Options

Tina Malone is pregnant!

Comments

• Options
    miaowmiaow Posts: 8,495
    Forum Member
    Congrats to her, hope it all goes well. I like her.

A lot of women are having kids in their 40s now, so I don't think her son/daughter will be the odd one out with an older parent. It's only a few years difference.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    This is wrong on so many levels
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Osusana wrote: »
    Mm I bet you don't have parents that were 50 when you were conceived.
    Age is very important in a parent

The trouble is, she probably isn't thinking beyond the 'cute baby' stage. By the time she's in her mid-60s she'll have a nightmare teenager on her hands.
  • Options
    workhorseworkhorse Posts: 2,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    downtonfan wrote: »
    She wants a kid for all the wrong reasons. She's being extremely selfish to the child.

Tina Jr in ten years. "This is my mummy, not my granny"

I expect she wants a child for the same reasons most woman do.nothing selfish about that.no reason to predict Tina Jr would want to insult the feelings of his/her mother.
  • Options
    GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    Was she do it to saved her relationship?
  • Options
    TrishaSTrishaS Posts: 3,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know Tina Malone but the only thing that I find odd is why the need to have everything on This Morning, even down to revealing she is pregnant at 5 weeks :confused:

It just seems to be an odd way to behave, more like a publicity stunt.
  • Options
    livingdeadgirllivingdeadgirl Posts: 624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't like her personally but I hope for her sake that this works out for her. Part of me also wonders could she not have got a surrogate? Then she wouldn't have to worry so much about her pregnancy coz the reality is, she's gonna be classed as a high risk pregnancy because of her age and the IVF conception. I hope it does but there's a good chance that this might not go to plan.
  • Options
    Mr DangerousMr Dangerous Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TrishaS wrote: »
    I don't know Tina Malone but the only thing that I find odd is why the need to have everything on This Morning, even down to revealing she is pregnant at 5 weeks :confused:

Taking lessons from Jordan.....:p:p
  • Options
    chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member

One word...cash...
  • Options
    DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like her personally but I hope for her sake that this works out for her. Part of me also wonders could she not have got a surrogate? Then she wouldn't have to worry so much about her pregnancy coz the reality is, she's gonna be classed as a high risk pregnancy because of her age and the IVF conception. I hope it does but there's a good chance that this might not go to plan.
    IVF with donated eggs will be cheaper than surrogate plus you have the risk that the surrogate mother refuses to hand over the baby.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member

i just know her from Brookside , hope all goes well for them :)
  • Options
    j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    Regardless of her age, she doesn't seem very stable to me. Having a baby with a toyboy at 50 isn't the most sensible thing to do either. Good luck to her I suppose.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IVF with donated eggs will be cheaper than surrogate plus you have the risk that the surrogate mother refuses to hand over the baby.

This exactly. She won't be high risk with donated eggs either.
  • Options
    brumiladbrumilad Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It might sound rude but nobody wants their mother attending their graduation with white hair and dentures when everyone else's parents are just starting to show some signs of greying or senile and incontinent at their wedding, if they live that long. We live in a world where being 70 and having a child just going to university is not normal, nature dictates certain things for a reason.
    Lets face it kids that age will find any reason to be embarrassed by their parents. But ultimately we grow up and if our parent raise us well and with love we don't give two hoots how old they are.

Although certainly I do think there are issues playing with nature and also health implications in having children so late in life but I don't see much of a problem in a 50 year old raising a baby. We're still supposedly all fit enough to work full time for those years we'll be raising.

The whole 'the poor kid will have to suffer the indignity of a parent with a few grey hairs' is a bit of a weak argument. And I think a lot of those sneering would hit the roof if you dared to say something similar about how gays or disabled parents shouldn't be raising kids for similar reason of being seen as different from all the other parents.
  • Options
    DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    j4Rose wrote: »
    Regardless of her age, she doesn't seem very stable to me. Having a baby with a toyboy at 50 isn't the most sensible thing to do either. Good luck to her I suppose.

I agree before she embarked onivf she is reported to have said they wanted a baby or s puppy :O
  • Options
    DemonicrodentDemonicrodent Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't stand the woman, maybe there will be 'complications' :)
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't stand the woman, maybe there will be 'complications' :)

That's more than unpleasant, unnecessary and totally vile.

I can't stand the woman and think it's totally wrong that she's embarked on IVF at the age of 50; however, I wouldn't wish her any ill and hope the baby is healthy and well loved.
  • Options
    gregsanisongregsanison Posts: 648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ugghhhhhhhhh this is horrifying news!
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I can't stand the woman and think it's totally wrong that she's embarked on IVF at the age of 50; however, I wouldn't wish her any ill and hope the baby is healthy and well loved.

Agree Pru. I don't really agree with what she's done but, now she is pregnant, I hope all goes well for her and her unborn child
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it will glide out. to be hones t though i feel she shouldnt have revealed this yet, its far too early for this to not go wrong. touch wood it doesnt. if she is truly happy and its not just a mid life crisis thing then im pleased for em
  • Options
    TrishaSTrishaS Posts: 3,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big 2 page spread in Sunday Mirror today, so it's all about the money :mad:
  • Options
    DemonicrodentDemonicrodent Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I didn't wish anything on her so don't acuse me of that. I just stated there may be complications given her old age. If something were to happen she will only have herself to blame.

Then I'm sure she will rush to the tabloids to sell her story and tell us all about it. Vile woman
  • Options
    Mr DangerousMr Dangerous Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Big 2 page spread in Sunday Mirror today, so it's all about the money :mad:

Oh what a surprise......:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭