Options

Little Mix Discussion Thread - singles & upcoming debut album (Part 6)

Comments

• Options
    old mixerold mixer Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There have been occasions, when watching the girls performances, that I have felt something off ... and watching their acoustic version of HYD has brought me to realise what it is....
    I have no problems with their singing (brilliant), their various individual styles (clothing or hair) -- but what niggles me is when they are not all standing at the same height,,, In this performance two of them were wearing heels whilst the other two were not.. somehow it doesn't seem right/jars my sensibilities.
    I wonder if anyone else notices this (or not) ??
  • Options
    aldualdu Posts: 2,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    old mixer wrote: »
    There have been occasions, when watching the girls performances, that I have felt something off ... and watching their acoustic version of HYD has brought me to realise what it is....
    I have no problems with their singing (brilliant), their various individual styles (clothing or hair) -- but what niggles me is when they are not all standing at the same height,,, In this performance two of them were wearing heels whilst the other two were not.. somehow it doesn't seem right/jars my sensibilities.

Yes, L.A towering over Jade was very awkward lol. Jade does a lot of eye communication and she looked so small in between J and L.A.

Other stuff didn't I read the girls were supposed to be doing this acoustic with Missy?
    If this the case that wud be epic and place them on a very interesting position as artists to watch...
    Jesy beat boxing while Missy raps wud be a must watch... Wishful thinking:D
  • Options
    casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did notice the towering heels, as I've noticed the other girls trading off in other performances. I think its because we are used to seeing them uniform but if you think about it, how many other bands or groups are exactly the same height. Probably that is the exception, not the rule.

I'm seeing this bandied around as the song schedule for the Glee episode.

GLEE NEWS: Glee 4x22 Song Order: (All Or Nothing)
    - To Love You More.
    - Clarity.
    - Wings.
    - I Love It.
    - Hall Of Fame.
    - All or Nothing.

Someone put together the song clips in a short video. Now I'm wondering if Wings is getting some help this weekend from Gleeks downloading the song ahead of time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWwahWjSVKs

The final adjusted ratings for Idol on Wed. were 11.26 million viewers (Zap2It).
  • Options
    PJ RiverPJ River Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    old mixer wrote: »

It bothers me a lot when I watch 5H. It just doesn't feel right.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PJ River wrote: »
    It bothers me a lot when I watch 5H. It just doesn't feel right.

Rotflol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tough crowd. The Jackson 5 would never have passed muster with you.
  • Options
    felpcalibasfelpcalibas Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    I hope glee doesnt montage wings, I mean, I hope they sing the whole song
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know why CYL charted at #38 on South Koreans international chart?

I suspect when Wings did it was because of that talent show. But CYL sold/streamed more?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm too late to edit. So I don't know if this was posted.

http://www.mjsbigblog.com/glee-season-4-–-all-or-nothing-–-listen-to-full-songs-audio.htm
    ^you can hear the glee version
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wings on iTunes during US radio tour (midnight Eastern time)
    Mar. 16 #152
    Mar. 17 #154
    Mar. 18 #157
    Mar. 19 #154
    Mar. 20 #146 (4 AM)
    Mar. 21 #138
    Mar. 22 #140 (3 AM)
    Mar. 23 #130
    Mar. 24 #124
    Mar. 25 #123
    Mar. 26 #147
    Mar. 27 #137
    Mar. 28 #120
    Mar. 29 #122
    Mar. 30 #118
    Mar. 31 #106; DNA #79
    April 1 #111 (2 AM)
    April 2 #108
    April 3 #104
    April 4 #97

**post radio tour**
    April 5 #93
    April 6 #84
    April 7 #97
    April 8 #98
    April 9 #101
    April 10 #100
    April 11 #98
    April 12 #91
    April 13 #82
    April 14 #77
    April 15 #81
    April 16 #90 1AM
    April 17 #89
    April 18 #87
    April 19 #89
    April 20 #82
    April 21 #76
    April 22 #81 (2 AM)
    April 23 #85
    April 24 #86
    April 25 #84
    April 26 #91
    April 27 #71 (3 AM)
    April 28 #68
    April 29 #76
    April 30 #82

May promo

May 1 #75 (post Idol before West coast airing)
    May 2 #74
    May 3 #75
    May 4 #65
    May 5 #65

It was a good weekend, and I am looking forward to the next one after the Glee cover.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm too late to edit. So I don't know if this was posted.

http://www.mjsbigblog.com/glee-season-4-–-all-or-nothing-–-listen-to-full-songs-audio.htm
    ^you can hear the glee version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmUd3qhSb44

That is really good! They kept all the high energy, the harmonies, the dog barking (!) and made good use of Sanchez' voice. Thumbs up from me.

2 things I've noticed on all the covers:
    1. They love to play around with "and if they give you ----"
    2. They always try to match the original voices

On Twitter I read people saying these songs would be available for purchase tonight or tomorrow?

Edit: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/wings-glee-cast-version-single/id642002773
  • Options
    OMGItsAnnieOMGItsAnnie Posts: 2,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^Typical fan war stuff. I had to laugh at that "It only takes one Jessica Sanchez" conveniently forgetting the several other singers providing the harmonies around her.

Its funny though, if you really listen to her doing the solo parts its like she's impersonating Jesy, Perrie and Leigh-Anne. She sounds like Perrie and Jade's lovechild. I think she did a good job though and I thought she should have won Idol.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not really feeling the glee cover..... They normally good with covers where they turn it inside out and upside down. I was hoping they would have gone the way of how they did with TW single glade you came......

But oh well.......want to see how it will do. I do not expect the Glee version to make it in the top 100....Wings probs will jump about ten places.
  • Options
    mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see Little Mix are playing Radio 1's Big Weekend on the 26th May with The Script, Olly Muirs and 30 Seconds to Mars....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So they will only be in the US for days for before their album release????? LOL I don't think days would be enough for album promo also Wings as it stalling on Radio...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    "Little Mix cant sing, theyre not there to sing, theyre just there to be cute" ugh can you please not
    "It's weird hearing a mediocre x factor chart song on a world popular show. I'm used to just hearing it on Heart radio..."

I should stop reading :sleep:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't like the Glee cover. It sounds like a karaoke instrumental with background vocals :o:o

They also changed the words again "...if they give you hell?.." hmm, they done that with Idol as well. :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmUd3qhSb44

That is really good! They kept all the high energy, the harmonies, the dog barking (!) and made good use of Sanchez' voice. Thumbs up from me.

2 things I've noticed on all the covers:
    1. They love to play around with "and if they give you ----"
    2. They always try to match the original voices

On Twitter I read people saying these songs would be available for purchase tonight or tomorrow?

Edit: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/wings-glee-cast-version-single/id642002773

I actually like that. Never watched the show b4...
    There's a male dominating voice in the background that makes the sound quite full and heavy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like the Glee cover. It sounds like a karaoke instrumental with background vocals :o:o

They also changed the words again "...if they give you hell?.." hmm, they done that with Idol as well. :confused:

LM actually had studio background singers on that very song...

Thinking of BV's, I wud be very curious to see what wud HYD live sound with a proper band incl extra BV's (not backing track)...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Little Mix cant sing, theyre not there to sing, theyre just there to be cute" ugh can you please not
    "It's weird hearing a mediocre x factor chart song on a world popular show. I'm used to just hearing it on Heart radio..."

I should stop reading :sleep:

How about???
    I never knew or liked that song, Jessica made me know or like it.
    We have to be positive in life or we won't live...
  • Options
    19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big Weekend!!! Yeeeeeah :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    if jessica made a person that disliked the song like it, then jessica's verson will be bought.. I dont see this as a positive thing at all
  • Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Jessica's version is atrocious, her voice sounds so different. I don't like it at all, maybe that's because I won't allow myself to like it because the original is sooooo good :p
  • Options
    19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://instagram.com/p/Y95yQ0PTD3/

The Ice Cream fan! You think they could tell us that How Ya Doin is out

btw its meant to say van not fan haha :p
This discussion has been closed.