Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm hoping that will only apply to the owner and not to the visitors. :o

It's a Tory tax. He's taxing the sick and the unemployed! :mad:
  • Options
    chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have a great day peeps. I'm switching Ferris off before the party political broadcast. :D

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc49/dagenhamkeith/ROFLMAO%20-%20LOL/LMAO-1.gif
  • Options
    Virgin QueenVirgin Queen Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm hoping that will only apply to the owner and not to the visitors. :o
    chinchin wrote: »
    It's a Tory tax. He's taxing the sick and the unemployed! :mad:

Well, I am sick and unemployed. Well, I'm retired and have very dodgy knees.........:mad:
  • Options
    makeba72makeba72 Posts: 5,723
    Forum Member
    Well, I am sick and unemployed. Well, I'm retired and have very dodgy knees.........:mad:

In that case, I'd just post your purse off to the Tax office right now. ;)
  • Options
    NosediveNosedive Posts: 6,602
    Forum Member
    Looks like LBC have been doing their usual this afternoon.

Going beserk over the 'breaking news' that Beckham is retiring. Announce it on the news bulleteins fair enough, but JHB has been emphasing it over and over again inbetween as if it's an earth shattering event. Even taking calls on it in the last hour. Enough already LBC.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just turned the radio back on again to see what's going on with Dale. Guess what? Some caller waffling on about David Beckham. Perhaps its just me. I switched it straight back off again. Try radio 4's PM program instead in a few minutes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had to do it...Phoned up LBC to listen to Judas Clegg.Got on...and true to form NF would not let me respond.I asked NC why MP's who supposedly work so hard take months,years to get new law through...Waffler responsed some bs about the bank criis of 2008,i wanted a rebuttal and say 'Forget five years ago,above your pay grade...i mean...referendum...or something which affects the country now...Ooer...NF had to put another caller through and then swoon over NC as he left the studio...:mad:
  • Options
    Charlie DrakeCharlie Drake Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had to do it...Phoned up LBC to listen to Judas Clegg.Got on...and true to form NF would not let me respond.I asked NC why MP's who supposedly work so hard take months,years to get new law through...Waffler responsed some bs about the bank criis of 2008,i wanted a rebuttal and say 'Forget five years ago,above your pay grade...i mean...referendum...or something which affects the country now...Ooer...NF had to put another caller through and then swoon over NC as he left the studio...:mad:

Fair play to you, b of j for making the effort.

This is a topic on this thread that I find particularly fascinating, the experiences of callers 'at the coal face'.

Thanks for the post.
  • Options
    gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I thought you were very polite. :D
  • Options
    HappyTreeHappyTree Posts: 4,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I updated my LBC app and it works again. I guess they change something to force you to update.
  • Options
    Flying4XFlying4X Posts: 469
    Forum Member

Will podcast to hear your call Jonnie - everything these governments promise will be in 2 years time plus another 2, except when it is to punish the poor and vulnerable, then its immediate. Imagine telling HMRC you will pay in two years time!
  • Options
    clitheroe1clitheroe1 Posts: 4,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iain Dale was being very selective with his facts today. On his show this afternoon, he had a segment about whether all political party leaders useless and to make a case against Ed Miliband, he said Labour's lead in the polls had fallen to 3%, which I assume was based in the results from the latest Ipsos Mori poll. However, I've just checked the YouGov website and it's showing the Labour lead over the Tories as being 10%. The research for both polls was carried out yesterday. All other recent polls have put the Labour lead at between 6% and 11%, so the Ipsos Mori polls is currently looking like a rogue. Quoting that result without giving context of other poll results gives a false impression of the current levels of support for the parties and looks like sloppy research and misleading information.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    clitheroe1 wrote: »
    Iain Dale was being very selective with his facts today. On his show this afternoon, he had a segment about whether all political party leaders useless and to make a case against Ed Miliband, he said Labour's lead in the polls had fallen to 3%, which I assume was based in the results from the latest Ipsos Mori poll. However, I've just checked the YouGov website and it's showing the Labour lead over the Tories as being 10%. The research for both polls was carried out yesterday. All other recent polls have put the Labour lead at between 6% and 11%, so the Ipsos Mori polls is currently looking like a rogue. Quoting that result without giving context of other poll results gives a false impression of the current levels of support for the parties and looks like sloppy research and misleading information.

I'm always suspicious when politicians and political pundits spout statistics in favour of their arguments.
    Figures can mean anything you want them to mean. :mad:
  • Options
    redvers36redvers36 Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's just plain 'rancid'

- another from his overused word portfolio

At least James O'Brien stopped discussing drugs a while back. He used to go on and on about them... ZZZZZZZZZZ
  • Options
    Forum Member

I wondered if that was you when I was listening yesterday Jonnie. I'd seen your name on here but didn't hear him introduce you properly. I thought it was a great question and was very disappointed with Clegg's answer and when I felt Farrari cut you short without the chance to respond. Sometimes he does let people do this but he didn't then. Well done.
  • Options
    ~Twinkle~~Twinkle~ Posts: 8,166
    Forum Member
    My dial has been reset to 97.3 for the next two nights on LBC. Yes, NA can be a rude so-and-so when he wants to be, he can make my blood boil at times but he's got that certain something that makes him totally "listenable to".

Friday and Saturday at 10.00pm ... LBC radio at its best.
  • Options
    clitheroe1clitheroe1 Posts: 4,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't generally listen to Call Clegg when it goes out live but often catch it on the Best of NF on Saturday mornings so I will listen out for your question tomorrow.

Your description of how NF prevented you from asking a follow up question is typical of the bias in favour of the Tory-led government that he regularly shows and his fawning approach to Clegg. Full credit to you for attempting to take Clegg on even though the DPM seems to have given you his usual non-answer.
  • Options
    balthasarbalthasar Posts: 2,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What sort age group does LBC appeal to ? I heard a Funeral plan advert....
  • Options
    RedunitedRedunited Posts: 1,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some weirdo callers very right wing nutcases.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    balthasar wrote: »

Well, we can die at any age but I would think that talk radio would appeal to older people rather than teenagers.
    However, I stand to be corrected.
  • Options
    radiodadradiodad Posts: 2,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, we can die at any age but I would think that talk radio would appeal to older people rather than teenagers.

You are correct, the actual reason Iain Lee was brought in was to bring down the average audience age as the audience was quite literally dieing.
  • Options
    Paul EastonPaul Easton Posts: 328
    Forum Member
    balthasar wrote: »

40.8% of LBC's audience is under 45 - which means 59.2% are 45+

Here's the full breakdown:
    • Adults 15-24 7.9%
    • Adults 25-34 13.8%
    • Adults 35-44 19.1%
    • Adults 45-54 24.8%
    • Adults 55-64 16.5%
    • Adults 65-74 11.5%
    • Adults 75+ 6.4%
    Male/Female split is about 52%/48%

ABC1/C2DE split is 68.5%/31.5%

(Source: Rajar Q1/2013).

It's also perhaps worth mentioning that the overall balance has not changed much over the past 4-5 years.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    40.8% of LBC's audience is under 45 - which means 59.2% are 45+

Here's the full breakdown:
    • Adults 15-24 7.9%
    • Adults 25-34 13.8%
    • Adults 35-44 19.1%
    • Adults 45-54 24.8%
    • Adults 55-64 16.5%
    • Adults 65-74 11.5%
    • Adults 75+ 6.4%
    Male/Female split is about 52%/48%

ABC1/C2DE split is 68.5%/31.5%

(Source: Rajar Q1/2013).

It's also perhaps worth mentioning that the overall balance has not changed much over the past 4-5 years.

So it's LBC SAGA:p And not CLUB IBIZA:p Except when NF says words like 'Wicked or Cool'...:confused:
  • Options
    gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Julia's programme today on miscarriage and stillbirth very difficult listening. It's brave of her to tackle it, given her own experience.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clitheroe1 wrote: »
    I don't generally listen to Call Clegg when it goes out live but often catch it on the Best of NF on Saturday mornings so I will listen out for your question tomorrow.

Your description of how NF prevented you from asking a follow up question is typical of the bias in favour of the Tory-led government that he regularly shows and his fawning approach to Clegg. Full credit to you for attempting to take Clegg on even though the DPM seems to have given you his usual non-answer.

Going to phone up next week and say that i never got an answer<speaking about the bankers was NC idea of why parliament takes so long to get things done??>..and attempt to put the same question.I might get on as NF/NC love in is now worse than NF love in with Blagger Johnson!:o and the thirty minutes is becoming pointless as NC makes a comment about his 'Arse-nal and Barca':mad:
This discussion has been closed.