Options

EE from Day One

Comments

• Options
    dayne14dayne14 Posts: 261
    Forum Member
    Saeed and Naima really do not work do they? But at least the outside pressures of the family are being illustrated. Is the flat that they live in Saeed's family's flat? What is shown well is the point of view that the muslim woman is only a homemaker. So Michelle's work is all over a bike, but somehow I can't see Michelle riding a motorbike. I see Sue's still all of a tizzy, she can't even manage to butter the rolls. More Willy inuendo from Ethel!!!:D Why do I feel as though Saeed is keeping tabs on Naima? I think Arthur's found his calling He Hee! Poor Mary is feeling understandably uncomfortable back at the flat. "peaceful vibrations", Ethel what are you on about? Lou's off back to Pauline's. Oh well we now know Den suffers from Hay fever. Kath's delighted Lou's moving back! Oooh, Kathy looks worst for wear!!!!

God, Lou's now taking umption with flower arranging! I am assuming fom Sue's predicament, that counselling was not the done thing in them days? Funny I said that, Ali has just mentioned it. I think Dr Legg is doing the right think in offering help to Sue withot being to forceful. But I think she is putting a guard around herself. That was brilliant, "How much is that doggy in the window" "Woof Woof"!!:D Oh well Lou's back at Pauline and Arthur's. Pauline working as a stripper, perish the thought!!! So Michelle, wants a loan and Willy's done a runner. Oh well his in the bowl. And out again. Willy is a nightmare, it's like casing after a rat!!!!! Wow, Naima looks great!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Interesting note to all, I've been watching 'Shine on Harvey Moon' reruns on Yesterday and saw Peter Dean as a copper and Leonard Fenton as Erich Gottlieb, all pre Eastenders. Treying to find a job, or something to do, and would quite like to get into scrip editing or reading, Any body got any ideas? Though I don't have that much money.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sorry I've been away for so long, big problems at home, one of the neighbours who lives upstairs where we live has got really nasty with me and my mum over a parking spot, and is basically stalking Mum and making our lives a misery. Other personal problems to. Anyway, there has also been a problem with the episodes, so we will soon be running out at this rate. Ep 52 is the last I can find so If anyone can find 53 onwards that would be great. Am just going to refresh my memory by looking back over the last few thread entries, then normal service will be resumed. :)

Dayne
  • Options
    Forum Member
    For a minute I didn't realise it was Saeed, I think his making an effort now. Even Den can't see Michelle using a motorbike, but what a monstrosity was Den's jumper?!!! I think what Shron is saying at the moment about Ali and Sue having another baby, is, at the moment to painful for them, especially Sue to contemplate. It is so good to see Naima full of confidence. Saeed Looks so different, but note the death stare he gave Pete!! OOOPS. Michelle, You might have wanted th job, but you see the thing is Arthur's enjoying it. Deprived, good Lord Michelle. You Selfish brat. You might have a point, but you behave like a 4 year old. I think Michelle feels like if she doesn't get out now, she never will. A bit dissolutioned perhaps. Gasp. Is that one of the Cashmere Sweaters from the radio that Naima's wearing? Oh no, I think it's Den actually. Saeed doesn't like anyone looking at Naima or passing complement. Dot's back is an ever present problem I see. Seeing Ian now, is making me realise haw fat Adam Woodyatt has become recently. Oh look, there's Andy. Ethel appears to have a date. Kelvin, that'sa classic, "Nah, I'm always this coulor." Ha ha. Michelle's going to resort to blackmailing Den for bike money. Conversation about the telly, very bizzare. What are Pete, Ian and Kelvin up to?

Ian's going to get his Mum drunk! I think Saeed is trying to pluck up the courage. Saeed's obviously going to the condom Machine in the gents, but seriously how thick is Debbie to think there is a fruit machine in the men's!!! Oh dear Debbie is now embarrassed. That was funny!!! Den had to get that jumper off quick. Oh dear I think Ian's in Trrouble!!! And I really can't see him knitting, but we all knoe it's knitting madness in Albert Square. Saeed's getting ready for Naima. It is good how there showing Paline and Arthur's worry for mark expressed via Michelle. I wonder if Ali and Michelle will seek solace in each other?? As they both are struggling to communicate with the person they love the most. You don't often see the adult conversations in soaps now like the one between Ali and Michelle now. At least Ali knows when to stop, and still loves Sue, but I think Michelle got the wrong end of the stick. Poor Ali, So sad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sorry, but Ihave to comment on that bloody nightdress of Michelle's again, it's just bloody awful!!! Ooh the tention in the Fowler household is unbelievable. Michelle's full of sexual stereotypes!! Poor Arthur. Right at the minute I cannot stand Michelle. UGH :mad: Poor Sue and Ali, I don't think they'll ever find a way through. :cry: Oooh er Nick's not being charged with murder, but then lets be honest, there probably wasn't enough evidence, even though it's obvious he did it. Sue's quite cheery today, but still in her own world. Unemployment is as relevent today as it was then, I see. This knitting with Ian should be fun. Poor Mary's feeling awkward. Was this kind of state of "depression" that Arthur is feeling, common with the unemployed of the 80's recession? I'd forgotten about Ian's trip to France! At least Lou's going to pay for him? I know christning gowns are generally frilly, but Ethel's gone overboard I think. I see Dot thinks Nick's an angel. Oh come on Dot!!! These early days make you realise what a good actress June Brown certainly was, and given the right material, still is.

Oh I knew Michelle wouldn't like Ian getting his French Trip. You can see Dot has always had certain things, i.e. her funny turns, and her back. But she really is Naive as far as Nick is concerned. Ha ha, Roly's eaten the robe, and now Ethel's gone into a shakesperean Sonnet about it!! Hilarious. Give her a drink and she forgets all about it. Where has Michelle's dark mood come from exactly. I think she had somthing to tell Arthur. "How much is that doggy in he window?" with Ethel barking is funny. EE does not do these moments often enough now. Roly looks confused! Michelle is definitely troubled. I think Michelle is feeling slightly frozen out. That was an awkward moment for Pete with Saeed. I really think this knitting thing is going to go wrong, but I can see why Tony is feeling invaded though. Ethel and the history of clothing! I think she needs her hair styling. The siver medalion is nice. Poor Ethel is confused about what to wear. And more innuendo. she's a bit of a vixen! I could feel Ali's outburst to Sue coming a mile off, and I knew he would blame her for Hassan's death.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hi All,

After two years away from the thread. It's back. Pesonal life and the fact that old episodes stopped dead put a kybosh on the thread but new episodes are up now so I'm back.

Read the thread and join in - all welcome old friends and new.

Ep 47 Review in about an hour.
  • Options
    IanMandyIanMandy Posts: 14,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks- I've started watching them now (they are on youtube now but only on episode 8) and I've been reading your reviews alongside
  • Options
    Forum Member
    IanMandy wrote: »
    Thanks- I've started watching them now (they are on youtube now but only on episode 8) and I've been reading your reviews alongside

Welcome IanMandy. I'm glad someone found the thread in the back of beyond of DS. It was gaining a small following before. Enjoy and please comment on what you're watching if you want.
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    has anyoneon here watched every episode of eastenders?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm baaaack! Without ceremony here is the review.

Nothing's changed then, Michelle moaning and product placement. Persil anyone! Mind you I'd moan about Lou if she was my grandmother. Hang on a ruddy minute Persil box with Surf soap powder! Odd :confused: Michelle, a general, yeah right! Great to see Saeed and Naima as part of the community at last. Must be difficlt for Mary with Annie and Sue next door. Who's the Style Council??? Fail to see how Den and Michelle's affair comes about yet, - for now at least Den's just someone to talk to. Uh oh, Den's ringing the other woman me thinks! What are Debs and Andy wearing - Dear me! :D Oh dear something's horrified Naima! What can it be...? All together now "Happy Birthday to you". Michelle that is.

Someone needs to be proactive with Sue rather than preaching! Saeed in House of Sin. :eek: Now the well wisher is either Dot, or more likely Nick given his tendencies. Ian was such a happy lad back then wasn't he. Oh Pauline might have started labour, and I see the loose women are having a fashion show. LOL! Love Ethel. Bit random but who the hell is holding Little Willy, while Ethel's talking about knobbly bits?! Nick a smashing boy. Really???

Dot not impressed with Pauline's snipe. Ha ha, Hackney City farm. That's near me. Love Dot's snooker ref gloves. How nice and right of Lou. Poor Ali in a state. I certaily think Lou's been through the cot death experience. Kng George VI Hospital isn't that quite posh? Why not Walford General??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    has anyoneon here watched every episode of eastenders?

Welcome BB9 - I know I haven't.
  • Options
    gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mary is a brilliant character.

When Ben Mitchell was arrested last year for Heather's murder, one of the solicitors/appropriate adults was called Mary Smith, and I *so* wanted it to be Mary from the old days...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    gboy wrote: »
    Mary is a brilliant character.

When Ben Mitchell was arrested last year for Heather's murder, one of the solicitors/appropriate adults was called Mary Smith, and I *so* wanted it to be Mary from the old days...

Sometimes there are opportunities missed. I mean I don't ike the constant return of characters but on fleeting glimpse of one who's managed to make good of themselves would add realism. But they'd have probably got her to sign a year and be depressing by the end of it!
  • Options
    alias aliasalias alias Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    What date are you up to? I watched up to 92 and then lost interest but i used to watch the 90s repeats on ukgold and i started watching most eps in 96.

I've probably watched 97% of it all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    Hello all, I have really enjoyed reading through this thread. I was 14 when EE started and I have only missed one or two episodes since. Lots of great memories flodding back. Thanks Guys!
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dayne14 wrote: »
    Well, I don't know really where to begin. I found the episode very emotional, and that I have to commend Eastenders for showing the different ways Sue and Ali dealt with it. When you consider that Ali was crying and screaming almost immediately, while Sue became withdrawn. I began to wonder if Lou had ever suffered the experience of cot death in her life? It is heartbreaking that Sue cannot cry :cry:

I am finding this quite difficult, so perhaps it is best that I answer any questions about the episode as they come up.

R.I.P Hassan Osman

One of the saddest episode's ever.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Welcome alias alias, Kbabble, and Kieran DS. Yes the cot death episode was very sad, but from it I've discovered a different side to Lou and am really hoping this is explored.

Today's episode will be from 1st August 1985. I date each episode so people now where we're at. Hoping to put the review up between 5 and 6pm today! :)
  • Options
    Dan_CbbcDan_Cbbc Posts: 1,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im currently in the process of uploading all episodes after episode 54.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks, Dan_CbbC and welcome. Will be relying on you shortly then - next week by my reckoning. Woud i be too much trouble to ask if you could include transmission dates, it would be helpful? Don't worry for ones you've already uploaded.

Ep 48 now back around 17.00
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dayne14 wrote: »
    Thanks, Dan_CbbC and welcome. Will be relying on you shortly then - next week by my reckoning. Woud i be too much trouble to ask if you could include transmission dates, it would be helpful? Don't worry for ones you've already uploaded.

Ep 48 now back around 17.00

No problem, my plan is to go up too the end of 1988 for now, and yeah I will add transmission dates and also the repeat air date.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Answer the effing phone!!! Boa restricter - Classic! Arthur looks horrified, it's a baby not an alien!! More baby woes for poor Sue then with Baby Fowler soon to be on the square. I didn't know Pauline had sister called Norma. And Jesus 9lb 3oz. I wouldn't want to look like Lou, but love the backhanded insult from Arthur. Ethel's like Frank Spencer! Ha ha!!! I agree with Debs about Naima's letter. But I love exploring these facets in te context of an arranged marrige. It's interesting how depression was so misunderstood back then given it was only 1985. Forgive my ignorance - but what's a piltch - if I've spelt it right? A nightie for boy! Is it me or her that's behind the "times"? Ian's first business venture Ohhh!

As much as it pains me there certainly isn't enough evidence to convict Nick. Dot's belief in her son is admirible. That toy's horrible. I Den and Jan were back on but don't think it's a good idea to stink of perfume. Lou's going down with this vomiting thing. Sharon's on to him. Aww poor Ethel's so nervous. Love the way Naima tested Saeed. Ernie's dapper, but this is so cringe. Bus routes are always a good chat up line!! I see what Dr legg's going to do... So hard but right. Poor, poor Sue :( . Was that a 2nd outing of Julia's theme?

Sorry for the delay, computer issues.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dan_Cbbc wrote: »
    No problem, my plan is to go up too the end of 1988 for now, and yeah I will add transmission dates and also the repeat air date.

Great, PM me a link when you have time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks.
  • Options
    gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member