Options

Female boxers

LucianBLucianB Posts: 569
Forum Member
✭✭
I know this chick who is a boxer. I've never seen female boxing, not even on youtube or whatever. I told her I'd go to her next fight but I'm not sure how I feel about women beating each other up. I'm confused on how I'm supposed to feel really as people say 'if men do it then women should be allowed to' Now I'm all for sexual eqaulity and so on, but boxing?....eeerrrr..I dunno.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure if you call her a chick to her face you will find out how good a boxer she is.......
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 171
    Forum Member
    its not something id personally be interested in watching, though if it was to support a friend i guess id make an exception. havent an issue with it, like most things if participants are aware of the risks involved and still want to do it, then crack on
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure if you call her a chick to her face you will find out how good a boxer she is.......
    OK, thanks for that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    its not something id personally be interested in watching, though if it was to support a friend i guess id make an exception. havent an issue with it, like most things if participants are aware of the risks involved and still want to do it, then crack on
    It's even harder when it's a mate, especially when they get their ass kicked.
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have sparred with women before and also met many tough women working the doors and in security. There are some bloody tough women out there. Maybe you should go to a boxing gym and see for yourself.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have sparred with women before and also met many tough women working the doors and in security. There are some bloody tough women out there. Maybe you should go to a boxing gym and see for yourself.
    I've trained with women in thai boxing and wing chun over the years. One was a lap dancer and the other was some office bird, both of which were there just for a bit of CV. I'm talking about women beating the shit out of each other, not training on pads or a bag to tone up their buttocks. Women bleeding and bruised up..is it cool?
  • Options
    PrimalIcePrimalIce Posts: 2,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LucianB wrote: »
    Now I'm all for sexual eqaulity and so on, but boxing?....eeerrrr..I dunno.

So you are not really for equality then? Sometimes is not equality, mostly is not equality. Equality is having the same rights ALL the same and if women want to box so what?

What is it you are unsure about exactly? Its their choice, do you think that women are perhaps not as capable as making this decision as men are or is it something else?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PrimalIce wrote: »
    So you are not really for equality then? Sometimes is not equality, mostly is not equality. Equality is having the same rights ALL the same and if women want to box so what?

What is it you are unsure about exactly? Its their choice, do you think that women are perhaps not as capable as making this decision as men are or is it something else?
    Equality in the sense of ying and yang, not ying and ying such as the time my sister tried to piss standing up to copy me and my brother (we were young kids at the time btw lol)

I don't think I'd like seeing a woman being beaten up as I see women as something precious and delicate. Thats just the way I am and feel.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've trained with women in thai boxing and wing chun over the years. One was a lap dancer and the other was some office bird, both of which were there just for a bit of CV. I'm talking about women beating the shit out of each other, not training on pads or a bag to tone up their buttocks. Women bleeding and bruised up..is it cool?

Yes boxing is cool. Its a great sport.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also beings how domestic abuse is 90% aimed at women, would female boxing not desensitise men to the image of a woman being beaten up and exasperate the issue?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also beings how domestic abuse is 90% aimed at women, would female boxing not desensitise men to the image of a woman being beaten up and exasperate the issue?

No because one is abuse, one is a choice and a popular sport.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm actually lost for words.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No because one is abuse, one is a choice and a popular sport.
    I don't think you get what I said.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think you get what I said.

I think I did. There is no link between the two.
  • Options
    CitizenofPhobosCitizenofPhobos Posts: 1,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure about Boxing but Women's MMA these days seems to be more exciting than the men! they go all out!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know this chick who is a boxer. I've never seen female boxing, not even on youtube or whatever. I told her I'd go to her next fight but I'm not sure how I feel about women beating each other up. I'm confused on how I'm supposed to feel really as people say 'if men do it then women should be allowed to' Now I'm all for sexual eqaulity and so on, but boxing?....eeerrrr..I dunno.

Here are some Youtube videos showing women boxing.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/HCIF0nNWNqkr0
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I did. There is no link between the two.
    I mean over time if more people took an interest in it men would become desensitised to the image of a woman getting beat up. The less sesitive you are to something, the more normal the behavior becomes. See where I'm going now?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woodbush wrote: »
    Here are some Youtube videos showing women boxing.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/HCIF0nNWNqkr0

Damn it, now i have to go beat my lady housemate.... :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Damn it, now i have to go beat my lady housemate.... :(
    Why is that?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is that?

I felt complelled too becuase i watched women boxing.....

....however, she kicked my ass.
  • Options
    DinkyDoobieDinkyDoobie Posts: 17,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What about a man who had gender reassignment surgery fighting other women?

http://live.huffingtonpost.com/r/segment/mma-fighter-fallon-fox-comes-out-as-transgender/5138c3f702a7601f520000a9
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I felt complelled too becuase i watched women boxing.....

....however, she kicked my ass.
    Oh OK. Good to see the decades of research on desensitisation techniques by academics was in fact true. Begining to think some random genius of wit from an internet forum might know more for a second then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol..cool
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's a bit contradictory isn't it?

If she wants to do it then that's her prerogative, just support her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And it's perfectly fine for men to do all that to each other?