Options

BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 54)

Comments

• Options
    ackeracker Posts: 8,809
    Forum Member
    JoJo4 wrote: »
    When her parents were interviewed while she was in the jungle I do remember thinking that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree:rolleyes:

:D It happens to me Moots! Just comes from nowhere - and I never read the DM so on this occasion they're not guilty!

Afternoon JoJo :).....by the time youve clicked on all the links on ds forums every day youve practically read the Daily Mail innit.
  • Options
    tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gloriously sunny here for a bank holiday for once

been up since crack of dawn as been volunteering at a triathlon where i used to live :cool:
  • Options
    minkskiminkski Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    Lovely sunny day here, myself and my neighbours (4 house loads) just went to the pub for a lazy lunch :D

I thought of you Moots when I saw 2 lovely chihuahua's- one was tiny - they were very cute and friendly :D
  • Options
    MootleMootle Posts: 35,232
    Forum Member
    When her parents were interviewed while she was in the jungle I do remember thinking that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree:rolleyes:

:D It happens to me Moots! Just comes from nowhere - and I never read the DM so on this occasion they're not guilty!

I'm not sure if I should be reassured by this, JoJo, or very very afraid....:eek:
    It has happened to me before too, but usually I can work through it.:(
  • Options
    ArtemesiaArtemesia Posts: 43,241
    Forum Member
    I have come up here to the office for a bit of peace, MIL, Sam, and Cosmo are all snoring noisily on the balcony, it's enough to wake the dead!:p:p
    Sam rarely snores but he has his head flung back at a funny angle. Mil is doing very loud snores alternating with a sort of horse's neighing sound, and Cosmo is doing his fat-black-cat-on-his-back-type snores.
    I only gave them(MIL and Sam, not Cosmo) chestnut soup and strawberries and yoghurt for lunch as we are going out to eat tonight so it's not as if they have had a heavy meal....sheeeeesh....

We have been out trying to find shops where MIL can buy presents to take back.We warned her before she even came that the shops would be shut but today, she decided she had to get a few things.We did find a couple of tourist tat places but there was nothing suitable...We ended up buying ice-cream and watching the wind surfers.The beaches and Tavernas are packed as it is a National holiday and hot and sunny.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Off out for a meal....

Here is Celeste, who had joined in the sleep fest on the balcony ~

https://picasaweb.google.com/113456520926716337399/ItSAllRightForSome?authkey=Gv1sRgCKSencK6t9nFRA#5874903748196524210
  • Options
    Flora PosteFlora Poste Posts: 18,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Artemesia wrote: »
    Off out for a meal....

https://picasaweb.google.com/113456520926716337399/ItSAllRightForSome?authkey=Gv1sRgCKSencK6t9nFRA#5874903748196524210

Aww cute :)
  • Options
    BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Off out for a meal....

Ha ha looks very comfortable there - great pic, like how she just has her head on that dish or is it an ash tray:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Off out for a meal....

awwww, cute cat!

Love the genuine lemons on the trees too!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    just been doing an inventory of my huge hosta collection. I grow them in pots lined with copper tape.
    I thought there were less than last year, and I see that several have vanished into thin air...:mad:
  • Options
    JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,663
    Forum Member
    acker wrote: »
    Afternoon JoJo :).....by the time youve clicked on all the links on ds forums every day youve practically read the Daily Mail innit.

This is very true!

been up since crack of dawn as been volunteering at a triathlon where i used to live :cool:
    Sounds fun and good weather always helps!
    Off out for a meal....

Cute -they always find the best spots:cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mootle wrote: »
    just been doing an inventory of my huge hosta collection. I grow them in pots lined with copper tape.
    I thought there were less than last year, and I see that several have vanished into thin air...:mad:

It'll be that DM again:rolleyes:
  • Options
    HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    Evening All.:-))))))))))))

Turned out a glorious day.
    Morning Hicky :-D

You can keep your cloud I certainly don't want it :-D

Didn't realise you lived in such a populated area :-D
    I live over the road from a nice big park with a lovely duck pond and play area for the little ones but it seems to be a walking place for dogs on leads.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Barracute wrote: »
    Ha ha looks very comfortable there - great pic, like how she just has her head on that dish or is it an ash tray:confused:

It is actually a Royal Worcester dish, there are 3 on the Balcony, given to us by the eldest daughter for decorative outside purposes.I hesitated at first as they are in danger of being smashed but what the heck, they are meant to be enjoyed, not treated as museum pieces. After 4 years, they are still intact but the glaze has faded in the sun somewhat.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    We had a lovely meal , wild greens, lemon potatoes, a gilthead bream, red mullet and grilled octopus with various salads....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    We had a lovely meal , wild greens, lemon potatoes, a gilthead bream, red mullet and grilled octopus with various salads....
    Evening Arte.:)))))))))))))

Thats a nice meal, love fish, love all that your having.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hicky wrote: »
    Evening Arte.:)))))))))))))

Thats a nice meal, love fish, love all that your having.

you can come for a meal any time, Hicky, you would be one of our easiest guests, ever, with your wide-ranging tastes.;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    you can come for a meal any time, Hicky, you would be one of our easiest guests, ever, with your wide-ranging tastes.;-)
    There is an advantage in eating all food, it means at serve yourself parties you don't need to ask what is in sandwiches, pies, samosa's etc.:-DDDDDDDD
  • Options
    BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is actually a Royal Worcester dish, there are 3 on the Balcony, given to us by the eldest daughter for decorative outside purposes.I hesitated at first as they are in danger of being smashed but what the heck, they are meant to be enjoyed, not treated as museum pieces. After 4 years, they are still intact but the glaze has faded in the sun somewhat.

ah i see, right thanks
  • Options
    Forum Member

mmmm - not sure about the octopus but the rest sounds yummy!
  • Options
    honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    Same as all sporting tours! The club organises 2 or 3 matches in another county or country, anyone who wants to go can, whether they play during the tour or not.

OH is a founder member of the club - he last played when he was about 48/9 - but he usually goes on tour 'for the craic:rolleyes: They're affiliated to a club in Holland and they've been going there on and off for 20+ years.
    That sounds fun.
    Scots rool wrote: »
    I'll neither defend or criticise until I hear the full facts. But because he's been on a long running soap for 100 years or so doesn't mean he wouldn't be capable of something like that. Some people have this assumption that soap stars etc are some kind of super beings who would never ever do anything like that. :rolleyes:
    It can be absolutely anyone, man or woman. I see no reason to fire them until convicted though.

I think i might have got triathlon mixed up with something else? Don't you have to swim three miles, cycle a hundred miles and run a whole marathon? How did they fit it in a tiny town? :confused:
    Mootle wrote: »
    I'm not sure if I should be reassured by this, JoJo, or very very afraid....:eek:
    It has happened to me before too, but usually I can work through it.
    I hate it when i am waiting for a television programme and dogtiredness strikes and I am too exhausted to even record it.
    I was envious until you said octopus. Is it prawny like squid?
    There is an advantage in eating all food, it means at serve yourself parties you don't need to ask what is in sandwiches, pies, samosa's etc.
    It is a blessing. It is horrible to not be able to eat anything without interrogating the chef and scrutinising any packets.

CL, Gretel the Kelpie and me went to our friend's house (taking in a few stinky farms on the way and getting lost and trafficjammed)
    We had cherryade and cheese and onion pasties and it was lovely. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It'll be that DM again:rolleyes:
    :D:D
    Octopus?! :eek: do you eat the tentacley suckery bit, or the body?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That sounds fun.

It can be absolutely anyone, man or woman. I see no reason to fire them until convicted though.

I think i might have got triathlon mixed up with something else? Don't you have to swim three miles, cycle a hundred miles and run a whole marathon? How did they fit it in a tiny town? :confused:

I hate it when i am waiting for a television programme and dogtiredness strikes and I am too exhausted to even record it.

I was envious until you said octopus. Is it prawny like squid?

It is a blessing. It is horrible to not be able to eat anything without interrogating the chef and scrutinising any packets.

CL, Gretel the Kelpie and me went to our friend's house (taking in a few stinky farms on the way and getting lost and trafficjammed)
    We had cherryade and cheese and onion pasties and it was lovely. :)
    I'm not sure if i've had Octopus or not, but as i eat anything it will probably end up on my plate one day.
  • Options
    honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure if i've had Octopus or not, but as i eat anything it will probably end up on my plate one day.

:D You make it sound like it will wander in accidentally. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :-D You make it sound like it will wander in accidentally. :-D
    With 8 legs it can get anywhere. my plate is always op.

A strange thing this morning, had been bitten on my arm, you can always tell, it needs itching, had a little spot as normal, gave it a little rub as it was annoying, it swelled a bit more.
    I was going into the gazebo to get my tree grafting gear as i was going to do some grafts on the plum tree, 1st thing is to sterilise the tools, i have a big container of pull out antiseptic material that is used for medical purposes, probably in the theatre if an instrument want sterilising.
    Anyway, as i was doing the tools i rubbed it on the bite spot.

A few hours later i was telling O/H about the spot and i couldn't find it, there wasn't even a mark left.: confused: but pleased.
This discussion has been closed.