Options

Worst Facebook status updates

Comments

• Options
    toastietoastie Posts: 2,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand why some people locate themselves in 'my comfy bed' What are you supposed to say "really? gosh how exciting"
  • Options
    Jambo_cJambo_c Posts: 4,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One thing I don't get is why people constantly moan about getting loads of Candy Crush invites. That's what the "block" feature is for. You can block specific apps, if I notice I'm getting a lot from a particular thing I've no interest in, I just block it. The same goes with pictures, I've a friend who is decent but she posts loads of pointless "motivational" pictures. I don't want to de-friend her as her actual status updates aren't bad so I just hide posts containing pictures.
  • Options
    trphiltrphil Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jambo_c wrote: »
    One thing I don't get is why people constantly moan about getting loads of Candy Crush invites. That's what the "block" feature is for. You can block specific apps, if I notice I'm getting a lot from a particular thing I've no interest in, I just block it. The same goes with pictures, I've a friend who is decent but she posts loads of pointless "motivational" pictures. I don't want to de-friend her as her actual status updates aren't bad so I just hide posts containing pictures.

You're not supposed to use the "voice of reason"... :D
  • Options
    offtotheracesofftotheraces Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    toastie wrote: »
    I don't understand why some people locate themselves in 'my comfy bed' What are you supposed to say "really? gosh how exciting"

Silly you! They do it because they want the world to know even their bed is so amazing. Their whole lives are so much more superior and worthy compared to all those lesser people out there, even their bed is worth mentioning.
  • Options
    bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I often wonder that. People have been using beds for years, without the need to tell everyone else about it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    GETTING DRUNK!!!! On it.

Why do people feel think need to open up Facebook and type a drunk status just to let us know how drlhnmk they are
  • Options
    fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    GETTING DRUNK!!!! On it.

Why do people feel think need to open up Facebook and type a drunk status just to let us know how drlhnmk they are

You sure it's not you that's been on the sauce?! :D
  • Options
    offtotheracesofftotheraces Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GETTING DRUNK!!!! On it.

It's not just Facebook. I see people all over the net posting about how they're drunk and what they've been drinking. Why on earth would anyone care apart from other drunk people?
  • Options
    Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was wondering how you go about closing your FB account - not technically but socially?

Do you announce you're closing your account...or is that considered 'flouncing' / attention seeking? I know someone who just deleted their account on a whim without telling anyone because all the competitive mummys on FB were making her feel down and inadequate day after day - but then had to answer to a million emails/text/nursery gate inquisitions from people who thought she had unfriended them/was in a mood with them and it generated even more hassle.

Its made worse by the fact that there are some people I'd like to staying touch with by email - or try and get them onto Twitter - and there are others I just don't need in my 2013 life...so a blanket message to all is not appropriate. It's not as easy as it seems. If you left...how did you do it?
  • Options
    ackeracker Posts: 8,809
    Forum Member
    I was wondering how you go about closing your FB account - not technically but socially?

Do you announce you're closing your account...or is that considered 'flouncing' / attention seeking? I know someone who just deleted their account on a whim without telling anyone because all the competitive mummys on FB were making her feel down and inadequate day after day - but then had to answer to a million emails/text/nursery gate inquisitions from people who thought she had unfriended them/was in a mood with them and it generated even more hassle.

Its made worse by the fact that there are some people I'd like to staying touch with by email - or try and get them onto Twitter - and there are others I just don't need in my 2013 life...so a blanket message to all is not appropriate. It's not as easy as it seems. If you left...how did you do it?

Its the Hotel California.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    fizzle90 wrote: »
    You sure it's not you that's been on the sauce?! :D

I should be so lucky :D

It's not just Facebook. I see people all over the net posting about how they're drunk and what they've been drinking. Why on earth would anyone care apart from other drunk people?

Twitters notorious with it. We're all guilty of the odd 'going for drinks status but these people actually type in their phone password correctly, and then when it comes to writing the status it goes off mad. Despite phones having spell check. Funny that ;):p:rolleyes:
  • Options
    BethaneenyBethaneeny Posts: 10,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I should be so lucky :D

Twitters notorious with it. We're all guilty of the odd 'going for drinks status but these people actually type in their phone password correctly, and then when it comes to writing the status it goes off mad. Despite phones having spell check. Funny that ;):p:rolleyes:

some people (including myself) leave facebook logged in on my phone, and not everyone has a password on their phone in the first place. I see your point though :)
  • Options
    gavinfarrellygavinfarrelly Posts: 6,195
    Forum Member
    So proud of my little princess doing her first poo on the pot pot.

Complete with a photo of said poo :rolleyes:

Pot pot? :D
  • Options
    Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    Was it wrong that I was slightly disappointed by that? Ha.

No, and don't worry, I'm sure it's only time before some mother catches her son choking his chicken and mentions it on FB.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kiko H Fan wrote: »
    No, and don't worry, I'm sure it's only time before some mother catches her son choking his chicken and mentions it on FB.

Off topic I know, but who or what is "Kiko H"? :cool:
  • Options
    franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

pot pot for the poo poo silly willy:p
  • Options
    Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    trphil wrote: »
    Off topic I know, but who or what is "Kiko H"? :cool:

Kiko Hernandez, of Salvame fame.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kiko H Fan wrote: »
    Kiko Hernandez, of Salvame fame.

Aha, thanks. I can see why you're a fan. ;)
  • Options
    bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I guess you could send a private message to those you want to stay in touch with, and explain that you want to delete your account, but you'd still like to be in contact with them. As for the others, if you don't need or want them in your life, I wouldn't bother making any kind of announcement.

:eek: A photo of the poo?! As if the announcement itself wasn't enough!
  • Options
    rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    mrsmoose wrote: »
    Ooh another status to keep you going .. :p

"Loving my new bed thing is i feel 20ft high haha xx"

I commented "You never mentioned you were getting a bed..."

And someone else has commented " Have you got a new bed or something?"

I have never wanted to like something more :D I almost wish I knew the person so I could like those replies

I just realised, I don't really get any statuses worthy of this thread on my facebook, which must mean I'm the one posting all the stupid stuff :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's a girl I know quite well from school who is SO flippin' annoying on Facebook/Twitter, you wouldn't believe it. In real life she's quite a fun and approachable sort of person. But online she's seemingly got the blackest of black clouds hanging over her. Every single status/tweet is a whinge, whether it's about Uni, her job or the fact that she's single - you name it, she'll whinge about it! It's particularly the fact that she's single that most of her whinges seem to focus on. Every couple of days she'll do a tweet/status about how she's hanging out with her cats, and then end with some desperate plea about how she wishes the cats were a nice boyfriend instead. :rolleyes: And if the statuses/tweets weren't bad enough, she ALWAYS posts pictures of herself, usually once or twice a day! What makes it worse is that in the caption underneath every picture, she'll always state how ugly she is. So she might put something like, "Eurgh! Look horrible once again this morning. #eww #disgusting #whowouldwanttogooutwithme" So bloody irritating!

One time after a particularly bad run of 'I'm lonely and so depressed' statuses (accompanied with pictures), I decided to private message her to try and reassure her about everything, and also to encourage her to get help if she kept feeling this way. Then suddenly she started perking up. "Oh, don't worry! It's not THAT bad. I've still got all my friends and everything, and I'm interested in a few guys at the moment. Thanks for the advice though." At first I thought she seemed genuine. But after going through a few more of these things with her tweets/statuses getting more depressive and me trying to reassure her, I finally realised it was all just for attention. It took me a while, but I got there. :p I've been thinking of unfollowing/unfriending her for a while now but I can never get myself to go through with it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's a girl I know quite well from school who is SO flippin' annoying on Facebook/Twitter, you wouldn't believe it. In real life she's quite a fun and approachable sort of person. But online she's seemingly got the blackest of black clouds hanging over her. Every single status/tweet is a whinge, whether it's about Uni, her job or the fact that she's single - you name it, she'll whinge about it! It's particularly the fact that she's single that most of her whinges seem to focus on. Every couple of days she'll do a tweet/status about how she's hanging out with her cats, and then end with some desperate plea about how she wishes the cats were a nice boyfriend instead. :rolleyes: And if the statuses/tweets weren't bad enough, she ALWAYS posts pictures of herself, usually once or twice a day! What makes it worse is that in the caption underneath every picture, she'll always state how ugly she is. So she might put something like, "Eurgh! Look horrible once again this morning. #eww #disgusting #whowouldwanttogooutwithme" So bloody irritating!

One time after a particularly bad run of 'I'm lonely and so depressed' statuses (accompanied with pictures), I decided to private message her to try and reassure her about everything, and also to encourage her to get help if she kept feeling this way. Then suddenly she started perking up. "Oh, don't worry! It's not THAT bad. I've still got all my friends and everything, and I'm interested in a few guys at the moment. Thanks for the advice though." At first I thought she seemed genuine. But after going through a few more of these things with her tweets/statuses getting more depressive and me trying to reassure her, I finally realised it was all just for attention. It took me a while, but I got there. :p I've been thinking of unfollowing/unfriending her for a while now but I can never get myself to go through with it.

My Sister is like this but has a boyfriend . Its the constant whinge posts, moaning and complaining , all day, every day. She has a 40 grand a year job , moans about that, new house , moans about that , nice car , moans about that , hunky boyfriend , moans about that , 3 holidays a year abroad , moans about that , thinks shes 'too fat' 'too ugly' 'I look horrible' ' cant get anything to fit '

wah wah wah

For Christ's sake shut up . This is my Sister so I cant unfriend her unfortunatley :(:o

:D
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

All of the people on mine who check into their comfy bed are single women. I wonder if they hope some big hunk will say "oh I wish I was in it with you"
  • Options
    kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    I wonder if anyone on here has recognised that one of their facebook posts have made this thread :D
  • Options
    VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yeah I notice some people just say nothing and deactivate! Chances are a lot of people won't notice. The 300 'friends' we have aren't real friends. Your real friends and family members will of course notice but you talk to them outside Facebook and have their phone numbers and email addresses? "Oh I was fed up with all the time it was taking up, I prefer to text/email or chat on the phone" probably works.

It's tempting when idiots post stuff like this....

http://0.tqn.com/d/urbanlegends/1/0/V/7/1/100-shares-heart-transplant.gif

...on your timeline, isn't it? I've a few giddy aunts who do all that.
This discussion has been closed.