Options

White Britons a minority by 2066

Comments

• Options
    riceutenriceuten Posts: 5,876
    Forum Member
    I wish it didn't for me but culturally it does, a lot of people in Britain fail to understand that plenty of migrants be they from Afghanistan or Nigeria or even Bulgaria are coming from nations where violent crime is rife and where women/gays are absolutely intolerable. When these people are imported we're not just importing them but their culture also and it's a dangerous path to take.

Which is why, after years of "immigration being out of control" (your pathetic party's words, not mine), has violent crime has fallen in the UK? Sorry to burst your bubble or provide evidence that doesn't fit your bigotry, but there you go.
    Sweden/Norway are currently having to re-think their whole migration process as recently it was discovered that the majority of violent crime in Oslo and Stockholm is being committed by non-scandinavians.
    I'm not tarring you necessarily with this brush, because I don't know what your background or politics are, but outside of Wiki, the only source I could find for this was that paragon of truth and inclusivity, the BNP website.

'Nuff said
  • Options
    CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    trunkster wrote: »
    Does religion matter as well?

It shouldn't.
  • Options
    Thomas007Thomas007 Posts: 14,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would presume most people in the UK are pro-diversity due to the popularity of Obama here.
  • Options
    smudges dadsmudges dad Posts: 36,989
    Forum Member
    Styles wrote: »
    A more "diverse" society means a move divisive and fractured society.

A more diverse society should mean that people are aware of differences and accepting of them. Unfortunately some people seem to think only a monoculture should exist - a bit like North Korea?
  • Options
    trunkstertrunkster Posts: 14,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moggio wrote: »
    It's okay if you're the majority then. Am I right? Right?

No it's not alright, but it's wrong to accuse anyone who questions uncontrolled immigration and the speed and volume of it these last 50/60 years of being a right wing racist. The half baked rubbish that this country has been a country of migrants for 2000 years up and till the last century is both preposterous and untrue.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cryolemon wrote: »
    It shouldn't.

Yet religion has been more diversive and caused more wars than skin colour these last 2000 years
  • Options
    spaniel-loverspaniel-lover Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Nick1966Nick1966 Posts: 15,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    White Britons a minority by 2066
    Does it matter ?

If I'm white British. I live in London where there are variety of backgrounds. Culturally and linguistically, I do not feel threatened. I have roof over my head, a job, there's a food in the supermarket and my house is supplied with running drinking water and other utilities. I can ask for no more.
  • Options
    helioslumoshelioslumos Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No it's not alright, but it's wrong to accuse anyone who questions uncontrolled immigration and the speed and volume of it these last 50/60 years of being a right wing racist. The half baked rubbish that this country has been a country of migrants for 2000 years up and till the last century is both preposterous and untrue.

I questioned yesterday whether your were a troll or deluded. You are deluded. Britain has had a flourishing culture of immigration, fuelled primarly by ongoing wars and conquests of the Romans, Normans etc. We also imported black slaves, precisely for our economic benefit. If you ignore this then you are ignoring history
  • Options
    helioslumoshelioslumos Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yet religion has been more diversive and caused more wars than skin colour these last 2000 years

Not true. It is power, glory and greed, and the things done in the name of them, that have caused so many wars and deaths throughout history. Religion was just a manifestation of that
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh no, not the tired old 'define Briton' and 'we're all immigrants' lines from the left/liberals:yawn:

I wish I had a spare £170, as that's what it costs to get your DNA tested, then this 'we're all immigrants' crap could be put to bed - well at least with regards to myself.
    http://www.britainsdna.com/
  • Options
    PrestonAlPrestonAl Posts: 10,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish I had a spare £170, as that's what it costs to get your DNA tested, then this 'we're all immigrants' crap could be put to bed - well at least with regards to myself.

We are all immigrants though. It all depends on time.
  • Options
    GreatGodPanGreatGodPan Posts: 53,186
    Forum Member

You think the conquering peoples/tribes that have come here over the millennia is a myth then?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rusty123 wrote: »
    Define Briton?

Do you mean proper ancient gingers, or those of us who are descended from Roman, Norman, Saxon, Viking etc etc stock.

It's not even a new statistic. The white "Brit" apparently makes up less than 50% of the population of London and has done for a while. In America apparently more non white babies are being born than white ones these days but ultimately....

....who cares?

Comparing us with the USA is like comparing apples with pears; we all know that the original inhabitants of the Americas were practically wiped out by European settlers, liberals/leftists obviously believe in 'an eye for an eye' in this matter, which contradicts their protestations of how, well, er, liberal they are.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I questioned yesterday whether your were a troll or deluded. You are deluded. Britain has had a flourishing culture of immigration, fuelled primarly by ongoing wars and conquests of the Romans, Normans etc. We also imported black slaves, precisely for our economic benefit. If you ignore this then you are ignoring history

You're the deluded one
  • Options
    CharlotteswebCharlottesweb Posts: 18,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PrestonAl wrote: »
    Quite so. The free movement thingy we have is only workable if movement goes both ways between the countries. Otherwise it causes social problems of all sorts.

Me, no issues with the colour of a persons skin. Makes no odds to me.

The other thing now compared to when my parents came over is that the world is a much smaller place.

The decision to move here was not something to take lightly, there were no phone calls to family, no skyping to say hello or any of the things people take for granted these days, my father died without ever going back to see his brothers or even to his parents funerals , my mother didnt get to see her family again until she was in her 70's, it was a very permanent move.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You think the conquering peoples/tribes that have come here over the millennia is a myth then?

You cannot compare a steady small flow of people from almost identical ethnic groups coming here over very long periods of time, with a huge influx of people from very different ethnic groups coming here in a short space of time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Why on earth would I need my DNA testing? I feel British, and I am British.
    But you can still send me the £170 if you like.
  • Options
    CharlotteswebCharlottesweb Posts: 18,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You cannot compare a steady small flow of people from almost identical ethnic groups coming here over very long periods of time, with a huge influx of people from very different ethnic groups coming here in a short space of time.

Given Trunkster wont answer me.

I'll ask you

How has my being Black affected you at any point? What danger has the colour of my skin brought to your doorstep?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What conquering people & tribes?
  • Options
    RichievillaRichievilla Posts: 6,179
    Forum Member
    As others have said the colour of one's skin is irrelevant to anybody except ignorant racists. You should judge people on what they are like as a person as skin colour is irrelevant.

I feel sorry for anybody that does not bother to converse or integrate with other people just because they are an immigrant or a different colour (I would apply the same logic to the minority of immigrants who make no effort to integrate). I was the ethnic minority in most of my basketball teams and there were people from various ethnic backgrounds on my degree course and we all got on fine as, unlike the ignorant racists, we actually made an effort.

The way these racists prattle on you would think that we had the biggest share of "foreigners" in the world. However, if you look at figures from the OECD there are 14 countries (of 31) with a bigger foreign born population as a percentage of the total population. I would say we have pretty much the right balance and this scaremongering from the extreme right wing is all rather sad.

Rather than moan about others who are from a different ethnic background or who are of a different skin colour, I would urge these people to open their minds and make an effort as their lives will be the better for it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'll ask you

How has my being Black affected you at any point? What danger has the colour of my skin brought to your doorstep?

Why should I answer a question I didn't ask?
  • Options
    MoggioMoggio Posts: 4,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'll ask you

Obviously his melanin deficiency makes him feel inferior. Poor guy :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moggio wrote: »
    Obviously his melanin deficiency makes him feel inferior. Poor guy :cry:

Now your the one bringing skin colour into the argument, how strange.
  • Options
    smudges dadsmudges dad Posts: 36,989
    Forum Member
    Now your the one bringing skin colour into the argument, how strange.

Did you miss the thread title?