Options

Trivial things that annoy you intensely.

Comments

• Options
    malpascmalpasc Posts: 9,642
    Forum Member
    Cstar2229 wrote: »
    I like taking photos of well presented food for my own album.

Thats fine if that interests you. Its the people who post them all over Facebook and Twitter that get on my tits!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    Made myself a mug of tea this morning and fancied a biscuit......... typical bloody man .....why does he have to eat ALL the biscuits and leave the bloody empty packet in the cupboard??? And breathe rant over.
  • Options
    Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    Job hunting!

Im looking for basic entry level office jobs, not bothered about the pay but all of them seem to need a specific computer qualification.

So i had a look at the local college in it courses and they are over £800 a year and dont include the specific qualifications that jobs request! So how are people supposed to know how to use these programmes when they arent taught anywhere?
  • Options
    JulzeiJulzei Posts: 4,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tt88 wrote: »
    Job hunting!

Im looking for basic entry level office jobs, not bothered about the pay but all of them seem to need a specific computer qualification.

So i had a look at the local college in it courses and they are over £800 a year and dont include the specific qualifications that jobs request! So how are people supposed to know how to use these programmes when they arent taught anywhere?

I know like sage etc, who on earth teaches that?
    Its that catch 22 getting a job that requires experience with no experience.
  • Options
    Ben_CoplandBen_Copland Posts: 4,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Getting your bag stuck on the wheels of office chairs, just done it and had to actually stop and take a deep breath I was getting so frustrated that I couldn't move properly. Not once did I think to lean over my chair and unhook it hahaha!
  • Options
    SnrDevSnrDev Posts: 6,094
    Forum Member
    avasgranny wrote: »
    why does he have to eat ALL the biscuits and leave the bloody empty packet in the cupboard???
    That does me in. People who haven't got the guts to finish a box of something, or to use the last few drops of milk. and then put the virtually empty container back for someone else to deal with. Breakfast cereals, bread, milk, biscuits, multi-pack chocolate bars - you name it some oik has almost finished the lot off but hasn't bothered to have just the tiniest bit extra and then dispose of the packing.
  • Options
    SnrDevSnrDev Posts: 6,094
    Forum Member
    And remnants of packaging that weigh more than what's left in it - cellophane wrappers round washing-up sponges; the flimsy paper round multi-pack Penguin bars, that sort of thing. Heck if you've got down to the last one and the wrapper is bigger than what it contains just lob it in the bin.
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Maybe this counts?

I just received a new pair of motorbike boots and the zips are up the outside of the leg.
    Never really occurred to me before I ordered them but it's almost f**king impossible to reach down the outside of your leg to do the zips up. :mad:
  • Options
    clsyorkshireclsyorkshire Posts: 791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    giz a tab wrote: »
    You force them to come over to your desk and then deliberately make them wait?
    A right bundle of joy.

Different people at different times, actually.

I have another one:-

People who deliberately misunderstand something you've said..
  • Options
    cantelpitcantelpit Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    People who think it is ok to be rude and talk down to others in meetings. They say things like "now look here" or "with all due respect" - designed to make them feel intimidated. Who do they think they are :mad:
  • Options
    DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Radio12 wrote: »
    Crap drivers on motorways

On Monday we had a day trip to a well known attraction and had to queue for 30 mins to leave motorway only to see ***** racing past us on the hard shoulder to force their way onto the slip road. :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Drivers who go down the moving lane and then cut into the one with traffic at the last minute, skipping the queue. They are tossers but the people who let them in are tossers too.
  • Options
    Sarah.1987Sarah.1987 Posts: 1,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just went to take a sip of hot chocolate from my mug and forgot it was empty. Sigh.
  • Options
    DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Drivers who go down the moving lane and then cut into the one with traffic at the last minute, skipping the queue. They are tossers but the people who let them in are tossers too.

We refused to let the queue jumper in only to be met with "get out your car I'll effing have you"
    We saw them later behind us in the queue when we arrived at the attraction. We realised it was a case of Napoleon syndrome as his missus was about a foot taller than him. Surprisingly he didn't t xry to barge to the front :D
  • Options
    peopleschmeoplepeopleschmeople Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mean-spirited drivers who won't let you in even when you really need to be in a filter lane and you're indicating and perfectly prepared to show your gratitude for the other driver's courtesy with a friendly wave. Oh but noooo they would rather ignore all of this and ensure that you are TRAPPED and forced to proceed along the WRONG road. Stop being so flaming petty you silly shits!

EDIT: this was not an attempt to queue jump. I had inadvertently joined the wrong lane.
  • Options
    Finny SkeletaFinny Skeleta Posts: 2,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're the second vehicle waiting at a junction or at a roundabout; loads of cars are going past and you are waiting patiently for a gap.

Eventually there is a break in the traffic, you see the car in front start to pull off and you start looking down the road to see if the gap is big enough to get two cars out. After quick yet careful consideration you decide that it is safe for you go so you move your right foot from the brake to the accelerator, start to lift the clutch and while you're doing this you turn your head from the side window to the windscreen so you can see where you are going...

...and nearly plough into the stationary car in front that has changed its mind about pulling off.
  • Options
    Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    avasgranny wrote: »
    Made myself a mug of tea this morning and fancied a biscuit......... typical bloody man .....why does he have to eat ALL the biscuits and leave the bloody empty packet in the cupboard??? And breathe rant over.

My wife does that. She leaves lids off things and rarely puts things away, drives me nuts.
  • Options
    offtotheracesofftotheraces Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cstar2229 wrote: »
    I hate people kicking the back of my chair - one reason I don't goto theatres. Saves me money as well as they cost a fortune to go to these places.

The worst thing in my local cinema is kids running/standing/ambling around and their awful chavvy parents doing nothing about it.

The ushers, of course, are never anywhere be seen.

Idiots obsessing over their phones is another one. It doesn't matter if the phone is on silent or where you are sat, the lights WILL be a distraction from what's happening on screen for anyone near you. Sad, selfish gits.

It takes a very special film to get me to go near a cinema these days due to bad behaviour.
  • Options
    Mr TeacakeMr Teacake Posts: 6,593
    Forum Member
    Takeaways deliveries that arrive minus the dips. It's not as if I'm gonna kick up a fuss over a 30p garlic and herb dip, but it does enhance food like pizza by a big factor.
  • Options
    biscuitfactorybiscuitfactory Posts: 29,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Customers who hold their money in their mouth while looking for their loyalty card and then hand it,damp with saliva,to me
    ( I'm a checkout assistant)
    Please,people...your mouth is not a third hand.
    Just put your money down on the counter; nobody's going to run off with it.
  • Options
    Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    The person in our office who uses the word 'obviously' about every 4 seconds.
  • Options
    StarryNight1983StarryNight1983 Posts: 4,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People that get on trains and open windows when it is absolutely freezing and everyone else is sitting there wrapped up in coats and scarves shivering! !!
  • Options
    dreadnoughtdreadnought Posts: 1,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cuts on the tips of your fingers
  • Options
    SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're the second vehicle waiting at a junction or at a roundabout; loads of cars are going past and you are waiting patiently for a gap.

Eventually there is a break in the traffic, you see the car in front start to pull off and you start looking down the road to see if the gap is big enough to get two cars out. After quick yet careful consideration you decide that it is safe for you go so you move your right foot from the brake to the accelerator, start to lift the clutch and while you're doing this you turn your head from the side window to the windscreen so you can see where you are going...

...and nearly plough into the stationary car in front that has changed its mind about pulling off.

This is really annoying.
    Or they do pull away but do it just slow enough to make sure they get on the roundabout but you're stuck because there's now traffic coming.:mad:
  • Options
    SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We refused to let the queue jumper in only to be met with "get out your car I'll effing have you"
    We saw them later behind us in the queue when we arrived at the attraction. We realised it was a case of Napoleon syndrome as his missus was about a foot taller than him. Surprisingly he didn't t xry to barge to the front :D

We had a similar experience a few weeks ago on the M6.
    There's a section there where the M5 merges with it near the RAC control centre. When we got near there all 3 lanes were crawling forward because of congestion.
    I was in the first lane and just up ahead was where the motorways merge. The traffic from the M5 was queued and slowly merging with our traffic and being let in one at a time.
    I'd literally just reached the end of the crash barrier between the 2 motorways and some idiot in a shining white 4X4 BMW decided they weren't waiting in the queue to merge and just drove straight across the white chevrons with the intention of cutting in.

My brother said "Don't let them in." but I was already moving forward to stop them. Although there was only a tiny gap they'd managed to get the corner of there bonnet there to stop me moving forward any more. At this point the car I front was stopping them moving any further forward so they'd had to stop at an angle and I could see the driver, a youngish woman in a smart business suit turn and look in apparent shock that I'd attempted to stop her pushing in. Her face quickly turned to rage and I could see her mouth "you f****** c***". Classy.

As the traffic moved forward and she was in the lane properly she whacked her indicator on and barged her way into the next lane without waiting for them to let her in. Then did the same to get into lane 3. Ignorant bint.
This discussion has been closed.