Options

Recommendations on Netflix

Comments

• Options
    EbanEban Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    No subtitles on Apple TV

It depends in fact. There are subtitles on The Hunger Games for example, not on Criminal Minds.
  • Options
    BrolacBrolac Posts: 496
    Forum Member
    Hate the subs on english speakers too, they're waay too distracting.
  • Options
    ovbgovbg Posts: 1,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Samsung smart TV platform has the ability to switch on/off subtitles or change them. Although there is often the chance to switch off, for Seven Psychopaths there was only the option to switch between Spanish and Portuguese subtitles.

That was especially annoying.
  • Options
    Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    Eban wrote: »
    It depends in fact. There are subtitles on The Hunger Games for example, not on Criminal Minds.

Maybe but I was replying to the poster saying he wasn't going to watch 7 psycos because of the subtitles.
  • Options
    frankiepigeonfrankiepigeon Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    Paranorman is now on NF USA

The recent Nicole Kidman / Zac Efron film, The Paperboy will be on NF USA too next week apparently.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Maybe but I was replying to the poster saying he wasn't going to watch 7 psycos because of the subtitles.

I wont either till it comes to a predominantly english speaking region.
  • Options
    EbanEban Posts: 253
    Forum Member

So ? I was giving an additional information for those who are not familiar with other regions? ..........

Hemlock Grove, new Netflix original series, is available on all Netflix regions since April 19th.

For the fans of the Scream movies (ahhh the 90's...), Scream 4 is available on Netflix USA.

And Top Of The Lake.
  • Options
    dazbdazb Posts: 3,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whats a good dns server from america to use on uk PS3, the one i have at the moment is very slow,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What you should do use a smart DNS service. It is much faster than a VPN and you have the opportunity to switch Netflix libraries at will.

There are a lot out there, and many people will recommend the one they use. Generally speaking most of the big ones do the job pretty well. I use Overplay and am really happy with it. For more details, you can always check out the Netflix review on my blog which describes the benefits of this over a VPN quite well.
  • Options
    -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    dazb wrote: »
    Whats a good dns server from america to use on uk PS3, the one i have at the moment is very slow,

Most definitely Unblock-Us as you not only get access to the US, but 10 Netflix regions in total from the same DNS setting by using their Netflix region selector.
    You get a free 7 day trial then its $4.99(£3.20ish) a month thereafter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    For those who haven't seen it,True Grit (2010) is on the Canada and US regions.
    For non-techies like me Unblock-Us is very easy to use.
  • Options
    dazbdazb Posts: 3,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So if you wanted to use Unblock-us on the PS3 would you have to configure the router or just the settings in the PS3, i have a HH3. Just tried clicking the link for configuring router on the homepage and came back invalid link. Im pretty sure i tried those dns numbers yesterday and it wouldnt let me enter netflix. Think i will just keep looking for some decent dns servers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You have to sign up to a service and not just enter DNS numbers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yep, you need to subscribe, Un block then give you their DNS settings for the PS3, its easy to do, just follow the video if your not sure.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dazb wrote: »
    So if you wanted to use Unblock-us on the PS3 would you have to configure the router or just the settings in the PS3, i have a HH3. Just tried clicking the link for configuring router on the homepage and came back invalid link. Im pretty sure i tried those dns numbers yesterday and it wouldnt let me enter netflix. Think i will just keep looking for some decent dns servers.

You can use it just on the PS3, but you need to follow instructions on the Homepage first 1) Enter email address, 2) Setup device(choose PS3 and follow instructional video), 3) select Netflix region.
    Simples :)

That's one of the best DNS services around and you'd be daft to look elsewhere, especially if your thinking of just using some random DNS numbers found on the net as the vast majority use unsecured servers.
  • Options
    dazn12dazn12 Posts: 6,912
    Forum Member
    The Paperboy now on US Netflix
  • Options
    c00kiemonster72c00kiemonster72 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    You can use it just on the PS3, but you need to follow instructions on the Homepage first 1) Enter email address, 2) Setup device(choose PS3 and follow instructional video), 3) select Netflix region.
    Simples :)

That's one of the best DNS services around and you'd be daft to look elsewhere, especially if your thinking of just using some random DNS numbers found on the net as the vast majority use unsecured servers.

2nd that for Unblock-Us:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ice Age 4:Continental Drift (2012) is now on NF Canada.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Also, ace time travel series "Continuum" just added to NF USA.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Storage 24 now on USA (premiered on Sky this weekend)
  • Options
    BlackSkyukBlackSkyuk Posts: 133
    Forum Member
    Anyone know which location "Justified" is on and what seasons?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    www.moreflicks.com

Select TV shows, un-tick everything but Netflix, then go by the countries one by one.
  • Options
    BlackSkyukBlackSkyuk Posts: 133
    Forum Member
    Thanks
    ovbg wrote: »
    www.moreflicks.com

Select TV shows, un-tick everything but Netflix, then go by the countries one by one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ovbg wrote: »
    www.moreflicks.com

You don't even need to do that.
    Just select Movies or TV Shows and once you've done your search just click the Netflix icon within the description and it gives a list of which regions you will find it on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^ it just gets better :)

Thanks for the tip Gonzo