Options

BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 54)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Artemesia wrote: »
    No Doods, it was in Manchester, but strange how often Greece has figured in my life before coming to live here.
    It was presumably the Greek God, Hermes, but we didn't do Greek so they gave the statues their Roman equivalent names.
    I chose French and still have a fair amount of it.
    Well done on the fairy lights. We have a light tree on our balcony and it is so pretty and mood-enhancing.

ah right. yes i think i remember you saying greece has been a recurring theme. starting with that lovely old house at school!

there's an everything shop on the corner here and i thought they might sell fairy lights. it looked like they'd just got a batch in because i've not seen that display before.
    acker wrote: »
    Thats Mars doods :)....are you Bonnie Tyler ?

did she sing lost on mars? lost in space? i don't know enough about bonnie tyler. no, actually i think i know enough about bonnie tyler :D
  • Options
    HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    Evening All.:-)))))
    doodle doo wrote: »
    i've got new fairy lights! :-D:-D they're red, yellow, green and blue golf ball shaped ones, about the size of a chickpea. i'm not sure they're quite as bright as the old fashioned bulb type ones (these are LED) but they're cheery :-)
    Evening Doods.:-)))))))))

With LED lights at least they won't go on you, some components may but not the LED.

And they should cost nothing to run either.
  • Options
    ackeracker Posts: 8,809
    Forum Member
    ah right. yes i think i remember you saying greece has been a recurring theme. starting with that lovely old house at school!

there's an everything shop on the corner here and i thought they might sell fairy lights. it looked like they'd just got a batch in because i've not seen that display before.

did she sing lost on mars? lost in space? i don't know enough about bonnie tyler. no, actually i think i know enough about bonnie tyler :D

" Lost in France "...( I wont post it * shudder * )...I loved " lost in space " ...used to watch it Sunday mornings ....after the Waltons. :o
  • Options
    honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member

She sung "lost in France" "the one about the egg" and she is doing Eurovision with a dirge. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqXk_FRw62Q
  • Options
    The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 202,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    " Lost in France "...( I wont post it * shudder * )...I loved " lost in space " ...used to watch it Sunday mornings ....after the Waltons. :o

Wot was the Drs full name ? .......... I'll bet you also love 'little house on the prairie' aswell ! :p

Hiya Ackers matey, & evening all :)
  • Options
    Forum Member

With Brigitta from the sound of music. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wot was the Drs full name ? .......... I'll bet you also love 'little house on the prairie' aswell ! :p

:confused: Was it Zachary?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

sure was ! ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hicky wrote: »

With LED lights at least they won't go on you, some components may but not the LED.

Evening Hicky. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

ah cool, thanks :) so what components might go? the fuse? the little power converter thingy? and presumably they won't get very hot.

ha ha! ah right. i can't imagine her singing a song called lost in france.
    She sung "lost in France" "the one about the egg" and she is doing Eurovision with a dirge. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqXk_FRw62Q

i heard out eurovision entry when it was announced. i forgot it was her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    sure was ! ;)

Anoraks...:p
  • Options
    HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    Evening Hicky. :-)
    Evening acker.:-)))))))
    ah cool, thanks :-) so what components might go? the fuse? the little power converter thingy? and presumably they won't get very hot.

The fuse shouldn't go, only in the event of a problem, short circuit.
    LED's run very cool, the power converter could develop a fault, a bad connection within the wiring of the cable that connects the LEDs..

The last coloured fairy lights i have outside can be connected together and you can have 5,000 LEDs on the one power plug.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ah cool, thanks :) so what components might go? the fuse? the little power converter thingy? and presumably they won't get very hot.

Just when you thought there couldnt be a worse song in all of the world " , " looking for a hero " totally eclipsed it .
  • Options
    Flora PosteFlora Poste Posts: 18,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That's the first time I have heard that, its not too bad, we have entered a lot worse :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Evening Sleeps, don't often see you in these parts, how are you doing? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's the first time I have heard that, its not too bad, we have entered a lot worse :D

Right said Fred ? :p:D

Edit Hiya Flora, I'm doing fine ta ! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member

Not as good as Cliff.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Right said Fred ? :p:D

I dont remember Bernard Cribbins being in it. :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont remember Bernard Cribbins being in it. :confused:

me neither ! :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening acker.:-)))))))

The fuse shouldn't go, only in the event of a problem, short circuit.
    LED's run very cool, the power converter could develop a fault, a bad connection within the wiring of the cable that connects the LEDs..

The last coloured fairy lights i have outside can be connected together and you can have 5,000 LEDs on the one power plug.

my little display is starting to feel pathetic :D that's good to know though, i might buy another set for somewhere else so i can feel like i'm living in a fairground!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm living in a fairground!

Fairground Attraction, an Eddi Reader fan ? :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭