Options

Is it just me or does anyone else on here really dislike Carla Connor?

Comments

• Options
    AndreaMCAndreaMC Posts: 3,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    albiex wrote: »
    Sounds like a classy sort of thing Carla herself would do. :(

This is too true:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing I have NEVER liked about Carla is her treatment of other people... Things go wrong for someone, even if its her friend (Maria) she just rubs salt in the wounds... If something goes wrong for her she is all 'woe is me' expecting sympathy and is shocked when people don't believe her or dislike her. No character is perfect and I appreciate flawed characters and probably should Carla because she is clearly liked and for good reasons. But I just don't like her and that is the main irritation that stands out for me.

This is precisely what I don't like about Carla. She has no empathy or consideration for anyone who holds no purpose for herself. She is as hard as nails when it comes to other people's welfare and soft as sh1te when its about her. She's a classic narcissist and is oblivious to the consequences of her actions on other people yet feels entitled to undivided understanding and concern when she herself is in difficulty, even from someone she has badly wronged herself. She's like a very spoilt pampered little princess who has been indulged to the point where she has no awareness that other people do not have to consider her before they consider themselves. I know there are people like this in life but I personally don't find them one bit interesting or amusing. I would rather wait until they grow up.:)
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AndreaMC wrote: »
    I'm very interested in this K9fan. I'd love to know more.:)

I don't remember the wording and did not interact with the posters; I just reported the posts as not being appropriate in an appreciation thread.

Carla has been and still is, or seems to be anyway, totally insensitive, going into a restaurant in which works her boyfriend's ex-wife and her former friend. There are other places to eat and drink, such as The Flying Horse and Delphines.
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,998
    Forum Member
    k9fan wrote: »
    I don't remember the wording and did not interact with the posters; I just reported the posts as not being appropriate in an appreciation thread.

Carla has been and still is, or seems to be anyway, totally insensitive, going into a restaurant in which works her boyfriend's ex-wife and her former friend. There are other places to eat and drink, such as The Flying Horse and Delphines.

Indeed but she's a kind soul who doesn't want Nick's Bistro to suffer just because Leanne can't move on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Indeed but she's a kind soul who doesn't want Nick's Bistro to suffer just because Leanne can't move on.

Nah, just insensitive.;) IMO.
  • Options
    NathanJohnsonNathanJohnson Posts: 2,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Leanne is such a kind soul. She practically blackmailed her own mother to leave Karl or she won't give her the money. :rolleyes: She is one to talk about Karl using Stella, like Leanne is only using Nick because she can't have Peter and nobody else wants her and Simon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Was very good of you K9fan, and I was v grateful for that at the time. And yes Carla is insensitive to a fault and pretty cruel to flaunt her and Peter's relationship in Leanne's face. After all he and Leanne would still be together if not for that cow. It's not enough that they even go there but they have to make suggestive comments and start snogging the face of each other in front of her too. That's pretty damn disrespectful:mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leanne is such a kind soul. She practically blackmailed her own mother to leave Karl or she won't give her the money. :rolleyes: She is one to talk about Karl using Stella, like Leanne is only using Nick because she can't have Peter and nobody else wants her and Simon.

That's just Leanne being caring. Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Was very good of you K9fan, and I was v grateful for that at the time. And yes Carla is insensitive to a fault and pretty cruel to flaunt her and Peter's relationship in Leanne's face. After all he and Leanne would still be together if not for that cow. It's not enough that they even go there but they have to make suggestive comments and start snogging the face of each other in front of her too. That's pretty damn disrespectful:mad:

I have to agree with you here. That's a first :eek: Poor Leanne is so clearly not over Peter it is a damn shame for her. Oh well :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully these type of events will help to educate her about what a sleazy, insincere, untrustworthy, seedy, snottery, pathological lowlife from the planet Dweebus that Peter Barlow is. I'm sure the first thing Carla did was to get him admitted to some ward where he could be efficiently neutered. Even though you'd be hard pressed to know the difference.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crikey my old thread has reappeared.

Well, I still don't like Carla and wish she was off my screen.
  • Options
    mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    Peter is a washed up, impotent, pathetic excuse for a bloke. A good kicking is something that wouldn't go amiss. Classy Carla deserves better - a lot better.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mo mouse wrote: »
    Peter is a washed up, impotent, pathetic excuse for a bloke. A good kicking is something that wouldn't go amiss. Classy Carla deserves better - a lot better.

mo mouse, that is twice today that I have agreed with you!:) (The first was about our Turry.)
  • Options
    mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    mo mouse, that is twice today that I have agreed with you!:) (The first was about our Turry.)

Everyone comes over to the dark side eventually.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrs Gordon is viler than a vile thing.
    Her first dead husband preferred Leanne ( along with his other call girls). Her second dead (intended) husband preferred Maria, so did her third dead husband.
    Trevor (the one that got away) preferred Janice.
    Not got a lot going for her, has she?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Her first dead husband preferred Leanne ( along with his other call girls). Her second dead (intended) husband preferred Maria, so did her third dead husband.

I don't know as she ended up with Peter :cool: Worth the wait I'd say.
  • Options
    smashboxsmashbox Posts: 4,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm certain Ali hasn't had botox :D

Yeah, and I just saw a wee piggy fly:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nope and how many times has she near run the facterah into the ground? Strong business women:D:D:D She always needs a man to come in and run things.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I know what you're talking about K9fan. Was it on Leanne's appreciation thread by any chance? I remember I had put on several posts at the time talking to other posters when some of Carla's fans attacked me over what I'd said about Carla and said they would like to throw a cup of piss over me!!!!!!!!. I wouldn't embarrass them now by naming names,lol, it's water under the bridge now.Anyway I thought it was a bit offensive at the time but before I knew what had happened the mods asked us to stop arguing and removed the offending posts, Which were not mine by the way:) Is that me sounding all hypocritical like Leanne now I suppose:rolleyes:

How vile! And sad that someone would say that, it's scary the lengths some people go to over these soap stars. Diisturbing indeed! Why on earth were they on the appreciation thread anyway, although I have seen some questionable posts there before:sleep:
  • Options
    big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    This is precisely what I don't like about Carla. She has no empathy or consideration for anyone who holds no purpose for herself. She is as hard as nails when it comes to other people's welfare and soft as sh1te when its about her. She's a classic narcissist and is oblivious to the consequences of her actions on other people yet feels entitled to undivided understanding and concern when she herself is in difficulty, even from someone she has badly wronged herself. She's like a very spoilt pampered little princess who has been indulged to the point where she has no awareness that other people do not have to consider her before they consider themselves. I know there are people like this in life but I personally don't find them one bit interesting or amusing. I would rather wait until they grow up.:)

See this is where it comes down to horses for courses. I actually agree with many of your points, but find her an interesting and engaging character regardless. She can be pretty selfish, and in real life most would probably roll their eyes at someone so self-involved.

However, I do see several likeable traits in her as well, and for me this is what makes her such a rounded character, one worth investing in. For example if she is an outside party observing some kind of confrontation or feud, she will often side with the underdog. I suppose in a way this is a sign of her ego being stroked, by befriending someone 'lower in the pecking order' than her. But then I think there are a select few who regardless of their status or personality she truly does respect and value, for example Hayley. She and Leanne are the only two of Carla's friendships I've ever really bought as genuine. Michelle, and Maria when she stepped in for a while, were/are perfect examples of being the devoted little lapdog, the queen's loyal sidekick. I've said it before and I continue to say it, ruining her friendship with Leanne likely beyond repair is one of the worst decisions they could have made for either character.

So to conclude, yeah I see the flaws. I don't think Carla is perfect. I also actually don't think getting her with Peter was worthwhile. But she is the kind of fictional character I find a joy to watch. Helps that I find Alison King absolutely stunning as well.
  • Options
    LakieLadyLakieLady Posts: 19,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could really say the same for pro-Leanne fans going onto hate Leanne threads and complaining and having a go at Carla. Everyone is as bad as each other, but Leanne deserves it the most because (in the words of mo mouse) she is a two bit brass.

I can't bear either of them. Is that wrong of me?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LakieLady wrote: »

Yes terribly wrong of you,lol. You have to choose:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    smashbox wrote: »
    How vile! And sad that someone would say that, it's scary the lengths some people go to over these soap stars. Diisturbing indeed! Why on earth were they on the appreciation thread anyway, although I have seen some questionable posts there before:sleep:

I can understand that the fans wish to be seen doing all they can to champion their big idol, but that was definitely going over the top to me. It's good to see such passion and enthusiasm but you have to remain civil and respectful to the other person at the same time. It's not always easy though:) I don't know why they needed to go on to Leanne's appreciation thread though, I know I don't even like to look at Carla's, it annoys me too much:D
  • Options
    pixiegirl123pixiegirl123 Posts: 15,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LakieLady wrote: »

How about this: I don't like Leanne most of the time, but have loved her at times, and am enjoying her standing up to Karl. I like Carla, but have hated her at times, mostly when she is stealing other peoples husbands. It seems I'm breaking the rules of DS :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    big dan wrote: »
    See this is where it comes down to horses for courses. I actually agree with many of your points, but find her an interesting and engaging character regardless. She can be pretty selfish, and in real life most would probably roll their eyes at someone so self-involved.

However, I do see several likeable traits in her as well, and for me this is what makes her such a rounded character, one worth investing in. For example if she is an outside party observing some kind of confrontation or feud, she will often side with the underdog. I suppose in a way this is a sign of her ego being stroked, by befriending someone 'lower in the pecking order' than her. But then I think there are a select few who regardless of their status or personality she truly does respect and value, for example Hayley. She and Leanne are the only two of Carla's friendships I've ever really bought as genuine. Michelle, and Maria when she stepped in for a while, were/are perfect examples of being the devoted little lapdog, the queen's loyal sidekick. I've said it before and I continue to say it, ruining her friendship with Leanne likely beyond repair is one of the worst decisions they could have made for either character.

So to conclude, yeah I see the flaws. I don't think Carla is perfect. I also actually don't think getting her with Peter was worthwhile. But she is the kind of fictional character I find a joy to watch. Helps that I find Alison King absolutely stunning as well.

I can quite understand that you as a man would prolly find Carla physically attractive, that's natural, but I'm sure you might concede, I don't know and I wouldn't put words into your mouth Dan, but if you didn't find her attractive at all, it's prolly unlikely that you would find Carla's sympathetic at all. I also don't agree with you about the Hayley thing, I don't see Carla treat Hayley as an equal, but as an inferior who will always aim to please and as someone who can be relied upon in certain circumstances which makes her a person of value to Carla. I don't think she has a great affection for anyone except the male partner, who is going to give her the praise and adulation she constantly requires as a narcissist.I think she would perhaps care for her own children but mostly the one who resembles herself the most physically. I do know a little about a person very like Carla, who is a very close relative and I can tell you, she is not an easy person to like and makes life very difficult for those around her. So maybe my special insight makes me despise Carla even more, i don't know,lol. :D