Options

The Wright Stuff Discussion Thread (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    Blue did okay, 11th place is pretty good. Shame the juries marked them down on the live performance. Will be amazed if Bonnie avoids the bottom six.

BBC probably don't fancy the expense of hosting the show so churns out stuff that wouldn't win in a million years. The public choosing the representative is one thing but it's more important that we have a say on the actual song.

Those who say it's too political blates don't watch the show - it all comes down to the song. If it's dynamic with key changes and grabs you on the first listen then that's half the battle. Then you have to take it to Europe a few months ahead of the show to promote it.

or just get a load of Grannies in headscarves to clomp about on stage and represent your country.

:D

I too thought Daniella made a good panellist this week.
    Don't always agree with her, but I thought she made a good contribution.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Donal and Arlene!:eek: Please tell me they're not on all week.:(
  • Options
    barclay55barclay55 Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Extreme right wing" UKIP: "A Bunch Of Fruitcakes, Loonies And Closet Racists"
    Disenchanted Tories: "Swivel eyed loons"

So why so many UKIP local election votes at the beginning of the month then Arlene?
  • Options
    barclay55barclay55 Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Arlene "What we need is forceful voting" ??

(Push your vote hard into the ballot box?)
    On the basis of Arlene so far on TWS she should have been retired from Strictly a lot sooner.
  • Options
    Cherry-chocCherry-choc Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arlene is doing a whole week. Doughnal will be there for 4/5 days, he won't be there on Wed. Dan Wright will do Wed.

First caller on the UKIP TP was a hoot, actually demanding that Eastern European shops stock British goods. Laughing any harder would've woken my neighbours up :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Arlene is doing a whole week. Doughnal will be there for 4/5 days, he won't be there on Wed. Dan Wright will do Wed.

First caller on the UKIP TP was a hoot, actually demanding that Eastern European shops stock British goods. Laughing any harder would've woken my neighbours up :D

Thanks. Looks like my mornings will be more productive this week then. ;):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Donal was under a 'hot bed of security'? He couldn't even get mugged in Brixton!
  • Options
    TrishaSTrishaS Posts: 3,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matthew just called that batty old woman Grimbo :eek:

I thought the name originated on here :confused: if it did he must be reading these threads :eek:
  • Options
    shoppingqueenshoppingqueen Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    I think she said her nickname was Grimbo once and we stole it here! :D traumatised about her husband and his low jeans now. double trauma! :eek::)

I like Arlene, she is really pragmatic!
    Donal always gives stupid views that are not thought out!

The UKIP person was crazy and amusing lol!
    there is Romanian people washing car windows here in London and they came here as not part of the EU, so his argument didn't hold up! shops sell stuff the local people in the community will buy!

@barclay they were a protest vote! it will be interesting how they do in General Elections but its thought like the BNP they won't do as well as people are saying they will! People won't go that way in the end but don't mind in local elections.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I like Arlene, but that voice!!! It's like a corncrake.

Hurts my ears - and it sounded even worse when she was trying to talk and everyone else was talking at the same time.

There were several parts of today's show where all four of them were talking at the same time.

And never mind talking about should people wear jeans to weddings........the talking point should have been should octogenarian Grimbo's wear mini skirts.
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And never mind talking about should people wear jeans to weddings........the talking point should have been should octogenarian Grimbo's wear mini skirts.

I've seen people whose skin grafts after full body burns look more pleasant than The Grimbo's cleavage. Why does she continually borrow her granddaughter's clothes?!?!?

If she's on the show I wish they'd flag it up at the top via a warning like they do on the news for flash photography or scenes of mutiliation!

It's becoming more and more ludicrous that Wrighty takes the piss out of Kyle and his freakshow audience when there's little to seperate the two shows these days.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she said her nickname was Grimbo once and we stole it here! :D traumatised about her husband and his low jeans now. double trauma! :eek::)

I like Arlene, she is really pragmatic!
    Donal always gives stupid views that are not thought out!

The UKIP person was crazy and amusing lol!
    there is Romanian people washing car windows here in London and they came here as not part of the EU, so his argument didn't hold up! shops sell stuff the local people in the community will buy!

@barclay they were a protest vote! it will be interesting how they do in General Elections but its thought like the BNP they won't do as well as people are saying they will! People won't go that way in the end but don't mind in local elections.
    Pretty much this. Arlene is in a similar boat to Terry Christian - painful to listen to but they speak sense for the most part.

Very cosy the way the panellists all had connections with Sylvia Young. :yawn:

Adele Silva added nowt to the show, and isn't really eye candy either. Bronagh Waugh should be a big improvement.
  • Options
    TrishaSTrishaS Posts: 3,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked Arlene, she had plenty to say but agree with the poster who finds her voice annoying, corncrake is very apt :D

Can't stand Donal and his mealy mouthed comments, he seems to have trouble stringing a sentence together :eek:

Thought Adele looked great, pity she didnt add much to the prog this morning.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    TrishaS wrote: »
    I liked Arlene, she had plenty to say but agree with the poster who finds her voice annoying, corncrake is very apt :D

Can't stand Donal and his mealy mouthed comments, he seems to have trouble stringing a sentence together :eek:

Thought Adele looked great, pity she didnt add much to the prog this morning.

That would be me. :D

Its sort of corncrake mixed with magpie.
    Grating.

She looks fab for her age though.

That Grimbo should take note.
  • Options
    whirlingthunderwhirlingthunder Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    Can anybody remember The Wright Stuff as far back as to when James O'Brien and Kate Silverton were the resident guests, and there was just those two and Matthew who made up the panel?

Sure do - the trouble with remembering how good it used to be kept me watching in the vain hope it would get back on form. I threw the towel in eventually and don't regret it for one second - the best thing about the show is this forum, but its been that way for years! Big thanks to everyone still hanging in there - keep up the good fight comrades - I'm loving your work ;)
  • Options
    DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Arlene, but that voice!!! It's like a corncrake.

Hurts my ears - and it sounded even worse when she was trying to talk and everyone else was talking at the same time.

I disagree, but then I think she's a major MILF :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Two strident women and Donals weird ramblings and irritating breathing ( he makes a little intake of breath noise every few seconds, must get terrible wind!:D ) this morning. Get a grip Matthew!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Told you Bronagh Waugh would be an improvement, strong opinions on just about everything and even talked over Arlene at times. Can see why she has a radio show with Kieron Richardson.

Think everyone overreacted on the Sun TP, the only one who wasn't dripping with righteous indignation was the viewer who texted in. I'm Asian and it wouldn't have bothered me if the third Raj scenario mentioned lynching - it's tongue in cheek! No fan of The Sun or Rod Liddle but no need to string the hack up over a joke.
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DVDfever wrote: »
    I disagree, but then I think she's a major MILF :D

The word you're looking for there is GILF but I understand why you'd want to kid yourself! :D
  • Options
    smuxBsmuxB Posts: 528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Told you Bronagh Waugh would be an improvement..........

I've never heard of her before but I thought she was very good. Wouldn't mind seeing here as a regular panelist as opposed to a guest
  • Options
    DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    The word you're looking for there is GILF but I understand why you'd want to kid yourself! :D

Well.... a slightly older MILF ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How nice to parachute Ms Douvall in for her latest publicity stunt. Obviously transforming into Barbie isn't her fault in the slightest and is all down to the big bad surgeons :rolleyes:

Urgh. How lowbrow can TWS get? Even defending TOWIE just in case any of those fools decide not to do TWS in the future.
  • Options
    Ed R.MarleyEd R.Marley Posts: 9,172
    Forum Member
    The Oxo lady spent 25k to get an ip address - Looks like she was taken for a ride by her lawyer.
  • Options
    boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Oxo lady spent 25k to get an ip address - Looks like she was taken for a ride by her lawyer.

How would you go about it? and how much do you think you'd spend?, remember engaging a lawyers might cost £250 an hour plus.
  • Options
    divingbboydivingbboy Posts: 14,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think that was mainly the cost of initiating proceedings to get the ISP to divulge the identity of the person with the relevant IP address.
This discussion has been closed.