Options

The Voice UK - 3rd Seriers **CONFIRMED**

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
Forum Member
It has been confirmed by BBC that The Voice UK will return for a third series.

Should the current judges return ?

What are you thoughts about this.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 359
    Forum Member
    I think they need to take a leaf out of the US series and maybe mix the panel up a little bit. Would love to see Christina instead of Jessie J. I know she is back for the September shows in the US, so depending when the auditions start for season 3, it might not happen..
    Would like to see Tom stay, add Seal instead of Wil-i-am and Danny to be replaced by Will Young.
    If Christina can't do the Voice UK would love to see someone like Chaka Khan or Mary J Blige.
  • Options
    Gregg_LUFCGregg_LUFC Posts: 452
    Forum Member
    Yeah just get rid of Jessie J!!! She's one of the most loathsome and fake people on TV
  • Options
    maggie_07maggie_07 Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, it'll be great to have another series and I hope Jessie will be back. She's the most honest of the coaches and passionate about music.

If anyone goes it should be Will because of his manipulating.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    maggie_07 wrote: »
    Yes, it'll be great to have another series and I hope Jessie will be back. She's the most honest of the coaches and passionate about music.

If anyone goes it should be Will because of his manipulating.

Will tells it how it is. Jessie just likes to cause a scene cause she knows the camera will go on to her. She's fake
  • Options
    SCD-ObserverSCD-Observer Posts: 18,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gregg_LUFC wrote: »
    Will tells it how it is. Jessie just likes to cause a scene cause she knows the camera will go on to her. She's fake

So trendy to call people fake, innit?

I think will has become the manipulator in this series. Many of the acts he said were good in other coaches battles, the other three disagreed, and when it's time for him to steal, he didn't do so. Not only that. If I recalled properly, he said he liked Alex's opponent in the battle, and then when Alex was up for grabs, he pressed the button to steal. C'mon. That's manipulation through and through. Such behaviour is only suitable for shows like XF, not TV.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I think will has become the manipulator in this series. Many of the acts he said were good in other coaches battles, the other three disagreed, and when it's time for him to steal, he didn't do so. Not only that. If I recalled properly, he said he liked Alex's opponent in the battle, and then when Alex was up for grabs, he pressed the button to steal. C'mon. That's manipulation through and through. Such behaviour is only suitable for shows like XF, not TV.

I don't know? Is it?
  • Options
    MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Nail and head there SCD-O. It almost feels as if Will has become bored with the show and is being controversial for the sake of it. At least Jessie's, Tom's & Danny's choices appear honestly made, even if anyone saving Alex was a waste of a steal.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    There is no way the BBC can afford christina, she gets paid 12million us dollars to do the voice us
  • Options
    maggie_07maggie_07 Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Totally agree. Will would be better suited to XF. I hope he doesn't come back next year. I think there will be a few people who are glad they didn't pick him as their coach when they had the choice as some of his decisions have been bizarre (but obviously fit in with his game plan).
  • Options
    DalwhatDalwhat Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    Really disappointed the way Will has managed his singers both this year and last. Last year he effectively lost the competition for Jaz with song choices. This year he is clearly looking to win rather than have the best singer get through. Danny is annoying as he cares too much about what others think and Jessie is a bit of a whiner who doesn't practice what she preaches. Tom seems to care, has the courage of his convictions but is hamstrung by the format of the show.

Firstly, the blind auditions are the most popular part of the show. The BBC should acknowledge that and revamp the format so that there isn't this mad dash at the end to hoover up dross when far better talent went unclaimed earlier on. Work out a way that the contestants have an equal chance no matter where in the running order they sing.

Secondly, get rid of duos.

Thirdly, get rid of battle rounds.

Fourthly, don't make singers sing outside their comfort zone. Buble doesn't sing metal, Will doesn't sing full stop. I know its a gameshow but this is peoples' careers the show is playing with here. Give them a chance and let the public decide.

Lastly, please stop Holly from screeching. She toned it down for a while there but was back to her best there this week.
  • Options
    NiiiiiiikNiiiiiiik Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get rid of Tom Jessie Danny keep will and revamp the panel
  • Options
    barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    I want to get rid of Jessie. Keep the rest of them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I want to get rid of Jessie. Keep the rest of them.

Yeah I agree I think she's terrible on it and patronises the contestants with her falseness
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 359
    Forum Member
    There is no way the BBC can afford christina, she gets paid 12million us dollars to do the voice us

True..
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Get Paloma Faith instead of Jessie. Lose Holly.
  • Options
    MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JamieHT wrote: »
    Get Paloma Faith instead of Jessie. Lose Holly.

Good grief nooooo.

Would rather they stole Seal from the Australian version instead of Will.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Monaogg wrote: »
    Good grief nooooo.

Would rather they stole Seal from the Australian version instead of Will.

Paloma Faith would be so much better than Jessie J
  • Options
    DandemDandem Posts: 13,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only judge I'd replace is Jessie J. Replace her with Ellie Goulding.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dandem wrote: »
    The only judge I'd replace is Jessie J. Replace her with Ellie Goulding.

Another good choice
  • Options
    Forum Member
    striing wrote: »
    Gosh no. Replace Jessie by all means but Paloma Faith would drive me insane in 3 seconds. Love her music but her speaking voice - uuurrrggghhh.

At least Palomas accent is genuine though
  • Options
    SCD-ObserverSCD-Observer Posts: 18,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I agree I think she's terrible on it and patronises the contestants with her falseness

Broken record are we? You don't have to fart twice you know...
  • Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,536
    Forum Member
    I can see next year the only coach staying out of the current lot being Danny

Will (IMO) isn't coming across too well in recent shows and seems bored to be honest. Jessie I can see concerntrating on her music and will leave. Tom said in the past wouldn't return if Jessie didn't and i'd imagine he will move on as well.
  • Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,536
    Forum Member
    Will tells it how it is.

Not really... he makes weird decision then tries to back it up by spurting a load of gibberish and ending his sentence with the word dope.

Not really telling it how it is
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am so glad The Voice is returning for another series. I love it and I think this year is much better than last. As for the coaches, I like the panel as it is now, I think they all have different things to offer the contestants which makes it more interesting. The only coach I wouldn't miss would be Tom. Will is so funny and really brings something different to the show, and Jessie and Danny have great personalities. They make the show interesting. I love Tom, but because he's quieter it makes him more replaceable.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can see next year the only coach staying out of the current lot being Danny

Will (IMO) isn't coming across too well in recent shows and seems bored to be honest. Jessie I can see concerntrating on her music and will leave. Tom said in the past wouldn't return if Jessie didn't and i'd imagine he will move on as well.

I think will.i.am is just waiting for a better offer from Simon Cowell. :) It's always seemed odd to me that he's judging a show based on just the voice and his recent comments: "it's not just about the voice" are completely contrary to what the show is about (but that's a whole different thread ... )

Jessie has already said she thinks she made a mistake signing up for this series. It's a shame because, although she can seem annoying, she's probably the most passionate of them all. She just makes it all look like hard work. When she sat on the floor at the end of one episode and her face just lit up and enjoyed the music, I thought that was nice and not irritating. Why can't she be more relaxed? You don't have to be frustrated or angry to show you're passionate.

I think Tom will stay. I don't think he's as reliant on Jessie as he says, and a year has passed since he made those comments. Plus: when was the last time he was on Saturday night TV?

Don't know or particularly care about Danny. His profile has improved 100% since he's been on the show - most people wouldn't have heard of him pre-The Voice, so he might stay to keep his profile high.