Options

Scandal Season 2 (US Pace)

Comments

• Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought it was the last episode today because Epguides only listed 15 episode, but thankfully there are more, does anyone know how many more?

They ordered way more than the first series, so hopefully there will be 22.
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was the last episode today because Epguides only listed 15 episode, but thankfully there are more, does anyone know how many more?

They ordered way more than the first series, so hopefully there will be 22.

There's a full 22 but no new episodes until March 21 according to the sources I've read.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    There's a full 22 but no new episodes until March 21 according to the sources I've read.

Cheers, that's quite a wait.

Still it's good we've got a long season, it is a quality show.
  • Options
    postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A fairly low key episode by Scandal standard but there was still loads going on and the story is building nicely. It's just a shame that the episodes are so spread out at the moment.

Best bit: no Quinn at all :)

Had to bump this thread. Latest episode was cracking and it looks as though Quinn is going to be written out.

Does anyone know if season 2 is being aired in the UK?
  • Options
    rioniarionia Posts: 1,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    postit wrote: »
    Had to bump this thread. Latest episode was cracking and it looks as though Quinn is going to be written out.

Good. She served a plot purpose in S1 but has been a waste of space in S2.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rionia wrote: »

Apparently he's in episode airing 9 may in US
  • Options
    PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good. She served a plot purpose in S1 but has been a waste of space in S2.

I didn't like Quinn in S1 or for most of S2 up until the last few episodes... I really like her and Huck working together.
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PrincessTT wrote: »
    I didn't like Quinn in S1 or for most of S2 up until the last few episodes... I really like her and Huck working together.

BID ditto that to the max. :(

Avoided reading the spoiler but if she goes then the series will defn lose something, though I can't pin down the right word to describe it... darn it. :mad:
  • Options
    flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    He gets about Barrow man. Was a bit surprised to see him in Zero Dark Thirty.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Titbit. Behind the scenes working on Scandal

http://scandalmoments.tumblr.com/post/48731038622/scandal-spoiler-scoop-hint-john-barrowman

"I had a very difficult time getting through that day.....Recalling his first day on the Scandal set, “I finished filming [another show] at 1 am, went to the [Vancouver] airport for a 4 am check-in, got on a flight [to Los Angeles] at 6 am, got to the set of Scandal at 9 am and started shooting at 11:30 am. I was completely stressed out and tired.”
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This week's episode had me in bits. Finally get to understand Huck a little more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    This week's episode had me in bits. Finally get to understand Huck a little more.

I know what you mean. Huck's back story was heart breaking.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was good to find out about Huck's past... I think I'm a little bit in love with him.

I was in tears from the moment Liv said "you left me all alone" until the end of the episode, it was really emotional the whole way through.

Sometimes I think Shonda overdoes it with the speeches (in Scandal, Grey's & PP) but the ones last night from the Gladiators to Huck, from Liv to Fitz & from Fitz to Liv were perfect. Although Mellie has to be the speech queen... I don't like Mellie but when she delivers a speech she gets it just right, the actress is amazing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It was so sad. :cry: That Liz/Huck bond is something...everyone needs something like that. Can't wait for the other gladiators back stories.

Mellie better sleep with her one eye open. ;)
  • Options
    topgooner100topgooner100 Posts: 2,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally got to watch it Last night only recently caught up with the whole show I love it! Hucks been my favourite Gladiator from the start but his story was sooo sad I was in bits too Loved the scenes between all the characters some shows can overdo emotional stuff but this was perfectly done!

Can't believe there's only 3 more to go :( Mellies a right cow but Bellamy Young is amazing :)!

BTW why isn't this thread used more often!? Surely there's more Gladiators out there? :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mellie is a cow and I love Fitz & Olivia together, but I can see where Mellie is coming from... As unfortunate as it may be, Fitz can't have the presidency and have Liv. Is Mellie really wrong for trying to force his hand and make him choose?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know what you mean. Huck's back story was heart breaking.

I've loved Guillemo (sp) ever since he was in Weeds. He can play a mean man better than anyone I know!
  • Options
    humehume Posts: 2,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This show is quite addictive. It's not afraid to show the american legal system and the political classes as corrupt entities.

Another reason to love this show is Guillermo Diaz, who plays Huck. He's appeared briefly in the Shield and Weeds, and each time has delivered a memorable performance.

Olivia: Huck, I need to know if info on B16 was to go public.. how bad is it?

Huck: Let's just say, we did things that would make it hard for you to sing the national anthem and mean it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PrincessTT wrote: »
    Mellie is a cow and I love Fitz & Olivia together, but I can see where Mellie is coming from... As unfortunate as it may be, Fitz can't have the presidency and have Liv. Is Mellie really wrong for trying to force his hand and make him choose?

Depends how you look at it If its from an Olitz point of view than she's a total cow :D but yes you have a point there's no way he can have Presidency AND Liv but Mellies no saint either she can hardly claim to be the innocent one either :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Depends how you look at it If its from an Olitz point of view than she's a total cow :D but yes you have a point there's no way he can have Presidency AND Liv but Mellies no saint either she can hardly claim to be the innocent one either :)

Mellie is most definitely no saint, but Fitz knows exactly what she's like and all about her own political ambitions... Yet he still hands her the ammunition to destroy him.

Olitz are quite possibly my number 1 tv couple at the moment, but Fitz is a bit of an idiot in how he handles everything.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I use to like Olitz but now they are so burnt out. I think they've done everything they could have done to the couple. Fitz is not so charming anymore, he is a murderer, selfish and quite pathetic. He is also a cheat and hasn't treated Olivia with respect ever since the defiance fallout. He got Jake to spy on her for God's sake! It's always about him and his needs. It's time for Olivia to move on with someone that won't cause her any pain or stress. She is losing her true essence as a character especially when she revolves everything around Fitz. Olitz are doomed in my eyes. Their relationship is based on deceit and lies. How can they ever be truly happy?
  • Options
    tamibecketttamibeckett Posts: 5,261
    Forum Member
    I use to like Olitz but now they are so burnt out. I think they've done everything they could have done to the couple. Fitz is not so charming anymore, he is a murderer, selfish and quite pathetic. He is also a cheat and hasn't treated Olivia with respect ever since the defiance fallout. He got Jake to spy on her for God's sake! It's always about him and his needs. It's time for Olivia to move on with someone that won't cause her any pain or stress. She is losing her true essence as a character especially when she revolves everything around Fitz. Olitz are doomed in my eyes. Their relationship is based on deceit and lies. How can they ever be truly happy?

She kind of tried with Edison and well she did lie for two years about rigging the election.

Both of these people have hurt each other numerous times.

Shonda loves her couples drama....look at Meredith and Derek from Grey's Anatomy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my word, what an episode! I Don't know how to do spoilers, so I won't reveal anything, but the episode was certainly packed with surprises. I am so glad there is to be a season 3.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not seen it as yet but is it definitely confirmed about season 3? :)