Options

Brendan Brady (Emmett J. Scanlan) Fan Thread! (Part 183)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And yeah, I'm not saying it should be Freddie for Big Charlie's ability, but they need to start putting in the same ballpark as much into Ste as they were Brendan. They were giving him everything from extras to Sampson and heists and a 'nemesis', etc. Don't cast a family and then just try and make them work for one of your best characters. Give him what he needs if it isn't there :o.

And Ziggy's going to be dire. There's a split on Freddie, Robbie's good but how much can they do there? Joe sounds too serious to be doing much in a HOs world, and I'm not going to care about Jason/George and all of them cleaning up each other's messes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iclabon wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm tired of prejudging myself, believe me, but it's what this show's done to me.

I don't think they've necessarily involved Robbie with Ste with any grand plan in mind, is what I'm saying. It's just to facilitate his return to his scallier nature and to embed a Roscoe. Robbie's not really going to factor into anything big for Ste, and until it gets to that, if it ever will, he's working for this little screentime stuff Ste has at the moment, and that's not what we want.

I seriously need some reassurance, cos from where I'm sitting, nothing we've heard up until this most recent shit of Ghost Lynsey has had anything to do with a storyline for Ste, and who do they really think people are interested in? I'm just not understanding it.

I get what you're saying because I'm a fan obviously, but there are plenty of people out there who are fans of other characters and feel the same way about their storylines.

With such a large cast, they can't realistically focus on any one person too much. I get that it seems he hasn't much of a storyline this last while but he's literally just off the back of one of HO's biggest stories this year with the whole Stendan thing and the reunion etc so it's not a bad thing to focus a little less on him and let his next story (turning back into a scally, drugs etc and wherever they are taking it, which we don't yet know) develop gradually and show off some other characters.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,170
    Forum Member
    So happy Emmett shaveddddd ;)

Mods new part please :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But these other characters suck :cry: And fans of those characters are ... :o

But I get that. It's just that look at what happens when they rotate focus to crap. You get yesterday :p. And there are always going to be the people that like crap for the crappiest reasons, and you've only got to read YT comments to see that, but so it doesn't mean the show should be doing it. They're only making a problem worse for themselves. They're in ratings hell.

I can't take gradually being months from now :cry: And it causes me pain that Robbie's Bart/Gaz/X.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But these other characters suck :cry: And fans of those characters are ... :o

But I get that. It's just that look at what happens when they rotate focus to crap. You get yesterday :p. And there are always going to be the people that like crap for the crappiest reasons, and you've only got to read YT comments to see that, but so it doesn't mean the show should be doing it. They're only making a problem worse for themselves. They're in ratings hell.

I can't take gradually being months from now :cry: And it causes me pain that Robbie's Bart/Gaz/X.

I agree, yesterday was awful and they do need to get the balance right, they seem to struggle with it. They need to push some of their stronger characters to the forefront a bit and maybe mix up some of their pairings a little, but it takes time and I guess and Ste has had a pretty big year so far already so I don't think they necessarily need to give him anything major straight away, at least they have a direction for him and a story in mind.

I actually like Robbie, I think he's a talented little thing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It takes more than time. They have to actually realize that's what they need to do. I hope they will. They never seem to get much right at any time.

And you're right. As much as I'm suffering, that's nothing new, and chances are I'll still be here when they get back to Ste again, whenever that is. But just because he's been half of Stendan doesn't mean it's been a big year for him already, or at least not imo, unless you just mean because Kieron's gotten to have a few dramatic moments and he's rocked them. That's always been the problem, that it was always mostly Brendan's storyline. I don't feel I should have to wait for them to want to do for him and not just use him all the time. I've been disappointed with his part even in just Brendan's exit, and then I had to see him with George for f*cks. And he's still at that damn deli with St. Carter.

I wish I thought he was talented, but so far it's been pretty standard. I see him being a character much like Bart, only they won't also be exploiting him for any sex appeal cos he hasn't got any.
  • Options
    bexmil89bexmil89 Posts: 4,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know. :o

He's not great. :o

And I'm dreading Ziggy.

I can already tell that Ziggy's going to annoy me:p

Can't believe they're bringing Lyndsey back maybe her spirit comes back and kills Clare;)
  • Options
    GoingtothebeachGoingtothebeach Posts: 19,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bexmil89 wrote: »
    I can already tell that Ziggy's going to annoy me:p

Can't believe they're bringing Lyndsey back maybe her spirit comes back and kills Clare;)

His face annoyed me. :o

If only. If only her spirit could then disappear for good along with every other trace of her existence.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His face annoyed me. :o

If only. If only her spirit could then disappear for good along with every other trace of her existence.

Yeah I don't like the look of him either

Are we all prepared for some tear stick overload tonight with the aftermath of Texas' death ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am back with top comment of "Hollyoaks Competition - Win Brendan Brady's Clothes"

****One dislike. Nice try Doug!**** :p:D

well deserved :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, bexmil. I'm not eating so there won't be anything for me to vomit tonight when I near laugh myself to death. It's going to be terrible.

And as absurd as Ziggy looks, just yall wait for him to be this camply vain he's being described as, and when he and Freddie and Maxine all make fools of themselves in a triangle. Hopefully Patrick will do some more killing and put them out of our misery, or Jim can do it lawyer-style when Ziggy falls in love with Carmel's nipples.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bexmil89 wrote: »
    Are we all prepared for some tear stick overload tonight with the aftermath of Texas' death ;)

No. :cry::cry::cry:
    dodi wrote: »
    I am back with top comment of "Hollyoaks Competition - Win Brendan Brady's Clothes"

****One dislike. Nice try Doug!**** :p:D

well deserved :cool:

:D:D:D
  • Options
    ThaGazBoiThaGazBoi Posts: 15,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Stobbie :D also looking forward to Stenead!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, bexmil. I'm not eating so there won't be anything for me to vomit tonight when I near laugh myself to death. It's going to be terrible.

And as absurd as Ziggy looks, just yall wait for him to be this camply vain he's being described as, and when he and Freddie and Maxine all make fools of themselves in a triangle. Hopefully Patrick will do some more killing and put them out of our misery, or Jim can do it lawyer-style when Ziggy falls in love with Carmel's nipples.

Its going to be some funny aftermath haha. I hope they make ziggy so over the top vain that it'll be funny to watch and not painful :o
  • Options
    Daphne GDaphne G Posts: 1,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've liked Ste's storyline so far, even though he needs much more screen time. I'm hoping that I'll warm to the Roscoes and that they aren't all obnoxious. Right now, I'm indifferent.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,753
    Forum Member
    ThaGazBoi wrote: »
    I like Stobbie :D also looking forward to Stenead!

Me too! I wonder why they start interacting in the first place.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kojan wrote: »
    Me too! I wonder why they start interacting in the first place.

It must be the Robbie connection.
  • Options
    Ayla_89Ayla_89 Posts: 39,663
    Forum Member
    Hallo. :cool:

I feel like the only person who actually didn't mind last nights episode :o

You all sometimes make me forget I like Lynsey btw, with all the hate :mad: :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ayla_89 wrote: »

SHE'S TERRIBLE. :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm happy to see Lynsey, even if she is only going to be in Paul's imagination. Of Brendan's "sisters", I've always liked Lynsey more than Cheryl. I don't get why Paul's going to start seeing her and I've also kind of gone off Paul. :(

Edit: I enjoyed yesterday's episode too, but not because it was well written or very good. :D It was entertaining in a ridiculous way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    SHE'S TERRIBLE. :mad:

Is she though? :cool:
    Daphne G wrote: »
    I'm happy to see Lynsey, even if she is only going to be in Paul's imagination. Of Brendan's "sisters", I've always liked Lynsey more than Cheryl. I don't get why Paul's going to start seeing her and I've kind of gone off Paul. :(

Yeah me too. Besides him having to go prison for her, she was alright to him really :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

YES. :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah me too. Besides him having to go prison for her, she was alright to him really :p

At least Lynsey didn't shoot Seamus and then let Brendan take the blame for her. :p She and Brendan just underestimated Silas.

I think I liked Lynsey more because I feel like she had more depth than Cheryl, so the Brynsey scenes felt like they meant more. Cheryl had her moments, but she was mostly written as a comedy character, so her characterization was all over the place.
  • Options
    LittleGirlOf7LittleGirlOf7 Posts: 9,344
    Forum Member

I liked it. :) Funny how I was joking about her falling from the window would be like The Princess Bride and it did kind of look like that after all.

People saying why didn't anyone do anything while she fell, especially Doug. Um, it was slow mo. In real time it would've taken her less than 2 seconds to hit the ground. They wouldn't have had time to do anything to save her.

I posted on the episode thread downstairs but it seems to have gone unnoticed. Flat footsteps can be heard running away as the camera pans out from the window inside. Not heels, so that rules out the female suspects.

As I'm convinced by this it does of course mean it'll turn out to be one of the female suspects.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    YES. :mad:

Why don't you like her though?
    Daphne G wrote: »
    At least Lynsey didn't shoot Seamus and then let Brendan take the blame for her. :p She and Brendan just underestimated Silas.

I think I liked Lynsey more because I feel like she had more depth than Cheryl, so the Brynsey scenes felt like they meant more. Cheryl had her moments, but she was mostly written as a comedy character, so her characterization was all over the place.

Well true :p

Oh she did. She was a kind person, selfless and thoughtful. (I can see Mojo rolling her eyes from here ;))

Cheryl is way too inconsistent which is a shame because I did like her, but not always :o
This discussion has been closed.