah, a couple of my friends on Facebook are moaning about all the resultant traffic and them struggling to get home. Someone commented to one of them "Have a heart, a woman has died and others are badly injured" to which she replied "Sod them, I want my tea".:eek:
  • Options
    shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

As others have said, your choice of words in the title is, quite frankly appalling. And your username should be banned for just being pathetic.
  • Options
    kaiserbeekaiserbee Posts: 4,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    darkisland wrote: »
    Very poor username taste IMHO.

Completely agree.
  • Options
    ChickenWingsChickenWings Posts: 2,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Weird. The OP's username would usually get a round of applause on one of those "what are your favorite usernames on DS?" threads -- in fact I recognise some people from that thread in here, where they "liked" rude/crude usernames that were a play on words previously.

Is it because of the topic of the thread?

A complete change of heart/sense of humour?

Or is it bandwagonism?

Hmmmmmm. Weird.....

I know which one I find more likely.