Options

Shooting in Woolwich, London

Comments

• Options
    Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lemoncurd wrote: »
    Cobra meetings are convened for all sorts of issues, not just murders and terrorist threats.
    A COBRA meeting is taking place right now because of a murder. It tells me all I need to know.
  • Options
    vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DianaFire wrote: »
    If I were you, I'd ask for a refund on your nursing training.

lol.......:D
  • Options
    gulliverfoylegulliverfoyle Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    so thanks a lot Labour for rubbing the rights faces in multiculturalism

and open door immigration
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes and no where does it say I have to participate in the treatment of terrorists.

I'm a nurse and a very good one.

Treat people as individuals

1. You must treat people as individuals and respect their dignity
    2. You must not discriminate in any way against those in your care
    3. You must treat people kindly and considerately
    4. You must act as an advocate for those in your care, helping them to access relevant health and social care, information and support

Bit in bold. This is a direct quote from NMC codes and standards.
  • Options
    Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jane Doh! wrote: »
    Everyone should be treated the same.

As a nurse, you should know that.

Assuming you are, of course.

Ah calling me a liar, yes I'm a nurse but unlike you I have morals and I have no compassion for terrorist scum.

If you feel the need to be the terrorists official DS apologist then so be it but don't waste my time anymore.
  • Options
    weateallthepiesweateallthepies Posts: 4,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UncleLou wrote: »
    Multiculturalism doesn't work.

Aww crap, nobody told me. Should I be reporting somewhere or something?
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes and no where does it say I have to participate in the treatment of terrorists.

With the current problems with A & E and patients having to wait for hours, then yes I agree, keep putting them to the end of the queue and treat those deserving of care first.
  • Options
    Hobbit FeetHobbit Feet Posts: 18,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nick Griffins wife is a nurse

bloody amazes me that does
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They could have easily shot him in his leg.

People wearing suicide vests sometimes have triggers in their hand or close to their hand to detonate the vest. Shooting them in the leg does nothing to prevent that.
  • Options
    AdsAds Posts: 37,183
    Forum Member
    Dr. Claw wrote: »

What a horrendous image
  • Options
    omipaloneomipalone Posts: 11,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Clearly you are not as you have zero knowledge of the NMC Code of Conduct & the fact that all people are treated equally (even terrorists, paedophiles and murderers).

That is of course, if you are a nurse and not just some no-mark on a public forum trying to troll or be a WUM
  • Options
    duckymallardduckymallard Posts: 13,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The whole point of Op Kratos was to go up against suicide bombers. You shoot someone in the leg (which only happens on TV) they still detonate the bomb.

After seeking medical opinion, the officers were trained to shoot towards the brain stem and to keep shooting until any possibility of the suspect detonating a device was gone.
  • Options
    heikerheiker Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    It took 20 minutes for the police to arrive. If this was the USA, any cop could have shot them.

The nearest police station to the incident is about 30 seconds away. The Police's reaction to the murder was governed by procedures laid down in their Health and Safety Guidelines
  • Options
    DianaFireDianaFire Posts: 12,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    UncleLou wrote: »
    Multiculturalism doesn't work.

Tweak the aerial or give it a thump.
  • Options
    jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course. A white guy shoots people in a school, he's a crazed lunatic. A person "of Muslim appearance" chops a guy's head off and he's a terrorist.

Can you not see the point? If anything, our society has already lost if we've become so ingrained in calling Muslims who do things like this terrorists, when all they are is nutjob psychopaths.
    This was gone over & over with the Boston bombing. Terrorism is something done in order to try and change the way a society works according to a political or religious ideology, by using murder, or deliberately creating fear in some way. Mentally ill people who attack random people are not doing so for any particular reason.
    egghead1 wrote: »
    Why are news saying its a terror attack? The soldier-if indeed he was-wasn't in uniform and was in a car.Surely it's a murder,albeit nasty.
    He apparently had a help for heroes T shirt on, or he was carrying a help for heroes collection box.
  • Options
    UncleLouUncleLou Posts: 2,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Treat people as individuals

1. You must treat people as individuals and respect their dignity
    2. You must not discriminate in any way against those in your care
    3. You must treat people kindly and considerately
    4. You must act as an advocate for those in your care, helping them to access relevant health and social care, information and support

Bit in bold. This is a direct quote from NMC codes and standards.

Only scum likes scum. NHS shouldn't be giving treatment to terrorists.
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

or better still, between the legs.
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How is it ridiculous? You actually believe we should ensure terrorist scum has the best treatment if the are injured as a result of their vile actions, let them die in agony and its just a pity the armed response did not shoot them in the head the the stupid ignorant uneducated scumbags would see there is no virgins waiting for them in heaven.

As a Nurse its your job to treat anyone and everyone just as our front line Nurses did in both wars , enemy or own was treated. Secondly I would want them to survive, to know why they did what they did and then to see them spend the rest of their lives locked up.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's tragic this man has been killed, especially in such an awful manner, but people are murdered every day. Just because the motives of the murderers were religion or politics rather than money or love or any of the usual ones, doesn't make this some sort of national emergency.

The reaction to 'terrorism' is always irrational. The chances of being the victim of a terror attack are almost zero. Worry about getting hit by a car, or having a heart attack. Terrorism poses no threat to you or your family. The only effect it will ever have on your life is through the irrational and hysterical reactions of others who insist we change our way of life in response to these attacks.
  • Options
    Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member

I'm afraid I don't believe you, with all respect.
  • Options
    SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You could be treating criminals everyday and would not know it.
  • Options
    culturemancultureman Posts: 11,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Voynich wrote: »
    That poster seems determined to see it as some sort of insult. Given what happened it seems to me to be an odd thing to be concerned about. That apparently the correct way hasn't been used to describe a person who decapitated someone.

He sounds like the kind of "liberal" that gets offended on behalf of Muslims etc when the festival that occurs in late Decemberin the UK is called "Christmas".
  • Options
    RedSnapperRedSnapper Posts: 2,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If I were you I would of quit this thread after the responses to your first post.

Are you really that thick ?
  • Options
    Dr. ClawDr. Claw Posts: 7,375
    Forum Member
    Ads wrote: »
    What a horrendous image

seeng it on tv, now. "you people will never be safe" he says. "sorry that women with kids had to see this" what a guy. he's carrying both a large knife and a meat cleaver
This discussion has been closed.