Options

The Daily Pwice

Comments

• Options
    notfussynotfussy Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which is why it needs to be demystified.
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not many people know or understand the daily issues a parent with a child with autism and complex needs faces.. And i applaud anyone who is open and honest enough to admit that struggle

I agree with you . Katie Price was and is the only celeb who, despite all the venom and ridicule takes her son out and brings disibility to the forefront. If she kept him out of sight I imagine there would be those posters who would accuse her of hiding him, being ashamed of him etc.
    She is in a no win situation here. but at least with Harvey, and her stance I kinda admire her.
  • Options
    jannajanna Posts: 7,323
    Forum Member
    notfussy wrote: »
    Oh, and the Evelina are awesome, they gave my daughter the best cardiac care possible. Good on Kate for praising them.

I'm fully aware of the work Evelina do & how awesome they are since my local hospital has worked in conjunction with them. That doesn't justify the trashy pink freak using them to put Harvey's name out there for more abuse.
    It was not her place to bandy that childs name & circumstances around on an abusive site.
    She used that child to put something positive on twitter & draw all the " Oh Katie I wuv you....SO kind,SO caring ..." carp from her sycophants.
    No other reason.
  • Options
    jannajanna Posts: 7,323
    Forum Member
    Which is why it needs to be demystified.

There is no mystery about the needs of autistic children in this day & age unless one lives in a cave.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My Autistic children wear nappies and hit/kick/bite other people.
    They also lick windows.

Oh sorry, am I supposed to cringe with shame about the fact they have a structural brain disability that causes them to behave differently? Personally I prefer people to know the issues, to end the ignorance.

You'll always get bigots who no matter how much they are told they will never learn...

Breath of fresh air, only thing wrong with these kids are the people who categorise them and think they should hide away the conditions autism deals them every single day !!
  • Options
    Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    janna wrote: »
    There is no mystery about the needs of autistic children in this day & age unless one lives in a cave.

Sadly Janna there are still a lot of people who are ignorant about Autism and many don't understand the different types of autism or the complex issues there can be
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    janna wrote: »

What utter rubbish. Unless you consider the gawping, loud negative comments, criminally damaging our property and spitting at us to be from an entirely informed viewpoint of course.

Disability hatred is on the rise.
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My Autistic children wear nappies and hit/kick/bite other people.
    They also lick windows.

Oh sorry, am I supposed to cringe with shame about the fact they have a structural brain disability that causes them to behave differently? Personally I prefer people to know the issues, to end the ignorance.

You'll always get bigots who no matter how much they are told they will never learn...
    Oh, and the Evelina are awesome, they gave my daughter the best cardiac care possible. Good on Kate for praising them.

Well said, notfussy. For the majority, information is welcomed and collectively, it helps create a more enlightened response to disability. The idea that a tiny % of bigoted morons should dictate or influence what you can and can't talk about publicly as far as your children are concerned is a ridiculous one - and one that, btw, allows the bigots to believe they have the upper hand. As if.

As far as KP goes, really, what has she done here other than praise a service that helped a friend of her son's? Not getting the outrage.
  • Options
    Willow33Willow33 Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What utter rubbish. Unless you consider the gawping, loud negative comments, criminally damaging our property and spitting at us to be from an entirely informed viewpoint of course.

I would call that ignorance.. not mystery. Some people are so ignorant about disabilities and they don't want to know, they think they know it already.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

As a support worker ..I can back your post comments 100% I have been told I shouldn't be out with the person I support..because they don't like seeing them.. Makes my blood boil..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a support worker ..I can back your post comments 100% I have been told I shouldn't be out with the person I support..because they don't like seeing them.. Makes my blood boil..

Told by who Betty? How ignorant some people are.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FWIW Kate does plenty I find objectionable - her view that anyone can be successful shows ignorance in itself of situations like mine, when you have multiple children with disability, and no money behind you to buy in help so you end up doing the care yourself at the expense of career, physical and mental health.

That's one thing of many that I don't agree with.

But the outrage at her increasing awareness of disability and clinical excellence - I don't get it at all.

For anyone who thinks I'm on a massive downer about my kids by the way I'm not. They are the best thing that ever happened to me and they make me proud every day - but I won't sugar coat it and make it seem that life with children with complex needs is rosy - it's not, and most of the hardest issues stem from not having the kind of financial setup Kate has.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Willow33 wrote: »
    Told by who Betty? How ignorant some people are.

Sadly the general public Willow.. I have been asked to leave restaurants with a person because they were noisy and people complained .. Yes it is ignorance but as has been pointed out crimes agains the disabled is on the rise
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've had better, I'm a scrounging b**** apparently and I've had my kids diagnosed to make money out of them (!) (cos doctors do that), we're parasites, drain on society and the government shouldn't have to pay for us.

As I say we've been spat at, had our motability vehicle damaged whilst we were sitting in it, the kids regularly get called retards...

Should have had abortions, by the way - or midwives should have done what they did in the old days and disposed of them. Considering the disabilities the kids have aren't detectable antenatally or at birth I'd like to know how that can be achieved.

Anyway - rant over.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Noyfissy
    Katie has often said how lucky she is to be able to afford the support she gets .. It sad that you have to be well off to get the support you need and deserve
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've had better, I'm a scrounging b**** apparently and I've had my kids diagnosed to make money out of them (!) (cos doctors do that), we're parasites, drain on society and the government shouldn't have to pay for us.

As I say we've been spat at, had our motability vehicle damaged whilst we were sitting in it, the kids regularly get called retards...

Should have had abortions, by the way - or midwives should have done what they did in the old days and disposed of them. Considering the disabilities the kids have aren't detectable antenatally or at birth I'd like to know how that can be achieved.

Anyway - rant over.

I'm so sorry you have been treated that way..it makes me sick that anyone can think having a disabled child is about making money.. Shows how little these idiots know and understand .. Never apologise for having a rant..you are entitled to it..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly the general public Willow.. I have been asked to leave restaurants with a person because they were noisy and people complained .. Yes it is ignorance but as has been pointed out crimes agains the disabled is on the rise

That is disgusting, it should not be allowed happen. I have been out in public with several at a time and we always got a welcome reception, VIP treatment and general praise of the way we cared and looked after these people (in my case they were adults) Thankfully I have never come across anyone so ignorant. Something needs to be done.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Willow33 wrote: »
    That is disgusting, it should not be allowed happen. I have been out in public with several at a time and we always got a welcome reception, VIP treatment and general praise of the way we cared and looked after these people (in my case they were adults) Thankfully I have never come across anyone so ignorant. Something needs to be done.

I agree with you Willow.. And it needs to be done soon.. We have also been to places and been treated brilliantly so there is some great people out there ..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's funny but it's her brassy brazen in your face attitude that is so offensive, yet she is the same pushy brazen unapologetic person when she has Harvey with her. At the risk of offending everyone on this thread, I like that about her.
  • Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »
    It's funny but it's her brassy brazen in your face attitude that is so offensive, yet she is the same pushy brazen unapologetic person when she has Harvey with her. At the risk of offending everyone on this thread, I like that about her.

She just seems like a stupid, self-centred person to me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    She just seems like a stupid, self-centred person to me.

I'm sure you are right. She is a fair representation of our society . I know quite a lot of similar women. :) she has not denied her son tho. I'm a foster mum of 40 years to children dumped by lesser mothers than her. I know a great deal more about autism etc because of her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    OMG, ha ha, has anyone seen this??! :eek: Francine Lewis, who did the brilliant impressions (including Jordan) on BGT, actually used to be a close friend of KP's.....and she has done a hilarious spoof video of her called 'Glamour Girl' :eek: (shouldn't that be 'Glamma'? :D).

http://www.reveal.co.uk/showbiz-celeb-gossip/news/a477239/bgts-francine-lewis-katie-price-has-changed-100-per-cent.html

Soooo funny :D.

She is also friends with Gary & Phil :eek:.....and Pete :D.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Well said, notfussy. For the majority, information is welcomed and collectively, it helps create a more enlightened response to disability. The idea that a tiny % of bigoted morons should dictate or influence what you can and can't talk about publicly as far as your children are concerned is a ridiculous one - and one that, btw, allows the bigots to believe they have the upper hand. As if.

As far as KP goes, really, what has she done here other than praise a service that helped a friend of her son's? Not getting the outrage.

Agree again Lexi.

There are a million and one things to bash KP for but this isn't one of them imo.

I don't like her as I might have mentioned before but there are still things she does and says that don't deserve criticism. Not liking someone doesn't mean our views of them have to be black and white, there are many grey areas as well.

I'll happy roll my eyes at KP and her fellow zelebs when they do something worthy of eyerolling but I refuse to find fault in every teeny, tiny little thing they do just because they are who they are
  • Options
    sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was thinking about her new husband, he doesn't appear to be flaunting his new found stardom like her past men, maybe he's a keeper
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scone wrote: »
    I was thinking about her new husband, he doesn't appear to be flaunting his new found stardom like her past men, maybe he's a keeper

I like the fact he has kept on working..
This discussion has been closed.