Options

Shooting in Woolwich, London

Comments

• Options
    AdsAds Posts: 37,182
    Forum Member
    TheBilly wrote: »
    Going by that LBC witness account do you think the two men are in this pic?
    He said police were there but were waiting for armed officers and stayed back for 20 minutes.
    And the men had the opportunity to do harm to others but didn't.

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/resources/images/2461491.jpg

I assume the two terrorists are in the back of the picture with police stand/crouching over them. Amazing to see random passers by just standing over the body though :confused:
  • Options
    Zizu58Zizu58 Posts: 3,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    valkay wrote: »
    Does anyone else shout Allah akbah, it's about time we stopped pussyfooting around these Muslims and start deporting them, irrespective of where they were born, they have given up any right to call themselves British.

Here's an interesting link to a mob chanting the same words.

http://frontpagemag.com/2013/raymond-ibrahim/video-christian-girls-gang-raped-in-egypt-to-screams-of-allahu-akbar/
  • Options
    ChizzlefaceChizzleface Posts: 8,221
    Forum Member
    Does anyone else shout Allah akbah, it's about time we stopped pussyfooting around these Muslims and start deporting them, irrespective of where they were born, they have given up any right to call themselves British.

Of course. A white guy shoots people in a school, he's a crazed lunatic. A person "of Muslim appearance" chops a guy's head off and he's a terrorist.

Can you not see the point? If anything, our society has already lost if we've become so ingrained in calling Muslims who do things like this terrorists, when all they are is nutjob psychopaths.
  • Options
    drykiddrykid Posts: 1,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    divingbboy wrote: »
    I'm hearing that the PM is going to be flying back from Paris. I hope not. Completely the wrong tact. Having a PM change plans gives terrorists the kind of influence and attention they crave.
    Possibly, but if there's the chance of more attacks imminent (which there could be, for all I know) then he can hardly leave it for someone else to look after.
  • Options
    thomas painthomas pain Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it's about time we stopped pussyfooting around these Muslims and start deporting them.

because persecuting Muslims is going to stop Islamist terrorism isn't it.
  • Options
    Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Screw that fictitious piece of nonsense and those that follow it, find these terrorist scumbags, give them a good kicking and throw them down a deep dark hole to die.
  • Options
    AdsAds Posts: 37,182
    Forum Member
    Ambassador wrote: »
    I've just checked with the Daily Mail and you'll be delighted to hear its readers are calm and collected

Bring back our soldiers from Afghanistan. Give them a pay rise and get them on the streets of every major city in the UK.

- W Smith, Perth, United Kingdom, 22/5/2013 16:24

How come US police can shoot to wound and all ours ever do is shoot to kill, you get shot in the legs by a HK MP5 9MM short round and I guarantee you that you won't be interested in anything else than than screaming for an ambulance you won't be able to walk either coppers here act more like south American death squads than they do well trained professionals.

- bogwoppit, wallingford, 22/5/2013 16:21

reat Britain 2013. Boy! Am I glad I'm a 76 year-old pensioner, widowed, with no dependants. I'M FIREPROOF FROM THE DEPTH OF DEPRAVITY INTO WHICH THIS COUNTRY IS SINKING. Bobby, Leicester

- Bobby, Leicester, United Kingdom, 22/5/2013 16:52

I am sat here, watching Peppa Pig with my two children. They are resting after their dinner and soon will have a bath and settle down for bed. Me? I am appalled that something like this can happen. My children are 4 & 2 and I dread what their futures beholds. What started as such an innocent afternoon has been feeling very sick and very sad. :( RIP - whoever you are.

- charlotte1978, BRISTOL, Algeria, 22/5/2013 16:38

Slightly tasteless to use this sad incident as as excuse to bash the Daily Mail
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

What about British born Muslims??
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope the two murdering scumbags die, terrorist scum.

As a nurse I would refuse to help with the treatment of such vile people.

You should probably cancel your pin then. You have read the NMC code, right?
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ITV London just showed a clip of the guy with the machete...they had blurred his face out but you could see him holding the machete with blood all over his hands! He was obviously being filmed by someone on a phone.

All very bizaare
  • Options
    fifilapewfifilapew Posts: 4,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Where would you 'deport' a British citizen too?

I find people who say the kind of things you've just said almost as scary as Muslim extremists.
  • Options
    James RalstonJames Ralston Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    Wow ! - Muslims already being blamed. What a surprise !

Not :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Evo102Evo102 Posts: 13,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So you don't want the assailants put on trial and jailed, just deported, sounds a bit soft.
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lovely. You'd kick out a british citizen who was born and bred in this country simply for being a muslim?

I don't think thats what they meant. I think they meant these people individually, not Muslims in general.
  • Options
    LFCKEV71LFCKEV71 Posts: 355
    Forum Member
    Is it a racist murder or a terrorist murder?
  • Options
    RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you to all replying to the Afghan question.

This thread is moving so fast, I can't keep up. lol
  • Options
    vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Good luck with that.
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ITV London just showed a clip of the guy with the machete...they had blurred his face out but you could see him holding the machete with blood all over his hands! He was obviously being filmed by someone on a phone.

All very bizaare

They asked members of the public to film them. I can't believe anyone would have done it but nothing surprises me when it comes to what people are willing to capture on camera these days.
  • Options
    duckymallardduckymallard Posts: 13,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course. A white guy shoots people in a school, he's a crazed lunatic. A person "of Muslim appearance" chops a guy's head off and he's a terrorist.

Can you not see the point? If anything, our society has already lost if we've become so ingrained in calling Muslims who do things like this terrorists, when all they are is nutjob psychopaths.

Bit of a difference though. This seems to be a targetted attack opposed to a spree killing. Folks are talking about 20 minutes when they didn't try to attack anyone else, before they went up against the Trojan officers.

That's not some nutjob - that's someone with a clear agenda.
  • Options
    SanguiniusSanguinius Posts: 1,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    divingbboy wrote: »
    I'm hearing that the PM is going to be flying back from Paris. I hope not. Completely the wrong tact. Having a PM change plans gives terrorists the kind of influence and attention they crave.

He can't win. Carry on as normal and get criticised by some for not coming back, or come back and get criticised for doing that.

I have no problem with him coming back. Also if this attack has some form of terrorist cell link there could be intelligence or suspected intelligence about other attacks in the pipeline.

Cameron would then really get flayed by the media and public opinion if more of these attacks happen and it looks like he doesn't care.
  • Options
    Dr. ClawDr. Claw Posts: 7,375
    Forum Member
    TheBilly wrote: »
    How did the MP know so quick that it was a soldier? :confused:

you do a head count
  • Options
    End-Em-AllEnd-Em-All Posts: 23,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITV news have just shown a clip of one of the alleged murderers holding what looked like a meat cleaver and a knife with his hands covered in what I can only assume to be blood ranting to someone filming him :eek:
  • Options
    Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its only a matter of time before something worse happens.
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

As a Nurse your job should be to treat anyone and everyone regardless of who they are or what they may have done, you dont have to like them or wish them well.

I would not wish death on them that would be a quick and easy exit and make them martyrs, I would wish a life meaning life in prison for them.
  • Options
    ustarionustarion Posts: 20,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soldiers and police might have to start carrying guns if this becomes a long term trend.
This discussion has been closed.