Comments

• Options
    KOP1975KOP1975 Posts: 942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad he is gone.
    Utd this, utd that.
    Done my head in.
    Anyone know if he left or if he was sacked??
  • Options
    jackyorkjackyork Posts: 6,608
    Forum Member
    Reg1 wrote: »
    Ronnie will stay and do the cricket. The lad needs to keep his profile up.

I agree that's what he should do but Ronnie's not the type to accept he's a piss poor presenter, he likes to have the last word.
  • Options
    originalrobskioriginalrobski Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    im wondering if he knew/suspected this was coming.

for the last few weeks, ive been thinking the blatent plugging for stuff (champs league tickets. golf stuff, etc) was getting worse, i dont usually listen much before half 7 in the morning, but every show, he seemed to be after something, either by the usual "we will have to get in contact with our man Al.. you know, him who sorted us out last time" or "maybe someone out there can help us out Al"...... perhaps he was trying to get as much as he could before the boot came?

either way, glad he is gone. Heres hoping the replacement is at least a radio person!
  • Options
    garbage456garbage456 Posts: 8,225
    Forum Member
    It's talk sport talking about sport. Why do the presenters need to have degrees in speech on this forum. It's quite vile some of the writing on here.
  • Options
    delboy1953delboy1953 Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    Ronnie will stay and do the cricket. The lad needs to keep his profile up.

Would be better off having some thinking time in a darkened room trying to work out why so many people detest him and knowing this has probably been a big factor in him getting fired
  • Options
    garbage456garbage456 Posts: 8,225
    Forum Member
    KOP1975 wrote: »
    Glad he is gone.
    Utd this, utd that.
    Done my head in.
    Anyone know if he left or if he was sacked??

same as quinn Liverpool this and that.
    same as Brazil celtic this and that .
    etc.
  • Options
    Flashy VicFlashy Vic Posts: 782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jackyork wrote: »
    Thanks Vic, fair enough if its a wind-up.
    Evening Lawnsy you c... Missing you loads :)

See what happens if we're not careful, Jack?

Like the Candyman, say his name enough times & he appears.
    Be afraid, be very afraid.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Flashy Vic wrote: »
    See what happens if we're not careful, Jack?

Like the Candyman, say his name enough times & he appears.
    Be afraid, be very afraid.

:D Yeah I know I will watch out in future.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    garbage456 wrote: »
    It's talk sport talking about sport. Why do the presenters need to have degrees in speech on this forum. It's quite vile some of the writing on here.

Well its pretty obvious you have never listened to him.
  • Options
    Mrs MillsMrs Mills Posts: 873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If he is being allowed to continue with cricket shows it suggests that he has gone because the RAJAR figures for the show were so poor last week...but then why finish on a Thursday?
  • Options
    Billy244Billy244 Posts: 21,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fattmaude wrote: »
    Why not give Fordey a try with Brazil? Two larger than life persona's it could really work wonders for talkSPORT, anyone agree?

Serious question and asked as respectfully as I can but are you on a wind-up with this?, bring in Forde to co-present the breakfast show?, I'd rather slit my wrists and pull out the blood vessels with rusty thin-nosed pliers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fattmaude wrote: »
    Bring back Mike!

We miss you Mike.

Fatt you like Matt Forde and Mike Parry I see, who else do you like at the station just out of curiosity?.
  • Options
    Flashy VicFlashy Vic Posts: 782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrs Mills wrote: »
    If he is being allowed to continue with cricket shows it suggests that he has gone because the RAJAR figures for the show were so poor last week...but then why finish on a Thursday?

It may have been something else. Its all so sudden. The Rajar figures may be the main reason but the suddenness points to a specific incident that tipped the balance,

If you listen to the listen again, at 6 he sounds his normal cheery self, its sometime after that he finds out.

The official TS statement says 'from immediate effect' which is never a sign of an amicable parting. And he said to Brazil just after the journo Mat Scott let the cat out of the bag, "you know the situation, Al".

The cricket thing, which he didn't sound sure about at all, may have been a management ploy to keep him from a DLT style meltdown or storming out & leaving an under prepared (as always) Brazil from doing the rest of the show alone.
  • Options
    Zizu58Zizu58 Posts: 3,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Billy244 wrote: »
    Fatt you like Matt Forde and Mike Parry I see, who else do you like at the station just out of curiosity?.

They are the worst two of all !!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fluffski wrote: »
    6 long years over, now I know how Terry Waite felt.

Seriously, Irani was as irritating as the tedious adverts. The thing that really annoyed me with Irani was after years of experience on the radio he never made any effort, and as such was very happy to sit back and let Brazil do the work. Any guest that came on, he'd ask one banal question, and of course the ubiquitous ' brilliant/well done' at the end. And as for the amount of times he said 'I must admit'! Well I'd love to know what he's admitting now.

It was always an eye-opener when someone sat in for him (sadly not often enough), at how weak, inept and basically lazy his presenting was. I know someone has lost their job here, but 6 years of getting away with it together with all the perks and sidelines this has generated for him personally is more than generous.

I'm not concerned one jot he's lost his job tens of thousands are losing their jobs every week and very few of them are earning £150,000 a year for 4 hours sitting in an air conditioned radio studio letting the other bloke do the work and getting an Aladdin's cave of freebie goodies thrown in for product naming.
    Good riddance Irani you were truly awful and totally out of your depth.
  • Options
    m4rk1m4rk1 Posts: 4,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Charles Sale will reveal all in his DM column tomorrow . Good work if you can get it as it takes about ten minutes to write every day and could be done by anyone who follows enough people on twitter.
  • Options
    stormy-weathersstormy-weathers Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    garbage456 wrote: »

I think the main problem is he doesn't seem to know anything about sport.If he was able to just talk about sport like say Danny Kelly and seem to have some sort of genuine interest or knowledge then that would have been fine but unfortunately that wasn't the case
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new controller will be thinking in one of two ways. Either he thinks Irani and the station lack professionalism and have sacked him on the first decent excuse they could muster to get him out the door with the view of putting someone who knows a modicum about sport, or they think the station lacks the entertainment value it had in days of yore and intend on putting someone like Parry back to give us all a laugh.

Getting shot of Iranus might result in an even more boring show without his incompetence to keep us all hooked which still doesn't get better ratings.On the other hand Parry and Brazil is a known formula and TS legendary partnership which might.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The penny must have dropped the minute he actually heard him.:D?................With the Parrot gone, poor Quinny is in for a rocky ride.:p

Hilarious Micky Quinn must be well worried now Ronald's finally seen justice, let's face it Quinny's gotten away with it for years simply through Irani and Forde's broadcasting ineptitude.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On a few occasions Ronnie says he needs to sort things out regarding upcoming Cricket shows.

I think Ronnie is the type to bite his nose off to spite his face and not bother doing the cricket show, what a stroke of luck for the cricket lovers.

If Irani's to continue covering cricket on talksport that's fine by me I don't follow cricket and I never listen to cricket shows on talksport. :D To be fair on Irani he's probably ok at talking about cricket but I know sod all about that sport and I have read from others on here that do know their cricket he's not exactly top of the class even at that the thing he did for a living once.

Bad luck on all you cricket followers this summer. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    welovezig wrote: »
    Is it a coincidence that Clark Carlisle has just announced his retirement? :confused:

good luck Ronnie, you have always seemed like a really nice bloke, even though you denounced Lancashire :mad:

I hope that it is just a coincidence.Clark seems nice enough but i find him bland and boring and he dosen't seem to have any personality so i wouldn't like to see him get the gig,he was on talksport today saying that he is looking to do some more media work but i can't see them giving it to him maybe they will have different guest presenters as they did when Ronnie was on holiday.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought I'd check to see if anyone has updated his Wikipedia page.

Nothing so far but the discussion page debating what goes into the article is worth a chuckle.:)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Ronnie_Irani
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope that it is just a coincidence.Clark seems nice enough but i find him bland and boring and he dosen't seem to have any personality so i wouldn't like to see him get the gig,he was on talksport today saying that he is looking to do some more media work but i can't see them giving it to him maybe they will have different guest presenters as they did when Ronnie was on holiday.

Maybe he might develop a personality once he's fully into working in the media, for example I don't think Gary Lineker was too hot at first but they crash-coursed him on presenting and he's now very good in my view. I would like to think this would happen with Clarke Carlisle because I like listening to him and wouldn't mind him doing the breakfast show but your right you really need a personality to sound good on radio especially if it's a daily role.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Billy244 wrote: »
    Maybe he might develop a personality once he's fully into working in the media, for example I don't think Gary Lineker was too hot at first but they crash-coursed him on presenting and he's now very good in my view. I would like to think this would happen with Clarke Carlisle because I like listening to him and wouldn't mind him doing the breakfast show but your right you really need a personality to sound good on radio especially if it's a daily role.

Hmm i'm not so sure .Radio and television are very different.Gary would probably make a boring radio host but i think he is fine on tv .Clark seems to say alot without actually saying anything interesting or meaningful.I'm not sure a crash course in presenting can give you an interesting personality although i understand what you are trying to say.
    Gary can actually be quite amusing particular on twitter.
    I don't see any of this in Clark he just seems nice but boring.
    With Radio you certainly need a bit of bite
  • Options
    TheWayItIsTheWayItIs Posts: 4,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh hi there old oak:)

An excellent point well made once again. I am really enjoying the great debate on DriveTime with Adrian Durham and Darren Gough at the moment. They are discussing some big sporting issues surrounding the Premier League and my beloved Chelsea FC and I for one am hooked on it at the moment.

I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings on TalkSport!:)

Magnificent irony and pee-taking!
    :)
This discussion has been closed.