Options

Shooting in Woolwich, London

Comments

• Options
    jriojrio Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    doom&gloom wrote: »
    Thousands of mainly white British people are fleeing London and this will increase the ratio.
    Haven't seen that on any news feeds, this "fleeing".

Where have you seen it? Or do you mean that they are selling their over-priced London homes to buy cheaper homes away from London in pursuit of a better quality of life?
  • Options
    DixDix Posts: 79,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cameron coming back tomorrow,but he should have returned this evening, but no he has other agendas. He talking re economy isn't anything to do with what happened today. Mind you what can he do, as it's all up to each and every one of us to remain aware.
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No I don't think they are copying the IRA. The clearly waited for armed police and charged at them in an attempt to be killed. They could have charged at the police (unarmed) at the scene in the twenty mins before the armed police showed up.

Yes, there was nothing suicidal about the IRA. There was never a single incident of a suicide bombing with them and they never wanted to be captured either.
  • Options
    Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stoatie wrote: »
    "White" Britain? I thought the EDL didn't give a shit about colour?

Oops, they keep forgetting that don't they.
  • Options
    AdsAds Posts: 37,182
    Forum Member
    valkay wrote: »
    They have dragged their own names through the mud.

Slightly racist comment!
  • Options
    TerryallgoldTerryallgold Posts: 1,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vosne wrote: »
    You really are undermining yourself by saying silly things. Bit disappointing really. Can't you try harder?

Not really, couldn't give a stuff this country went to the dogs decades ago. I am more interested in how history will show this country in decades to come. It is akin to how we look back at grave mistakes such as the recent scrapping of the coal industry in favour of Gas that we now pay an unaffordable high premium to our old enemy Russia. So in the future amid the chaos and social breakdown we will look back to the 70/80's and realise that we gave the country away. It makes sense to integrate with people who have something to offer the culture already here. We have gone a step further though we take on the worlds criminals as well as Doctors and Nurses.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lemoncurd wrote: »
    Dunno, but we've had the Muslims and the Nigerians mentioned so far, so the more the merrier. I think one of the witnesses was reported as saying they were Somalian.

The one guy I've seen pictures of didn't look Somalian to me.
  • Options
    Sarah.1987Sarah.1987 Posts: 1,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just heard about this, what a harrowing, appalling incident. I feel awful for the soldiers family.

There are so many conflicting stories going around, can anyone give a rough indication of what actually happened? I've literally only just heard about this.
  • Options
    SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jaceylacey wrote: »
    The soldier was white...it is clear from the clip, This was a terrorist and racist attack by two savages.

Look, if the killed the soldier because he was white it is racist. If they killed him because he was a soldier, it would a terrorist attack. Please stop trying to justify your earlier silly post.
  • Options
    16caerhos16caerhos Posts: 2,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A brave soldier brutally murdered on his own soil. It makes me ****ing sick!
  • Options
    Saskia44Saskia44 Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Geiger wrote: »
    You know Islamic terrorism was trying to attack the West, including Britain, before we invaded Afghanistan and Iraq? Indeed we only invaded Afghanistan because the terrorists they were harbouring did attack. There was a plot uncovered in the UK in 2000, before both of those wars.

So no, they're not attacking us just because we invaded Muslim lands.

Well said - people do talk bo**ocks!
  • Options
    dawnrayddawnrayd Posts: 6,746
    Forum Member
    How do you propose to determine who is a "high risk individual" then?

That's up to the security services, not me.
  • Options
    JELLIES0JELLIES0 Posts: 6,709
    Forum Member
    Ads wrote: »
    Slightly racist comment!

A very helpful comment from you Ads.
  • Options
    CSJBCSJB Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    Sniffle774 wrote: »
    This was a terrible, terrible act but the ease with which some people are happy to attribute the actions of these twisted twunts to every Muslim is so very sad. The glee with which they jump on the news and start trotting out venom and bile against people who only crime is to share a religion is sad.

When these atrocities are committed in the name of islam what do you expect.
    They aren't random nutters committing crimes who happen to be muslims as well.
    They do it for islam, because of islam and in the name of islam.
    If muslims don't want to be tarred with the same brush then let's see some large scale denouncements of these acts from the imams.
    Let's see some proactive actions from the muslim community to rid itself of this vermin, i won't hold my breath though.
  • Options
    doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    Oh my goodness! This was mere minutes after the killing. Do you expect police on every corner of every street to spring into action within seconds!? Our police force are among the best in the world, give them some credit here.

I think they took 20 minutes to get there, if the closest police were called to the scene they would have got there sooner but they couldn't attend as they were unarmed.

Unarmed police put the public in danger.
  • Options
    homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    stoatie wrote: »
    "White" Britain? I thought the EDL didn't give a shit about colour?

Dont know the edl or there stance on everything, just no that london is fast becoming a white no go area.
  • Options
    Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sarah.1987 wrote: »
    Just heard about this, what a harrowing, appalling incident. I feel awful for the soldiers family.

There are so many conflicting stories going around, can anyone give a rough indication of what actually happened? I've literally only just heard about this.

BBC.
    A man has been killed in a machete attack and his two assailants shot by police in Woolwich, south-east London.

The government is reported to be treating the assault as a suspected terrorist incident and the prime minister said it was "truly shocking".

Home Secretary Theresa May has summoned a meeting of the government's emergency response committee Cobra.

Local MP Nick Raynsford said the dead man was a soldier at Woolwich barracks but this has not been confirmed.
  • Options
    basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    Look, if the killed the soldier because he was white it is racist. If they killed him because he was a soldier, it would a terrorist attack. Please stop trying to justify your earlier silly post.
    The solder would have probably been killed, if they knew he was a solder, if he was mixed race, Black or Asian.
  • Options
    stirlingguy1stirlingguy1 Posts: 7,038
    Forum Member
    Sarah.1987 wrote: »

Probably your best bet for the actualy facts:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22630303
    I wouldn't get your facts from DS!
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone explain how this is a terrorist attack, and not just another murder?

Why does the PM have to do a Cobra meeting???

Does he do that every time someone gets murdered?
  • Options
    vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This thread is a hell of an eye-opener...
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    homer2012 wrote: »
    Dont know the edl or there stance on everything, just no that london is fast becoming a white no go area.

It isn't, you know.
  • Options
    AdsAds Posts: 37,182
    Forum Member
    doom&gloom wrote: »
    I think they took 20 minutes to get there, if the closest police were called to the scene they would have got there sooner but they couldn't attend as they were unarmed.

Unarmed police put the public in danger.

to be fair the unarmed police would likely have been attacked by the meat cleaver armed terrorists if they had tried to intervene before the armed police got there.
  • Options
    TheBillyTheBilly Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    Can someone explain how this is a terrorist attack, and not just another murder?

Why does the PM have to do a Cobra meeting???

There's a clip of the killer banging on about governments.
This discussion has been closed.