Options

'Football/Sports coverage that can be viewed on freesat, updated weekly!'

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 385
Forum Member
This thread will be updated every Friday to show all Live football matches that are available to freesat customers, as well as a pick of highlights shows & other sports coverage. All information on here will come from my knowledge and the TV & Satellite listings magazine.

Before anyone says, I know many of these will be available on freeview & all will be on subscription services, but I have freesat and I am simply posting what is available to viewers with this service.

Firstly, here are all of the live matches available to freesat viewers over the coming week, including some big European semi-finals:-

Friday 26th April
Scottish Premier League
Ross County v Dundee United
19:35 KO
BBC ALBA

Saturday 27th April
Welsh Premier League
Bala Town v Connah's Quay
15:45 KO
S4C (English commentary is available if you set your boxes first language to Welsh. There is a vidiprinter at the bottom of the screen updating scores from all professional UK leagues.)

Tuesday 30th April
UEFA Champions League Semi Final 2nd Leg
Real Madrid v Borussia Dortmund
19:30pm (19:45 KO)
ITV/ITV HD

Thursday 2nd May
UEFA Europa League Semi Final 2nd Leg
Chelsea v FC Basel
19:45pm (20:05 KO)
ITV/ITV HD

Thursday 2nd May
Benfica v Fenerbahce
20:05 KO
ITV4

As well as Live football, there are also many of the usual highlights shows to look out for. These include Match of the Day and The Football League Show, on Saturday from 22:30pm on BBC1/BBC1 HD. Match of the Day 2 is on the same channel on Sunday, starting at 22:25pm. The Bundesliga highlights show is also on Monday at 23:05pm on ITV4.

Finally, a look at a few other sporting events for the week. The World Championship Snooker continues every day, coverageof each session is usually from 10am/1pm/7pm on BBC1/BBC2/BBC Red Button.
The IPL also continues every day, with coverage from 11am (some days) & 3pm every day.

That's it for this week, I hope you enjoy the sport.

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    Even better news, S4C have secured the rights to show one of the conference play off semi final 2nd legs on Sunday afternoon. I will add the information below:-

Sunday 28th April
    Blue Square Bet Premier Play-Off Semi Final 2nd Leg
    Newport County v Grimsby Town
    16:00pm (16:30 KO)
    S4C

English commentary is available by same method as mentioned in 1st post.
  • Options
    M60M60 Posts: 5,597
    Forum Member
    The mods should pin this thread.
  • Options
    TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,417
    Forum Member
    coadyltfc wrote: »
    ...Finally, a look at a few other sporting events for the week. The World Championship Snooker continues every day, coverageof each session is usually from 10am/1pm/7pm on BBC1/BBC2/BBC Red Button.
    The IPL also continues every day, with coverage from 11am (some days) & 3pm every day.

That's it for this week, I hope you enjoy the sport.

Thank you indeed, my good sir, for providing this public service for it is appreciated. :)
  • Options
    peter05peter05 Posts: 3,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    M60 wrote: »
    The mods should pin this thread.

Yes please mods, could you please pin this thread
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No worries, I'm glad it helps so many people.

I'm really pleased about the BSP Play off Semi Final, it's the only domestic play off on FTA TV. If a Welsh side gets to the final, I really hope S4C can attain the rights for that too. I know it's ambitious, but it's a surprisingly good league that picked up a strong following a few years back on Setanta. I'd love to see more BSP on FTA channels in future.
  • Options
    ccb2011ccb2011 Posts: 335
    Forum Member
    Maybe it counts as next week but don't forget Scrum V rugby on BBC2 Wales and BBC2 Northern Ireland next Friday at 7:30 - last game of the season I think. I've contacted BBC to see if this will be on Red Button. I have Freeview but love the forum - really good idea.

And for snooker fans like me, from tonight - BBC2 shows an hour of evening snooker at 7pm - so BBC2 should have one table on and for an hour BBC Red Button should show the other table - then at 8pm it will switch to the table that was on BBC2.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ccb2011 wrote: »
    Maybe it counts as next week but don't forget Scrum V rugby on BBC2 Wales and BBC2 Northern Ireland next Friday at 7:30 - last game of the season I think. I've contacted BBC to see if this will be on Red Button. I have Freeview but love the forum - really good idea.

And for snooker fans like me, from tonight - BBC2 shows an hour of evening snooker at 7pm - so BBC2 should have one table on and for an hour BBC Red Button should show the other table - then at 8pm it will switch to the table that was on BBC2.

Firstly, I only pick a few other sports and highlights each week so do miss occasional events. Regarding the snooker, however, I would strongly agree with you to check the red button if you can't see it on TV, as it's usually on.

Ronnie O'Sullivan's game is a repeat of last years final with Ali Carter and begins today at 14:30pm live on BBC1 HD.

Finally, more good news! ITV4 have decided to show both legs of the FA Youth Cup final, after th ratings success of the Semi's. Here are the 1st leg details:-

Monday 29th April
    FA Youth Cup Final 1st Leg
    Norwich City v Chelsea
    19:45pm KO
    ITV4

Enjoy it, should be a very good game.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ...Thursday 2nd May
    Chelsea v FC Basel
    19:45pm (20:05 KO)
    ITV/ITV HD

...which I am watching right now! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ...which I am watching right now! :)

Likewise, very much hoping an English team makes the final.

It's a shame there's not a lot of football on free TV next week due to football league play off's, but the big cup finals & internationals the following 2 weeks more than make up for it!

News has just broken that S4C have not been able to get Welsh language rights for the Conference play off final, unfortunately.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Likewise, very much hoping an English team makes the final.

It's a shame there's not a lot of football on free TV next week due to football league play off's, but the big cup finals & internationals the following 2 weeks more than make up for it!

News has just broken that S4C have not been able to get Welsh language rights for the Conference play off final, unfortunately.

...and indeed they have, coadyltfc, and Chelsea will now be travelling to Amsterdam for the final. It was a good game and best goal goes to David Luiz.

Although it's a disappointment about Wrexham vs. Newport match, at least there's the FA Cup Final to look forward to. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ...and indeed they have, coadyltfc, and Chelsea will now be travelling to Amsterdam for the final. It was a good game and best goal goes to David Luiz.

Although it's a disappointment about Wrexham vs. Newport match, at least there's the FA Cup Final to look forward to. :)

Yeah, there's 5 finals on freesat before the end of May, with England v Ireland at the end of the month. The Confederations cup then runs through much of June, so it's looking good for football fans this summer!
  • Options
    davemurgatroyddavemurgatroyd Posts: 13,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Information TV tonight at 19.15 has greyhound racing from Sunderland and Romford. In non-freesat mode Controversial TV (11222 H 27500 2/3) has wrestling tonight at 22.00 and boxing at 22.30.

For those who still have a Sky dodgibox and FTV card - LiverpoolFC TV has Arsenal vs Liverpool U21s tonight at 18.15. Motors TV has World Endurance Championship from Spa Francorchamps from 13.00 tomorrow.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Information TV tonight at 19.15 has greyhound racing from Sunderland and Romford. In non-freesat mode Controversial TV (11222 H 27500 2/3) has wrestling tonight at 22.00 and boxing at 22.30.

For those who still have a Sky dodgibox and FTV card - LiverpoolFC TV has Arsenal vs Liverpool U21s tonight at 18.15. Motors TV has World Endurance Championship from Spa Francorchamps from 13.00 tomorrow.

I've mentioned the greyhound racing on my past thread a few times, a good watch. Regarding your second point, you need to post that in the Freesat from Sky section of the forum, as that information can't be used by freesat users.
  • Options
    coolrobertcoolrobert Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    What is the deal.Frequency 12644 Astra 1E-3A 23.5 is says that BT Sports says its coming soon does that mean Freesat have made some sort of deal for Pay tv. or when it goes Live will it will be Scrambled
  • Options
    Forum Member
    coolrobert wrote: »
    What is the deal.Frequency 12644 Astra 1E-3A 23.5 is says that BT Sports says its coming soon does that mean Freesat have made some sort of deal for Pay tv. or when it goes Live will it will be Scrambled

The BT sports channels will be fully encrypted and a subscription will have to be paid to view them. However, they will be marketed separately by BT and will not be bundled up and offered by Sky along their sports channels, i.e. more like Setanta and less like ESPN.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There are 2 huge weeks of Cup finals & decisive games coming up. Many of these finals are available to freesat viewers and provide a fortnight of great football! I will detail the first week's games below:-

Saturday 11th May
    Welsh Premier League
    Bangor City v Bala Town
    14:00 KO
    S4C

Saturday 11th May
    The F.A. Cup Final
    Manchester City v Wigan Athletic
    15:15pm (17:15 KO)
    ITV/ITV HD

Sunday 12th May
    Scottish Premier League
    Motherwell v Ross County
    16:05 KO
    BBC ALBA

Monday 13th May
    F.A. Youth Cup Final 2nd Leg
    Chelsea v Norwich City
    19:45 KO
    ITV4

Wednesday 15th May
    UEFA Europa League Final
    Chelsea v Benfica
    19:45 KO
    ITV/ITV HD

In addition to these live games, the penultimate Match of the Day & MOTD 2 take place, with some decisive games in the race for Champions League Qualification & Premier League Survival. It is also the penultimate Bundesliga highlights show next Monday, with similar places up for grabs.

In other sport, the final IPL group games are completed next week, deciding who qualifies for the play offs.

I hope you enjoy some of the big games this week & I'll be back with another post next Friday or Saturday.
  • Options
    Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also a weekend of live F1 on the BBC

Friday 10th May
    F1 Spanish Grand Prix practice 1
    8.55am - 1035am
    BBC2 (HD)

F1 Spanish Grand Prix practice 2
    1.00pm - 2.45pm
    BBC2 (HD)

Saturday 11th May
    F1 Spanish Grand Prix practice 3
    9.55am - 11.10am
    BBC2 (HD)

Saturday 11th May
    F1 Spanish Grand Prix qualifying
    12.10pm - 2.15pm
    BBC1 (HD)

Sunday 12th May
    F1 Spanish Grand Prix race
    12.10pm - 3.15pm
    BBC1 (HD)

and for Rugby League fans

Saturday 11th May
    Challenge Cup 5th Round Live
    Huddersfield Giants v Leeds Rhinos
    12.15pm - 4.35pm
    BBC1 (HD)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mickey_T wrote: »
    Also a weekend of live F1 on the BBC

Friday 10th May
    F1 Spanish Grand Prix practice 1
    8.55am - 1035am
    BBC2 (HD)

F1 Spanish Grand Prix practice 2
    1.00pm - 2.45pm
    BBC2 (HD)

Saturday 11th May
    F1 Spanish Grand Prix practice 3
    9.55am - 11.10am
    BBC2 (HD)

Saturday 11th May
    F1 Spanish Grand Prix qualifying
    12.10pm - 2.15pm
    BBC1 (HD)

Sunday 12th May
    F1 Spanish Grand Prix race
    12.10pm - 3.15pm
    BBC1 (HD)

and for Rugby League fans

Saturday 11th May
    Challenge Cup 5th Round Live
    Huddersfield Giants v Leeds Rhinos
    12.15pm - 4.35pm
    BBC1 (HD)

Cheers Mickey, I completely forgot about the F1 this week! Great weekend added to the FA Cup Final.
  • Options
    DragonQDragonQ Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Slightly related, if you have Freesat From Sky and BT Broadband, you'll be able to get all three of BT Sport's channels in HD for free. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    DragonQ wrote: »
    Slightly related, if you have Freesat From Sky and BT Broadband, you'll be able to get all three of BT Sport's channels in HD for free. :)

They should have made this a pay extra on the freesat free time box, they could have nicked even more sky broadband customers then!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    Lots coming up for Tennis fans!...

ITV HD/ITV4
    French Open - 26th May to 9th June

BBC One HD/BBC Two HD
    AEGON Championships (Queens) - 10th to 16th June
    AEGON International (Eastbourne) - 17th to 22nd June
    Wimbledon - 24th June to 7th July
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should have made this a pay extra on the freesat free time box, they could have nicked even more sky broadband customers then!
    Freesat boxes have no smart cards for conditional access. It could be done over IPTV like with YouView but I don't know if <free time> is built for this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    tempobus wrote: »
    Lots coming up for Tennis fans!...

ITV HD/ITV4
    French Open - 26th May to 9th June

BBC One HD/BBC Two HD
    AEGON Championships (Queens) - 10th to 16th June
    AEGON International (Eastbourne) - 17th to 22nd June
    Wimbledon - 24th June to 7th July

I know, I can't wait for it! The French Open coverage was excellent on ITV4 last year, I hope it will be of a similar quality again.

I'm a bit worried about Wimbledon now the BBC Red Button is single stream, which presumably means there will only be 2 courts shown live on TV? The rest will be online, like the snooker was at times in the last fortnight.
    Freesat boxes have no smart cards for conditional access. It could be done over IPTV like with YouView but I don't know if <free time> is built for this.

I know, it may be possible & would seem sensible for BT as there's no risk of freesat taking their broadband & phone customers obviously. Just seems like they could gain an even greater advantage over Sky here!
  • Options
    davemurgatroyddavemurgatroyd Posts: 13,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No chance - BT are using the address a Sky subscription card is linked to to confirm that the customer has indeed got the requisite BT broadband requirement to avoid fraudulent attempts to use other peoples BT broadband accounts so virtually no chance of anything other than Sky subscribed homes for the "free" version.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No chance - BT are using the address a Sky subscription card is linked to to confirm that the customer has indeed got the requisite BT broadband requirement to avoid fraudulent attempts to use other peoples BT broadband accounts so virtually no chance of anything other than Sky subscribed homes for the "free" version.
    You do not need a Sky subscription. Just an active Sky viewing card.